11/04/14, 01:42 PM   #1
Blade
Zolan JunkHandler add-on

Was wondering if this add-on was gunna get updated. Its my favorite add-on and at the moment its broken thanks to Zemimax's update. Also would LOVE to see an option added to that add-on that would auto destroy all white armor & weapons that are 0 value. I dont think the maker of this add-on is still around. Hope like hell I'm wrong though.
11/04/14, 03:01 PM   #2
Harven

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey Blade,
what is the error you're getting? I'm maintaining this addon but unfortunately my sub is over and I can't renew it right now. But with a help from some tester I could fix it.
11/05/14, 09:05 AM   #3
Blade
Originally Posted by Harven View Post
Hey Blade,
what is the error you're getting? I'm maintaining this addon but unfortunately my sub is over and I can't renew it right now. But with a help from some tester I could fix it.
OMG...you are awesome man! I cant live without Zolan's Junk Handler! If you can and it aint to much of a hassle I would like to make a request for this add-on. Would be the cats meow if you could add an option to automatically destroy white armor and weapons that are of 0 value! Those things are so annoying! If you cant I understand I'm just seriously happy that you are gunna update this add-on.

Took some pics to show you what I'm seeing in the game. See below.

11/05/14, 10:50 AM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I cant live without Zolan's Junk Handler!
just fyi - there is at least two addons with a lot of additional features, then this
1. Circonians JunkIt Loot Manager (it more like big suit with hundred options, very usefull for me)
2. Dustman

Last edited by QuadroTony : 11/05/14 at 11:04 AM.
11/05/14, 12:24 PM   #5
Blade
Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
just fyi - there is at least two addons with a lot of additional features, then this
1. Circonians JunkIt Loot Manager (it more like big suit with hundred options, very usefull for me)
2. Dustman
Yeah, I have tried Circonians JunkIt Loot Manager and didnt like it. For me Zolan JunkHandler is awesome. It has all the features that I like sept for automatically destroying white armor & weapons that have 0 value. But I can live without that feature. Zolan JunkHandler allows you to mark the worthless stuff to be destroyed and permanently remembers your choices. Has all the options that I need and like in a very simple to use add-on. Not putting down the other junk handler add-on's but they are just not my flavor is all. Plus I have most every thing in the game that I consider junk saved on Zolan JunkHandler. Would rather not start over from scratch. Thank you very much for the info though!

Cheers
11/08/14, 09:59 AM   #6
Blade
Anybody going to update this and if so could I please ask how long till you get it updated? Thanks for your help in advance!

Been really suffering since 1.5 update!

PS Could somebody offer to help Harven to fix Zolan's Junk Handler? Would like to make a request to add the option to auto destroy all white armor & weapons with a value of 0. Me love you long time for this!!!

Last edited by Blade : 11/08/14 at 10:03 AM.
11/08/14, 04:47 PM   #7
elffromspace

I believe the error is in the menu. This add on is dependent on LibAddonMenu, and without that working, nothing is working. I'm so very distraught, I LOVE this add on and I've spent the last 4 days testing and trying other junk handlers. The only other one that works is confusing and didn't work.

Hope this helps. This is the error message i get after turning off most of my other add-ons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zolan-error.jpg
Views:	24795
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	502  
11/08/14, 04:51 PM   #8
elffromspace

Here's another screenshot showing the menu that isn't loading.

I did already try installing LibAddonMenu as was suggested to me by a friend, but it didn't change anything with Zolan's Addon.

Please help me! I don't even know how to play without this addon cutting my inventory cleaning time in HALF!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zolan-menu.jpg
Views:	24947
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	503  
11/08/14, 05:13 PM   #9
elffromspace

Work Around

YAY! I used the LibAddonMenu from garkin's signature, in the comments on the add on and it's WORKING!

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/filei...d=285#comments
11/08/14, 05:15 PM   #10
elffromspace

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
2. Dustman
I spent over a half hour sorting through the COMPLICATED menu for CIrconian's. I just couldn't figure most of it out, and it never successfully marked even one simple ecctoplasm in my inventory as junk. I'm going back to Zolan's. It has a menu that makes sense and efficiently does everything I need.
11/08/14, 05:19 PM   #11
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by elffromspace View Post
never successfully marked even one simple ecctoplasm in my inventory as junk.
marked as junk everytime perfect. Ectoplasm too
so junkit just too complicated for you, thats all
for me its easy as pie, because i can use my brain to setup different things
11/08/14, 05:34 PM   #12
circonian
I spent over a half hour sorting through the COMPLICATED menu for CIrconian's. I just couldn't figure most of it out, and it never successfully marked even one simple ecctoplasm in my inventory as junk. I'm going back to Zolan's. It has a menu that makes sense and efficiently does everything I need.
Sorry to hear you had trouble with JunkIt & if you like zolans better I'm glad you got it working, but all you do is turn the junk filters ON or OFF. Ectoplasm is a trash item so you just turn on the trash junk filter for it:

Looking at zolans I see the main addon page says: "It will also periodically scan your bags for junk (enabled by default) in case, due to a crash or any other number of bugs in the game, it forgets that things were marked as junk."

