Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
08/26/19, 03:59 AM   #1
Keldor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Saved Variabels data is written on loading screens

Hello everybody,

I have just noticed a problem with the SavedVariables in my ESODB addon that has been reported to me by many users, but that I was never able to reproduce the problem until now.

It doesn't always happen. Now it happened quite often that the SavedVariables data were written in a loading screen. E.g. from the teleport from Daggerfall to Wayrest. What's interesting about this is that I was playing ESO with my girlfriend and the problem happened to both of us at the same time.

In my Addon Manifest I set DisableSavedVariablesAutoSaving 1.

The problem is that the ESODB export is working with the timestamps of the session. If a game session starts the timestamp are written to the SavedVariables and all stats of the session are assigned to this timestamp. If the data with this timestamp has processed by the ESODB API only data with newer timestamps are allowed for uploading to prevent the upload of old data. But when the SavedVariables data are written to the file without logging out or do a /reloadui all data collected form this point is lost.

Is this a bug or is this a deliberate behaviour? When it is not a bug, is there any way to notice the write out of the data to create a new timestamp?

Regards
Keldor

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Saved Variabels data is written on loading screens