05/25/19, 02:45 AM   #1
omuyasha

[Request] Necromancer Skill lock outside of fight

Every now and then I have a tendency to use one of my necromancer skills, whether it was by accident or just fooling around in towns and then I get the guards on me chasing me down and taking my gold. Is there anyway you can make an add-on that somehow locks the skills that are considered criminal acts when outside of a fight so that the only time you can use them is when you are in a fight? Because it can be a bit of a pain trying to remember not to use skills around the towns and accidentally using them.
05/25/19, 04:14 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think the keybinds are always active even if the action bar is invisible or you would disable the action bar itsself.
So the only way it would work is like removing the skills from the abrs which will get you in trouble as the fights start. Because in fight you cannot change the skills anymore so this would give you an half empty action bar.
So for now I'd say: No, there is no good way.
Except using a skill/gear manager like AlphaGear 2 e.g. and change the total skill bars in a city to something "guards friendly" and back if you leave the city.
05/26/19, 03:20 PM   #3
omuyasha

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I think the keybinds are always active even if the action bar is invisible or you would disable the action bar itsself.
So the only way it would work is like removing the skills from the abrs which will get you in trouble as the fights start. Because in fight you cannot change the skills anymore so this would give you an half empty action bar.
So for now I'd say: No, there is no good way.
Except using a skill/gear manager like AlphaGear 2 e.g. and change the total skill bars in a city to something "guards friendly" and back if you leave the city.
Yeah you have point there. I just thought that since they have a "No Stealing" add-on (which allows you to steal only when crouching), they could make it similar to that but with the necromancer criminal skills.
05/26/19, 03:59 PM   #4
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's an interaction block; blocking skill bar keybindings would be quite different.
09/22/19, 04:59 AM   #5
Noxifer
Late to the party, so to speak, but for anyone checking the forums for this still, there is now an addon that unbinds keybindings for law-breaking necromancer skills. It's not perfect, of course (as it unbinds those keybinds for both front- and backbar, and doesn't discriminate between 'peaceful' areas like cities or villages and all other overland content), but it's an alternative to consider.

Lawful Necromancy

Edit: Oh, and one that works even better. NoAccidentalStealing (+no accidental casting)
"This addon can also block you from casting criminal necromancer abilities while out of combat. To cast criminal abilities while out of combat you must hold the key for a certain duration (the duration can be set in the addon's settings)."

Last edited by Noxifer : 09/22/19 at 08:50 AM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Necromancer Skill lock outside of fight