07/16/14, 05:05 PM   #1
andy.s
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Group leader icon

In big pvp raids it is really hard for all group members to quickly find a group leader and follow him, especially if there are 30 ppl in a group involed in a fight. Voice chat doesn't solve the problem completely. The best option is to don't announce everytime where to go, all just stack near a leader and follow him

SO is there any way to display only the group leader icon on screen? There is a setting to hide all group markers, but it also hides a leader...

It would be even better to be able to color the leader icon, but I'm not sure if the API allows it.

This addon relies on map markers, but they are bugged or don't refresh quick enough. Screen markers work properly, but sometimes there are just too many of them.
07/16/14, 06:50 PM   #2
merlight
Group leader icon is on compass since I don't know which patch. It should also be colorizable, unlike above-head markers.
07/17/14, 04:36 AM   #3
andy.s
I know there is a crown on compass and map, but maybe it's just the EU server issue when this icon desync with the actual leader position and shows wrong direction.

Also above-head markers and visual effects in a big battle just make a big mess on screen and make it hard to orientate:

I spent some time searching for API methods related to these above-head markers, but didn't find any Guess I should wait until game developers do something about it
07/17/14, 02:39 PM   #4
katkat42
Originally Posted by andy.s View Post
I spent some time searching for API methods related to these above-head markers, but didn't find any Guess I should wait until game developers do something about it
Yep, that's correct. The above-head markers are handled by the 3D rendering, not the UI, and are thus out of the reach of UI add-ons.

The compass strip at the top of the screen, on the other hand, is part of the UI, as merlight pointed out. Coloring the leader icon red (for example) there is doable. But it is...of less utility in a situation like your screenshot.

So yeah, pretty much just wait for the game devs. Sorry!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Group leader icon