10/06/14, 10:22 PM   #1
Argusus
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter' error

Hello,

i'm getting the message below. i'm trying to mimic the ScrollListExample. my data is displaying but the sort doesn't work. is there any simple things to double check for this error?

Code:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter'
	11557962843809674184:3: in function '(main chunk)'
10/07/14, 08:45 AM   #2
Garkin

Originally Posted by skobyjay View Post
Hello,

i'm getting the message below. i'm trying to mimic the ScrollListExample. my data is displaying but the sort doesn't work. is there any simple things to double check for this error?

Code:
EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortHeaderGroup/ZO_SortHeaderGroup.lua:264: in function 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter'
	11557962843809674184:3: in function '(main chunk)'
Original code of Scroll List Example works, so what chages did you do?

ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter(control) function expects that control exists and control must have ZO_SortHeaderGroup object in the control.sortHeaderGroup key. Basically if header is properly initialized it works.
10/07/14, 09:18 AM   #3
Argusus
I will look at my initialization again this evening. I'm basically showing the same information as your example. Only I added a few new fields like veteran rank and location to the list. I started with a new file so I probably have mistyped something along the way.
10/07/14, 08:29 PM   #4
Argusus
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
Original code of Scroll List Example works, so what chages did you do?

ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter(control) function expects that control exists and control must have ZO_SortHeaderGroup object in the control.sortHeaderGroup key. Basically if header is properly initialized it works.
my list is on the right and the scrolllistexample is on the left, it looks like i'm not getting the "dataEntry" object automatically added to my data objects...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	418
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	487  
10/07/14, 08:59 PM   #5
Garkin

Originally Posted by skobyjay View Post
my list is on the right and the scrolllistexample is on the left, it looks like i'm not getting the "dataEntry" object automatically added to my data objects...
Key "dataEntry" is created by ZO_ScrollList_CreateDataEntry(typeId, data, categoryId).
This function is called in the UnitList:FilterScrollList(). By the way even if you don't see in the code where FilterScollList() method is used, it is still necessary. It is called every time when you refresh data using the UnitList:Refresh() - from the ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshData().
10/07/14, 09:27 PM   #6
Argusus
Key "dataEntry" is created by ZO_ScrollList_CreateDataEntry(typeId, data, categoryId).
This function is called in the UnitList:FilterScrollList(). By the way even if you don't see in the code where FilterScollList() method is used, it is still necessary. It is called every time when you refresh data using the UnitList:Refresh() - from the ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshData().
okay. i have that code in place. maybe its related to the "CustomerList" I have being "global" unlike UnitList.
10/07/14, 09:32 PM   #7
Argusus
i'm also noticing my "FilterScrollList" event isn't firing as well. i'm not able to output debug messages from those events. (unlike I can in ScrollListexample)
10/08/14, 07:50 AM   #8
Argusus
I ended up just starting from scratch and everything works now. I wasn't able to do a file difference comparison. But it works now!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » 'ZO_SortHeader_OnMouseEnter' error