09/06/15, 08:40 AM   #1
FreddyJ
Addon Manager

OK, I'm really frustrated so I apologize if I sound a little peeved.

I've been gaming for over 30 years, installing, uninstalling games, addons, etc., etc. Been running Curse on WoW since day 1, so I figured installing the beta program to keep your addons up-to-date isn't going to be a problem.

So, after downloading it and all that, I run the program and on page 1 I get the standard name and password request. Put that in and hit register.

Very next page, need to enter name and password - again. Can't you combine this on one page?
Finally found the icon for the program - wouldn't it be nice to have the program ask me if I want a shortcut - somewhere.

So, got all that done, and I'm running the program. It's loading GameConfig for ESO; ESO Categories; and ESO Addons. 15 minutes later, I'm still here watching the blue icon move back and forth in the black bar. I stop the program, exit, and start all over again. And we're back to watching the little blue bar move back and forth, etc. This time, I'm not waiting 15 minutes, I give it six minutes, and still nothing. Oh, I did run the game twice, and it's in the folder that is recommended when the game installs itself. I don't change anything to put it in some weird place where you can't find it.

I'm wondering if Curse handles ESO since it handles a lot of other games.

Needless to say, this beta program is going to be uninstalled and I'll play ESO without addons.
09/06/15, 08:46 AM   #2
Wandamey
you can install addons manually by unzipping them in your folder documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live(eu)/AddOns too

live(eu) means "live" for NA, "liveeu" for EU depending on where you play.
09/06/15, 09:57 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
what addon mabager you talking about? because Curse is **** with TESO, and outdated
09/06/15, 10:14 AM   #4
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might I suggest my addon manager?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1175-ESOManager.html

I'm about to create another update for the new distant foliage setting in UserSettings. It's a really basic and easy to use Addon manager and Settings editor. I've personally been using it since beta because I hated opening documents and going to addons folder and manually extracting them. With this it uses zipfile function in .NET framework 4.5+ to auotmatically extract files to the addon location. It also creates physical backups of your addons since it does not use ESOUI's api to download addons (as it's private).
09/06/15, 10:51 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi FreddyJ,

Are you on windows or mac? I would like to get the log & config file Minion created from you so I can see what happened. Let me know what platform you're on and I can tell you how to get to it.

Thanks.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Addon Manager