06/27/22, 08:04 AM   #1
MsMimi

No matter what I do, my addons do not appear. Please help!

I have tried to fix this for nearly 24 hours now, I came back to ESO after a long break and wanted to start from the start, I played a bit but remembered that I could have AddOns, I had them in the past and wanted some again just to make my experience smoother and feel nicer but no matter what I do, they will NOT show up in game.

I do not have a OneDrive documents folder, so the main folder isn't there, it seems to create itself in my C: Program Data folder but never creates a AddonSettings.txt or Usersettings.txt.

Also after previewing other people's videos on Youtube they seem to have Addons in their Settings menu, which I do not have, nor do I have the box to check for outdated AddOns, idk if my game is broken or something, I have uninstalled it twice and nothing fixes it OR maybe AddOns work very differently now? Either way I would like some help please & ty. ♥

SOLVED: Ty to Sharlikran for helping me fix this!

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Go in game and spam the screen shot key a bit. It will put at the top of the screen something like C:\Users\[who knows what]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots

Whatever it puts that is close to where the game is looking for your addons.

C:\Users\[Whatever it said in the screenshot]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots

C:\Users\[Whatever it said in the screenshot]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns <-- put the addons here

Also once you know where the game is looking you can set up Minion to use that folder instead of whatever it was configured to previously.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addons3.png
Views:	106
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	1486  Click image for larger version

Name:	addons4.png
Views:	104
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1487  Click image for larger version

Name:	addons1.png
Views:	105
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	1488  Click image for larger version

Name:	addons2.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1489  

Last edited by MsMimi : 06/27/22 at 08:53 AM.
06/27/22, 08:33 AM   #2
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Go in game and spam the screen shot key a bit. It will put at the top of the screen something like C:\Users\[who knows what]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots

C:\Users\[Whatever it said in the screenshot]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots

C:\Users\[Whatever it said in the screenshot]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns <-- put the addons here

Also once you know where the game is looking you can set up Minion to use that folder instead of whatever it was configured to previously.
06/27/22, 08:51 AM   #3
MsMimi

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post

Aaaa! You are a life saver! Tysm!
Gosh, well at least now there is a thread on here just in-case someone else has this issue! Not once did any thread say to spam screenshot to find the folder, tysm again! ♥
06/27/22, 09:35 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, there exist like 100 threads meanwhile telling you the same already, even the screenshot workaround
And because everyone was re-asking the same I even had written all that info to the sticky threads at the top of this forum:

But noone actually seems to read that ... even if the thread's name says "Troubleshooting&HowTo: AddOn install/find, Read & report lua errors, keybind issues"

In this thread you'd have found the howto detect your addon folder, including this screenshot workaround too.
So in case someone else has the issue, please just have a a look at the sticky threads at the top of each forum FIRST, as most of them answer all these questions already. And after that ask if you got questions or it still does not work, but also please tell us what you did and read before, thanks.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » No matter what I do, my addons do not appear. Please help!