07/13/15, 05:36 AM   #1
hirostar1221
Best tweaks for making ESO look it's best?

Hey all,

I'm a huge Graphics whore and love my games to look gorgeous when I play. ESO looks pretty good on it's own but it could use some help in my opinion so I've been messing with stuff like SweetFX+ReShade but only through presets on the .thelazy site. Some look a lot better but still feel lackluster or just missing something.

On to my question: Does anyone know any tips, tricks, suggestions, etc. on how to make ESO look it's best? I'm looking for tutorials as well so I can make presets myself and find how I prefer it. Just not finding anything either that great in explaining it or it being extremely old. All is appreciated. Thanks.
07/13/15, 05:18 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've read about upsampling the images in the nvidia (if you use a nvidia graphics card) control panel.
Lile showing a 2560xxxx resolution on a full hdmi 1920x1200 monitor.
It should help with some edges, smoother graphics, etc. But it maybe also kill your fps.
07/13/15, 08:40 PM   #3
Sasky
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I've read about upsampling the images in the nvidia (if you use a nvidia graphics card) control panel.
Lile showing a 2560xxxx resolution on a full hdmi 1920x1200 monitor.
It should help with some edges, smoother graphics, etc. But it maybe also kill your fps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersampling ?
Of course, better yet is getting a 4K display with a step down in AA, as you directly display more of the pixels.

I haven't looked at SweetFX/Reshade much at all, but a large part of the operations it does are from fairly established CG theory. So even guides a few years old should be fine for helping you with the terminology, how the different aspects behave, etc. Add into it a lot of the adjustments can be a matter of personal taste, like blurring, saturation amount, etc.
07/14/15, 07:31 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Oh sorry, it wasn't upsampling but downsampling.
Here is a youtube video that describes the steps to do. You can find many other information in the web about it benefits and problems too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBVgyziMSbE

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Best tweaks for making ESO look it's best?