10/06/22, 03:16 PM   #1
Baxpowa
Marking desired sets (not individual pieces)

Hello, I'm looking for an addon that will mark items that belong to sets that I designate as "desirable" in inventory, bank, vendors, guild stores, etc... (and maybe even chat). I think it would make it easier to identify sets I'm interested in at a glance without having to memorize them all.

I am currently using FCO ItemSaver for this purpose but it only works for items that I looted and are in my inventory/bank and it marks the individual items themselves. I believe the addon Set Tracker used to do this but it hasn't been updated in a while.

Anyone aware of an addon that does this or something similar?

Thanks!
10/07/22, 02:32 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SetTracker did not mark all items of a set it just showed you a list of the items and where they are.
And FCOIS was integrating SetTracker so you could add markers on them automatically (from SetTracker data) and show the comments of SetTracker at the FCOIS marker icons tooltip.
I tried to fix SetTracker a few times but it's totally broken and I'm not able nor interested into recoding the whole addon.

There exist other addons which also show you your set items of a set, e.g. Inventory Insight, accross your characters + banks etc.
Just turn the set search button on at the search bar at the bottom of the IIfA UI.

But no addon adds markers on those items especially not on "non inventory" items as it is hard to mark something that you do not own yet
You would need a complete list of ids of the set items, which LibSets provides, but you would also need to save that to your SavedVariables which blows it unneccessarily up a lot AND will slow down your loading screens and logins. I would not recommand that and just use FCOIS to mark the items as they get into your inventory.

Used in combination with AdvancedFilters and the existing plugins for AF where you can filter sets
>https://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php -> Advanced Filters: And you will find all plugins available (e.g. Monster Sets, Craftable Sets, ...)
you can filter your total inventories with AF to only show these particular set items, even use the main inventory filters like armor/weapons to subfilter it, and then use FCOIS "flag" icon to mass mark all shown items with your desired marker icon.

This is not what you have asked for but imo comes close to it, without having the downside of blown up SavedVariables for ALL itemIds of sets you might sometime get, or not.
+ You can use WishList to add your desired unowned items to a list and enable automatic marking of these items of your character's WishList with a FCOIS marker icon too. This is not differentiating any set names (and I'm not going toa dd this to WishList), will just mark all on your WishList like that, but it also helps to find the new ones looted in your inventory using (FCOIS filter buttons and AdvancedFilters e.g.).
I'm currently working on adding "gear" markers inside WishList (no inventory markers, only at the WishList UI) to sort and filter them by their help. Makes it more clean to add your wished items to a desired gear type like "Healer vSS" or similar.
check the WishList comments/description for the BETA link at GitHub. Test help is welcome

Last edited by Baertram : 10/07/22 at 02:39 AM.
10/07/22, 03:21 AM   #3
Baxpowa
Thanks for the detailed response Baertram really appreciate it! I will check out the Wishlist beta.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Marking desired sets (not individual pieces)