09/15/15, 08:38 AM   #21
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post
Well I had hoped that today's patch might have helped resolve whatever has changed but apparently not.

I didn't patch until about 5PM CST and then logged in. First few logins did not have any 999+ ping or lock but by the 3rd Alt-Char for Hireling mails, the ping and locks returned.

As before once cleared the game is completely playable even with lower FPS with addons activated.

BUT, I logged out for dinner around 7:30 PM and I have not been able to get character load since then, now 11PM.

The load wheel churns for a bit and looks like its about to give that last chunky turn right before char load-in but then stops and never moves again. I can see my Cable Router rapid pinging trying to sync with the server but then kick to game login screen with either "Unknown Error" or "Server 'bad' try again later".

As before if I uninstall ALL addons I can get back in without fail. I don't know what changed between logging out for dinner (1hr maybe) but I'm done for the night.

They fixed something today on PC and Console EU, with emergency resets prior to patches, maybe they need to do that to NA PC as well.
Whatever they did to EU they allready did to NA yesterday.
09/15/15, 08:45 AM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You mean reboot the server as we were in our fight with the last boss and got him down to 12%...
I hope it fixed some issues and the performance and loading screens changed back to normal again. Took me 8 minutes! to get into a dungeon yesterday!
09/15/15, 03:52 PM   #23
Sorondor
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
57MB is a pretty large amount of saved variable storage. We have an improvement in the works to increase the performance of saved variable write out by 3 or 4 times which should help with that (this would impact /reloadui and logout times).

Do you see significant FPS differences when you have all of your addons on and all of your addons off? We tried installing 10 of the most popular addons internally on a live build including minimap and only saw a 1-2 FPS difference between having them all on and all off.
Glad to hear there's something in work regarding client performance. Ever since the last major patch I've experienced a 75-96% increase (yes, I used a stopwatch to get precise data) in login/zoning times, an overall hit to FPS (which I understand shouldn't be related to saved variable write out) and a perceptible hit to logout (which is likely saved variable related).

My login/zoning and FPS testing was conducted with zero addons and the entire Addons folder removed. The logout performance isn't degraded to the point where I did precise testing. I do experience more of a FPS hit with addons loaded, but not to the extent that others are reporting. Hopefully ZOS keeps looking to improve all aspects of client performance.
10/01/15, 01:04 PM   #24
Sp00sty
UPDATE:

Well today's server maintenance changed something.

I can now log in without an immediate 999+ ping, but starting yesterday afternoon (AM was fine) til last night and still after maintenance I have to turn off the following addons just to get into character load without a kick out to login screen:

AUI
Minimap
Destinations
HarvestMap
Lorebooks
LostTreasure
MapFix
Skyshards

I have not started trying to put them back in individually yet or starting with one-by-one single load.

I'll post back when I do.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » 1.7 FPS and loading screen death - ZOS says all addons fault?