08/20/18, 04:40 PM   #21
Zylith
all you have to do is create a text file in the AddOns folder called AddOns.txt leave it blank but minion looks for that file in the log. Hope it helps
09/09/18, 04:30 AM   #22
djeki
I also had this problem in Windows 10 and had only one blank field in the program. The program must be started as an administrator. Then it works correctly.
12/10/18, 01:49 PM   #23
Sammica
Doesnt work

I have ESO installed through steam, cant find the addon folder anywhere on my drive. I tried looking in the Documents folder that was mentioned in this thread, not there, not in the steam's ESO folder anywhere. So minion cant find it even with turning it to 6 and I cant manually add it because i cant find it lol.
12/10/18, 02:24 PM   #24
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try to copy the following command into your start menu:
Code:
explorer /e,::{FDD39AD0-238F-46AF-ADB4-6C85480369C7}
This should open a new explorer window in the documents folder which contains the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder. When you right-click on it and select properties, it should show you the correct path.
12/10/18, 02:42 PM   #25
Sammica
Thank you so much! that worked!
01/21/19, 02:05 PM   #26
brassrod
I've tried all these recommendations. Unfortunately I can't use minion at all. I have a rather complex home network and my PC is a member of a Windows domain. Does it not account for the change in path for domain joined machines?

Domain joined machines use for example:

C:\Users\username.domain\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

if I manually download the addon and place it in the directory it works fine.

From the logs:

DEBUG 2019-01-21 13:07:44,174 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(333): interrogating TOC: C:\Users\user.domain\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14\VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14.txt
DEBUG 2019-01-21 13:07:44,175 [Thread-17] gg.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService:interrogateDirs(380): Toc not found for: C:\Users\user.domain\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14\VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14.txt
DEBUG 2019-01-21 13:07:44,176 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.util.ProgressManager:lambda$null$1(37): Adding GamInstall ''ESO-1'' to ProgressManager.

Last edited by brassrod : 01/21/19 at 02:10 PM.
01/21/19, 03:48 PM   #27
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This folder is wrong:
Code:
AddOns\VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14
Did you maybe download and extract the file manually and thus the ZIP name was "VotansMiniMap_v1.4.14.zip" and the folder was created this way?

Remove it as Minion tries to read the txt file, which does not exist, and then hangs!
The folder must be only "AddOns\VotansMiniMap"
10/11/19, 10:48 PM   #28
Batucada
Minion not recognizing ESO addons

When I check Minion, it says I have no addons for ESO. ESO shows the addons and they work fine. How can I correct this so I can update addons as needed?
10/12/19, 03:44 AM   #29
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Did you read the sticky forum post about Minion troubleshooting?
If not, please do so and follow the steps there.

In addition:
-Set in Minion's settings (gear icon at top right corner) has set the scan depth to higher subfolder level.
-Disable Microsoft OneDrive or move documents folder from OneDrive back to normal C:\users\windows user name folder
01/01/20, 03:22 PM   #30
Elysida
I was having this trouble as well so I analyzed the issue on my PC. I am running Windows 10 Enterprise (1809) and I did the default install of both Minion and ESO. When I found where ESO had placed the addon folder it is not in the location specified in the information you have posted. For my install it is here:
C:\Users\Home\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

I could not get Minions to accept that location no matter how many times I followed the instructions here to delete the minion file and run it as admin.

After some additional trouble shooting I got it to work by using these steps:

1) Close ESO and Minion
2) Manually download one mod (I used Map Pins because it is a simple install
a) Create a folder in the AddIns Directory named appropriate for the mod you have (for Map Pins the folder should be called MapPins)
b) Copy all of the files in the zip folder into the MapPins folder
3) Delete the minion.xml file (Mine was located in C:\Users\Home\.minion folder)
4) Start ESO and log in. Make sure that the Map Pins Add on is showing in the Add Ons section of ESO and it has a check mark to the left indicating that it is to be loaded. Select a character and press play. (This creates the AddOnSettings.txt file in the AddOns folder.
5) Close ESO
6) Start Minion and stop when it asks you to search for ESO or Warcraft.
7) Use the gear icon in the top right of the minion screen to go to settings.
8) On the folder Depth section set this to a value several greater than the number of folder names in the path to your AddOns folder (I used 10 even though my explorer only shows I had 6 folder names. It would not work with it set at 6). Save the settings and it will take you back to the search screen.
9) I then allowed Minion to use the default settings and agreed to continue on each screen.

Minion then detected my ESO install and found the Map Pins files. It works fine for me now. Some of the steps above may not be necessary but this is what worked for me.

