05/04/22, 01:13 AM   #1
Sethz
[Search] Addon to search for specific text in Addon settings

Hi there,

don't know if this exists.
I'm kinda addon addicted and find them so useful got a lot of these from those great creators.

Currently sitting on 68 addons (libraries not counted).

Some addons though have similar functions (where I only want to activate a specific function only in one of them) or so many that I tend to forget where to find what.

A text search field in the settings -> addons view would be perfect for that.

Kind regards

Sethz
05/04/22, 01:54 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is not easly doable afaik as you only got access to the different LAM (LibAddonMenu) panels if you click them -> activate them.
Some controls are not even created before you do that the 1st time. So you'd have to click all at least once and even then submenus and controls in them etc. are not directly created.
And changing this, for obvious reasons, would be a mess in terms or performance.

Most addons got language files ain a /lang or /i18n or similar subfolders, named de.lua, en.lua etc. for the different languags.
You can use a windows search or use the free editor Notepad++ to search in a whole folder, which may help you as the strings used in the setings often are in those language files. Else they will be hardcoded in any other lua file, like a settings.lua or menu.lua file.
Search for LibAddonMenu2 e.g. to find the usage of the libary, and normally you will find the settings menu structures "near".
I know, not an easy way to do it but maybe it helps.

Last edited by Baertram : 05/04/22 at 01:57 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Search] Addon to search for specific text in Addon settings