02/08/20, 05:22 AM   #1
Maelynn
hide specific quests

Is there an addon that allows me to hide specific quests from the world and/or compass? There's a couple that I know I will never do, but it's getting bothersome to have them pop up every time and letting me think there's a decent quest I haven't yet picked up.

Just to be clear, this is not about quests in my log. This is about quests I haven't accepted and don't plan on doing.

Examples:

- DLC quests, like Quen in the Outlaw Refuge (I'm not going to do these on all my alts)
- For Glory! (I hate battlegrounds)
- breadcrumb quests in cities, like Concordia Mercius (also not going to do these on all my alts)
02/08/20, 10:07 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think this addon got some manually hide options for quests and I guess there are others.
Just use the addon search and type in "quests", then read the descriptions of the addons.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1022-QuestMap.html
02/08/20, 03:58 PM   #3
Maelynn
Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but it doesn't remove the game's default quest markers - it only seems to do so for the ones it implemented itself. Moreover, it doesn't even display quest markers for newer zones like Vvardenfell or Elsweyr. Not that I'd want any additional markers, but to me that says the addon isn't even maintained anymore.

Here's a screenshot of the default game markers that I'd like to get off my screen, in this case specifically for the quest 'For Glory!':

02/11/20, 05:02 AM   #4
Maelynn
Is it even possible for an addon to do such a thing? If not, then I won't even bother addon authors and just try to ignore it like I have been doing.

If it is possible, would anyone be willing to create or incorporate it into an addon? Ideally a user would be able to select/input specific quests for the addon to hide the visual markers of - only the visual ones, so the user could pick up the quest if they interacted with the NPC/object.
02/14/20, 05:35 PM   #5
MurkyMais
Use FCM Quest Tracker You can hide quests by Zone etc

Select witch quests types you want to display : Show/Hide Guilds Quests, Main Story Quests, Cyrodill Quests...

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...stTracker.html
02/14/20, 06:52 PM   #6
Kyoma
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MurkyMais View Post
Use FCM Quest Tracker You can hide quests by Zone etc

Select witch quests types you want to display : Show/Hide Guilds Quests, Main Story Quests, Cyrodill Quests...

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...stTracker.html
I believe the OP is talking about hiding certain quest markers above npcs/boards/etc and on the compass, which isn't really possible. Technically they can be hidden but there is no way to retrieve what quest is associated with the marker and thus selectively hiding them is not a thing an addon can do.

Even for the compass I think the name of the quest is only given to the UI when it is highlighted (as seen in the screenshot)
02/19/20, 03:46 AM   #7
Maelynn
Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
hiding certain quest markers above npcs/boards/etc and on the compass, which isn't really possible. [...] no way to retrieve what quest is associated with the marker and thus selectively hiding them is not a thing an addon can do.
Thanks for confirming this. Since I don't write addons I have no idea what they can and cannot do, so I appreciate being told by someone who does. I shall just have to keep ignoring those annoying markers, then.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » hide specific quests