JunkIt does not mark items in your inventory as junk. It marks items you PICK UP as junk (or not depending on the filters). It does not effect items already in your inventory. Maybe that was what was confusing you.

Last edited by circonian : 11/08/14 at 05:37 PM.
11/08/14, 06:30 PM   #13
elffromspace

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
Sorry to hear you had trouble with JunkIt & if you like zolans better I'm glad you got it working, but all you do is turn the junk filters ON or OFF. Ectoplasm is a trash item so you just turn on the trash junk filter for it:

Looking at zolans I see the main addon page says: "It will also periodically scan your bags for junk (enabled by default) in case, due to a crash or any other number of bugs in the game, it forgets that things were marked as junk."

JunkIt does not mark items in your inventory as junk. It marks items you PICK UP as junk (or not depending on the filters). It does not effect items already in your inventory. Maybe that was what was confusing you.
That may have made it a lot harder to test. I spent almost an hour NOT playing my game and fighting with the add on. I was also looking for where I could set which characters it tracking traits on. I don't WANT it to track my traits on every single character that has ever leveled crafting. If the option is there in the menu, I couldn't locate it. So it ended up throwing a whole lot of cluttery icons on every traited item in my inventory.

What I like about Zolan's is that it lets me mark icky food as junk, it marks vendor trash as junk and it auto sells that stuff whenever I visit a merchant. I do wish I could trust the handler to filter world drop potions from ones I made and want to keep.

I'm sure circonian's may work better for some players, but I would really suggest you try to make it more intuitive. If it were easier to configure, it might replace the research assistant add on also
11/08/14, 07:07 PM   #14
circonian
That may have made it a lot harder to test. I spent almost an hour NOT playing my game and fighting with the add on. I was also looking for where I could set which characters it tracking traits on. I don't WANT it to track my traits on every single character that has ever leveled crafting. If the option is there in the menu, I couldn't locate it. So it ended up throwing a whole lot of cluttery icons on every traited item in my inventory.

What I like about Zolan's is that it lets me mark icky food as junk, it marks vendor trash as junk and it auto sells that stuff whenever I visit a merchant. I do wish I could trust the handler to filter world drop potions from ones I made and want to keep.

I'm sure circonian's may work better for some players, but I would really suggest you try to make it more intuitive. If it were easier to configure, it might replace the research assistant add on also

For researchable items (traits) you want to KEEP, it is under the KEEP Filters submenu. If you don't want to track researchable items for a character you just turn them off:

If you want to KEEP researchable items (or not) that are needed for research by other characters (the ones you are not currently playing) Turn it's filter ON/OFF:

As for the Icons, if you dont want to see them just turn them off:

Trash Items filter is under the Other Items category because it doesn't belong to any other specific broader category like blacksmithing or anything like that:

The Auto-Sell Junk & Auto-Repair are at the very top of the settings menu when you open it:
11/08/14, 07:18 PM   #15
circonian
I should also say I'm always open to suggestions. If you have any suggestions on how to clarify it more let me know, how the settings menu should be organized, what filters should be called (if you think they are missleading) or have any feature requests. I've added every single feature thats been requested & changed stuff due to suggestions from users...all you have to do is ask.
11/09/14, 08:29 AM   #16
elffromspace

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
I should also say I'm always open to suggestions. If you have any suggestions on how to clarify it more let me know, how the settings menu should be organized, what filters should be called (if you think they are missleading) or have any feature requests. I've added every single feature thats been requested & changed stuff due to suggestions from users...all you have to do is ask.
Thread probably better to move to your add on. But I found it much easier to understand Research Assistant which had a drop down with all the names allowing me to chose which characters I wanted. It never occurred to me that I'd have to load each character one by one to configure which are being tracked. It looks like your add on has most of what I want, I was just frustrated by add ons not working and not being able to figure yours out since it didn't behave how I expected. I may have even had the copy with the error, that I saw mentioned in your notes.
11/09/14, 10:44 AM   #17
circonian
Thread probably better to move to your add on. But I found it much easier to understand Research Assistant which had a drop down with all the names allowing me to chose which characters I wanted. It never occurred to me that I'd have to load each character one by one to configure which are being tracked. It looks like your add on has most of what I want, I was just frustrated by add ons not working and not being able to figure yours out since it didn't behave how I expected. I may have even had the copy with the error, that I saw mentioned in your notes.
This forum is for addon support, nothing wrong with this being here.

No addon can know about other characters until you log them in. Research assistant is no acception. You had to "load each character one by one to configure which are being tracked" for that addon, same as mine.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Zolan JunkHandler add-on