08/03/18, 03:42 AM   #1
ovinnik
Azurah. Abandoned?

Well. I hope I'm wrong, but Azurah looks well and truly given up upon. It still works, but only for now. (Or at least that's what I fear.) Does anyone have any insights here?

Other frame movers are available, but none have quite the same functionality. As a result, Azurah would have to be replaced by many separate addons, some of whom may not even exist.

So. Below are the features I've been using. Are there any working replacements? I've listed some, perhaps there are better alternatives.

- A frame mover, preferably with a "snap to grid" function (Bandits UI, AUI?)
- A frame resizer, or at least one for one's compass
- An unintrusive bag watcher
- An addon to prevent stealing by accident (NoAccidentalStealing)

Thanks.
08/03/18, 07:01 AM   #2
SlippyCheeze
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ovinnik View Post
Well. I hope I'm wrong, but Azurah looks well and truly given up upon. It still works, but only for now. (Or at least that's what I fear.) Does anyone have any insights here?

Other frame movers are available, but none have quite the same functionality. As a result, Azurah would have to be replaced by many separate addons, some of whom may not even exist.

So. Below are the features I've been using. Are there any working replacements? I've listed some, perhaps there are better alternatives.

- A frame mover, preferably with a "snap to grid" function (Bandits UI, AUI?)
- A frame resizer, or at least one for one's compass
- An unintrusive bag watcher
- An addon to prevent stealing by accident (NoAccidentalStealing)

Thanks.
There are other frame movers? I looked, but couldn't find any at all. Since that is literally all I use Azurah for, I was vaguely planning to look at building my own replacement that would be less prone to degrade over time, but if they already exist...

For bag space, I use "Info Panel", which moves the ZOS supplied ping/FPS meter to the top of the screen, and adds a huge pile of additional data to it. Bag and bank space are included in that. Updates are a little slower than I like, but I figure I'll eventually get around to seeing if I can't wire up event handling to make that a bit more instant -- or at least learn why the developer didn't already do that.
08/03/18, 07:28 AM   #3
ovinnik
Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
There are other frame movers?
Apparently so. They're newer, I think, and not as polished.

For bag space, I use "Info Panel", which moves the ZOS supplied ping/FPS meter to the top of the screen, and adds a huge pile of additional data to it.
Info Panel is one way to get the job done, that's true. I'm not sure why, but I've always found the (usually hidden) progress bar Azurah provides to be more aesthetically pleasing. There's next to no information I'd want constantly displayed by a panel, so I was hoping for a more specialized addon, I suppose.

Do you know of any working alternative for resizing the default compass? Most seem out of date or otherwise buggy.
08/03/18, 07:31 AM   #4
Xerge
There are other frame movers? I looked, but couldn't find any at all. Since that is literally all I use Azurah for, I was vaguely planning to look at building my own replacement that would be less prone to degrade over time, but if they already exist...

For bag space, I use "Info Panel", which moves the ZOS supplied ping/FPS meter to the top of the screen, and adds a huge pile of additional data to it. Bag and bank space are included in that. Updates are a little slower than I like, but I figure I'll eventually get around to seeing if I can't wire up event handling to make that a bit more instant -- or at least learn why the developer didn't already do that.
Youre missing the hidden gem Advanced UI (AUI). Has frame mover, action bar, minimap, and quest tracker modules. The best ones imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180803_102457.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	643.4 KB
ID:	1031  
08/04/18, 12:18 AM   #5
ovinnik
Originally Posted by Xerge View Post
Youre missing the hidden gem Advanced UI (AUI). Has frame mover, action bar, minimap, and quest tracker modules. The best ones imo.
"Hidden gem"? Disregarding the fact it's already been listed, AUI has well over a million downloads. Sadly, both versions (original and continued) may be abandoned, too.

On a different note, I've found SmartBags Renascence. As an alternative visual bag watcher, it looks rather promising but ... also abandoned. It's a bit more recent than Azurah, however, so there's that.
08/04/18, 01:35 AM   #6
Xerge
Originally Posted by ovinnik View Post
"Hidden gem"? Disregarding the fact it's already been listed, AUI has well over a million downloads. Sadly, both versions (original and continued) may be abandoned, too.

On a different note, I've found SmartBags Renascence. As an alternative visual bag watcher, it looks rather promising but ... also abandoned. It's a bit more recent than Azurah, however, so there's that.
Yes, "hidden gem", you couldn't find a frame mover at all. Figure I'd help you out with one that one works flawlessly. Take care.
09/10/18, 12:49 PM   #7
User819
AUI does not have a frame mover, you can just move AUI's own frames which replaces the game's original ones. Totally different from what Azurah does.
09/10/18, 09:21 PM   #8
SilverWF

Exclamation

Azurah still works fine.
09/11/18, 12:30 AM   #9
Marazota
it works fine
but its abandoned, yes
09/11/18, 01:25 AM   #10
Scootworks

why you want to change anything if it works fine, even when it's abandoned?
09/11/18, 01:29 AM   #11
Octopuss

It might not work in one, two or something patches anymore.
I guess it's more about thinking about the future.

Also, there's no alternative. I looked at the other UI addon and didn't like it one bit.
09/11/18, 03:03 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Personal dislike does not qualify as "no alternative around".
You'd need to add "no alternative for you around"

But I know what you mean, using Azurah too.
It works normally for me so far.
If it changes in the future and noone will fix it I might have a look at it, but no promises AND I ONLY use the ability to move the controls on the UI. Nothing else.
So if other stuff breaks I won't fix it!

But we'll see what the future brings.
09/11/18, 07:41 AM   #13
ovinnik
It's slightly bizarre how this thread has suddenly generated so much interest ... but who am I to complain.

I explained my reasoning in the OP, I think, but let me try again, especially for those reminding me that Azurah still works: Yes, it does. For now.

Azurah is an assortment of smaller and larger features, many of whom I make use of. Some can be replaced easily, some can be extracted and turned into small, private mods that shouldn't break or else are easily maintained. Others have no substitutes that are functionally and/or aesthetically similar. And so I was hoping to gather some insights, ideas, recommendations.

Why now? Because I prefer not to wait until disaster strikes.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Azurah. Abandoned?