Last edited by Elysida : 01/01/20 at 03:26 PM.
05/23/20, 05:45 PM   #31
Kronn8
After I changed the search depth to 6 and closed the ESO launcher, it was able to detect my Addon directory.
05/28/20, 06:44 PM   #32
spooky
Originally Posted by chronos1981 View Post
Run it as admin worked for me.
This worked for me.
05/28/20, 08:12 PM   #33
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Just in case you did not see it:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Each forum got (or can have) sticky threads and posts at the top.
Search there first if you look for answers to re-occuring problems, or at least problems that might others got as well.
06/21/21, 05:39 PM   #34
HypnoticJustice
Had this issue, fixed it by going into the AddOns folder and creating a blank txt file named "AddOns". Afterwards go into Minion and

1. Go into settings
2. Locate "Game Scan Depth"
3. Slide it to 6
4. Scroll up and press "Reset AddOn detection"
5. Close out of Minion.
6. Restart.

It found all my manually installed mods about 20 seconds after launching the client back up.
09/27/21, 10:03 PM   #35
lettuce41
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Manually install 1 addon by downloading it here, put it into the addons folder.
Check the addons FAQ/Help here in the forum to see where and how: http://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php?...em#faq_install

Restart Minion and select the addon folder again. Does it work now?
This fixed it for me!
12/19/21, 01:15 PM   #36
bnclrk
I tried several of the fixes here and none worked. Then started thinking maybe Minion didn't have the rights it needed to write to directories...

Ran Minion as Administrator and it found my ESO Addons folder without issue.
12/19/21, 02:46 PM   #37
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by bnclrk View Post
I tried several of the fixes here and none worked. Then started thinking maybe Minion didn't have the rights it needed to write to directories...

Ran Minion as Administrator and it found my ESO Addons folder without issue.

For the ones posting "started as admin helped", read the link and you will get help

Just in case you did not see it:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

Each forum got (or can have) sticky threads and posts at the top.
Search there first if you look for answers to re-occuring problems, or at least problems that might others got as well.
02/12/22, 04:25 AM   #38
OldManJC
Minion not detecting ESO AddOns folder

I've tried everything listed in troubleshooting and everything I can think of and I still cannot get Minion to detect my game AddOns folder. I have manually tried adding it, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've deleted the xml file, and nothing. Please advise. The xml and log files are in Users/name/.minion instead of Users/Name/AppData/Local/Minion/ Not sure if that matters
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.1 KB, 415 views)
File Type: log minion.log (6.8 KB, 365 views)
02/12/22, 09:19 AM   #39
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It says in the log files you have added E:\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ as your addons folder.
This looks like the wrong folder.

Uninstall Minion.
Delete Minion install folder (C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Minion\) and your c:\users\xx\.minion folder
Download Minion 32bit version
Install NOT to the default folder but use any other folder like d:\Minion or e:\Minion
Add this install folder of Minion to your antivirus (Windows defender, Avira, Avast, Norton, whatever you use) whitelist/exclusion list/allowed list/whatever they name it.
Start Minion
Wait until update patch info popup shows.
Let it update to the newest version and restart Minion.
Choose your correct game's addons folder! It's not the game INSTALL folder but most probabyl c:\users\xx\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
Read here https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install or here https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858 how to detect it (via the ingame screenshot e.g.).
Let Minion scan that folder and wait up to 5 minutes.
If Minion does not show anything in it's list, close it.
Start it again and wait ~3 minutes.
If nothing is shown close and restart.
Repeat up to 5 times and it should update then properly.

If not I'm lost and got no further advice sorry.
02/12/22, 09:30 AM   #40
OldManJC
It started working

It says in the log files you have added E:\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ as your addons folder.
This looks like the wrong folder.

Uninstall Minion.
Delete Minion install folder (C:\Users\xx\AppData\Local\Minion\) and your c:\users\xx\.minion folder
Download Minion 32bit version
Install NOT to the default folder but use any other folder like d:\Minion or e:\Minion
Add this install folder of Minion to your antivirus (Windows defender, Avira, Avast, Norton, whatever you use) whitelist/exclusion list/allowed list/whatever they name it.
Start Minion
Wait until update patch info popup shows.
Let it update to the newest version and restart Minion.
Choose your correct game's addons folder! It's not the game INSTALL folder but most probabyl c:\users\xx\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns
Read here https://www.esoui.com/forums/faq.php..._howto_install or here https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858 how to detect it (via the ingame screenshot e.g.).
Let Minion scan that folder and wait up to 5 minutes.
If Minion does not show anything in it's list, close it.
Start it again and wait ~3 minutes.
If nothing is shown close and restart.
Repeat up to 5 times and it should update then properly.

If not I'm lost and got no further advice sorry.
After trying differnet things for over an hour, I went to bed. I got up and now it is working. Thanks for your efforts.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion not detecting my ESO Addon directory