10/12/19, 03:52 AM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Show "pending update" graphic next to addon name at addon's page

This would be just a "nice 2 have" idea, if it is implementable easily.

At the addon's page:
Could you maybe change the graphic behind the addon name to "Pending update" or something similar if the addon is currently in the pending update state?

Minion was showing the addon as updated but it is still pending.
I thought the user forgot to change the txt file's version properly.
If I click the download button on the addon'S page I see this information in a popup:
The latest version of this file is currently awaiting approval from a file admin. You can download a previous (older) version from the archive.
10/13/19, 06:00 PM   #2
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This would be just a "nice 2 have" idea, if it is implementable easily.

At the addon's page:
Could you maybe change the graphic behind the addon name to "Pending update" or something similar if the addon is currently in the pending update state?

Minion was showing the addon as updated but it is still pending.
I thought the user forgot to change the txt file's version properly.
If I click the download button on the addon'S page I see this information in a popup:
based on the reasonnable idea that if an addon is waiting for an update, it is because the precedent version has probably a bug or needed a change due for ZOS or simply is better, i always wondered why you would refer us to download the old one.

May be you could propose the old one BUT remind and insist to the player that it will have to update it anyway ? I know people who downloaded the old one and as it was working for them, never updated until they got some trouble.
10/14/19, 01:11 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I can't follow you here:
The old one is clearly shown as an old one in the download list of that popup, if you use the EOSUI website.
Users should just read then and wait for the update to be acknowledged
They are always able to use the file list of the addons to download even versions from 1 year ago so this was always a manual decision, no matter if it makes sense or not

Minion3 is just buggy and shows the old one as update but it cannot do it until it was acknowledged. So it does nothing.
Minion4 will fix this.
10/14/19, 05:03 AM   #4
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I can't follow you here:
The old one is clearly shown as an old one in the download list of that popup, if you use the EOSUI website.
Users should just read then and wait for the update to be acknowledged
They are always able to use the file list of the addons to download even versions from 1 year ago so this was always a manual decision, no matter if it makes sense or not

Minion3 is just buggy and shows the old one as update but it cannot do it until it was acknowledged. So it does nothing.
Minion4 will fix this.
I am not sur i would even follow myself. :P sometimes i should thought more before typing :P

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Show "pending update" graphic next to addon name at addon's page