07/13/21, 02:00 PM   #1
Vaddi
[open] Event_companion_skill_rank_update

EVENT_COMPANION_SKILL_RANK_UPDATE will sometimes report a skill line update that is false. It happens when swapping companions. It doesn't always happen. When it bugs it happens like this:
1) I have Bastion up. He is sword/shield with heavy armor (all fully trained). He has never used a bow or worn medium armor.
2) I swap to Mirri. She is trained in bow and medium armor (all fully trained). She is wearing all medium armor and holding a bow.
3) Killing stuff (Mirri still up) causes EVENT_COMPANION_SKILL_RANK_UPDATE to trigger and report either sword/shield rank up or heavy armor rank up. More kills can cause further rank up to be reported. However when checking Mirri she still has no knowledge or advancement of sword/shield or heavy armor whichever one is being reported.

Starting with Mirri (bow/medium) and swapping to Bastion (shield/heavy) can cause reports of bow or medium armor rank up. Again; it isn't really happening.

I tried using GetCompanionSkillLineDynamicInfo(skillLineId) to filter out the false information. However; when this happens it reports the same false rank values.
08/29/21, 08:30 AM   #2
Vaddi
I was hoping this bug would be squashed in Waking Flame; but it is still there.
08/29/21, 09:41 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe this is not a bug but just normal? Considering that you need to unlock the skill lines before they will actually level the events still might fire before?
Perhaps you need to also check if the skill line is already "enabled" and else ignore the events.
08/29/21, 12:35 PM   #4
votan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
COMPANION_SKILLS_DATA_MANAGER handles everything. Try to use the callbacks.

Last edited by votan : 08/29/21 at 12:38 PM.
08/30/21, 10:21 AM   #5
Vaddi
Originally Posted by votan View Post
COMPANION_SKILLS_DATA_MANAGER handles everything. Try to use the callbacks.
Thanks Votan; I'll take a look at it.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [open] Event_companion_skill_rank_update