09/06/19, 04:52 PM   #1
Snuttle
No Sound, no musik

I can't get neither sound nor music to work in ESO. It works all fine in the normal windows and other applications. I can her the start sounds when the game starts. But nothing in the game play or login screen.
09/06/19, 05:01 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Disable all addons. Is it working then?

Are you able to change the sound settings in the menu of the game, and does it help?

Did you recently install any sound drivers? If not try to update them.
09/06/19, 09:51 PM   #3
Snuttle
My PC in general does not really like ESO I have with everything issues. I even cleaned, formatted and re-installed windows a couple of months ago. But the launcher still has issues with all patches. EVERY time it needs to be repaired.

I will try your suggestions.
09/07/19, 04:41 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hm, try to start the launcher and the game eso64.exe in administrator mode (right click, properties, always run as admin).
And add the executables to your whitelist of anti virus and firewalls.

Does this happen to other games or software as well? Try to use a RAM scanner software to check if your RAM is not damaged. I had these kind of problems once and one of the 4 RAM slots was damaged somehow. But this should be noticeable in loss of data and corrupt files all over your system, not only in ESO.
09/08/19, 09:37 AM   #5
Snuttle
So I tried all of the above. I even went in and "repaired" the game.

Another issue I have is that the repair process can never be verified 100% it always (literally always) get stuck at remaining 9115 MB

I think I just have to live with these issues. That is quite sad. I can't enjoy the story as others
09/08/19, 11:34 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Another idea:
This sounds like a broken harddive or something like this then if the repair process also get's stuck.
Did you check your harddrive where the game is installed for bad sectors or errors already?

Or it's a windows issue, could be sooo much...
11/15/19, 02:16 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
SOunds like a driver problem then or something ingame has set the sound volume to 0 during gameplay. Maybe another software or sound related software you got installed. Try to alt+tab back to desktop and check if the sound slider for ESO is set to maximum and if the active sound harware is your soundcard + boxes / headset, and not any monitor (which got no boxes attached currently).
Sometimes nvidia drivers e.g. install HDMI audio drivers and the the active sound card is the monitor then all of sudden instead of your boxes/headset.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » No Sound, no musik