12/03/20, 11:27 PM   #1
Sidney
Question [Request] Update/Create new "Khajiit Speak" addon.

Hello,

I have had the add-on "Khajiit Speak" (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...jiitSpeak.html) since it came out and even when I've taken 2 year breaks from the game, it's always the first add-on I make sure I have despite that it hasn't been updated in years. It's actually worked pretty until today. Sometimes it's a bit wrong in the new DLC's and quests but not to the point I'd uninstall it.

Twice today I've gotten UI errors and I'm hoping it's just a fluke but I'm thinking it may be on it's last legs. Would anyone be willing and able to either resurrect this add-on, or create a new one?

Thank you!
12/04/20, 12:57 AM   #2
Shadowfen
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
Hello,

I have had the add-on "Khajiit Speak" (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...jiitSpeak.html) since it came out and even when I've taken 2 year breaks from the game, it's always the first add-on I make sure I have despite that it hasn't been updated in years. It's actually worked pretty until today. Sometimes it's a bit wrong in the new DLC's and quests but not to the point I'd uninstall it.

Twice today I've gotten UI errors and I'm hoping it's just a fluke but I'm thinking it may be on it's last legs. Would anyone be willing and able to either resurrect this add-on, or create a new one?

Thank you!
Its problem is likely that it is using a VERY old version of LibAddonMenu which is included in the KhajiitSpeak addon.

You can try fixing the problem yourself.
  1. Go to the Addons directory where your addons are installed. (On Windows it's usually at Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons)
  2. Find the KhajiitSpeak directory and look inside there for the files and directories referenced below.
  3. In the KhajiitSpeak.txt file, you would change "OptionalDependsOn: " to "DependsOn: " and delete all of the lines that start with "lib/". Save that.
  4. In the KhajiitSpeak.lua file, search for the line that says
    Code:
    local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
    (at line 1333) and replace it with
    Code:
    local LAM = LibAddonMenu2
  5. Remove the lib directory that has LibStub.lua and a lam directory under it. This is where the very old library is.
  6. Finally, install LibAddonMenu-2.0 from Minion.
Now you should be able to start your game and see if the KhajiitSpeak addon works again.
12/04/20, 02:45 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Check the comments of the addon. I had a patched version locally since a few months which I have updated and posted there now for your all:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...d=157#comments
12/05/20, 04:42 PM   #4
Sidney
Originally Posted by Shadowfen View Post
Its problem is likely that it is using a VERY old version of LibAddonMenu which is included in the KhajiitSpeak addon.

You can try fixing the problem yourself.
  1. Go to the Addons directory where your addons are installed. (On Windows it's usually at Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Addons)
  2. Find the KhajiitSpeak directory and look inside there for the files and directories referenced below.
  3. In the KhajiitSpeak.txt file, you would change "OptionalDependsOn: " to "DependsOn: " and delete all of the lines that start with "lib/". Save that.
  4. In the KhajiitSpeak.lua file, search for the line that says
    Code:
    local LAM = LibStub("LibAddonMenu-2.0")
    (at line 1333) and replace it with
    Code:
    local LAM = LibAddonMenu2
  5. Remove the lib directory that has LibStub.lua and a lam directory under it. This is where the very old library is.
  6. Finally, install LibAddonMenu-2.0 from Minion.
Now you should be able to start your game and see if the KhajiitSpeak addon works again.
Thank you! Super easy! Will give this a shot
12/05/20, 04:44 PM   #5
Sidney
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Check the comments of the addon. I had a patched version locally since a few months which I have updated and posted there now for your all:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...d=157#comments
Thank you! Going to try the other guy's suggestion first since I had already edited before scrolling to your reply but I downloaded anyway in case mine doesn't work. Yours looks almost the same though.
12/05/20, 05:21 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It is totally the same with some smaller changes I did, but should work the same.
12/08/20, 01:07 AM   #7
AeolusDraco
Line 1355:
website = JS.website,

I'm guessing that should be:
website = KS.website,
12/08/20, 02:58 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, thanks! Fixed.
12/11/20, 11:06 AM   #9
Sidney
Switching over to the one Beartram posted because I'm still getting UI errors sadly:
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/Keyboard/InteractWindow_Keyboard.lua:164: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/Keyboard/InteractWindow_Keyboard.lua:164: in function 'ZO_Interaction:PopulateChatterOption'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{currencyTemplateName = "ZO_CurrencyTemplate", sceneName = "interact", chatterOptionName = "ZO_ChatterOption", questRewardName = "ZO_QuestReward"}, controlID = 11, optionIndex = 11, optionText = "", optionType = 0, optionalArg = 0, isImportant = F, chosenBefore = F, importantOptions = [table:2]{} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/KhajiitSpeak/KhajiitSpeak.lua:1166: in function 'PopulateChatterOption'
|caaaaaa<Locals> hackyHack = [table:3]{2 = 11} </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/InteractWindow_Shared.lua:396: in function 'ZO_SharedInteraction:PopulateChatterOptions'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], optionCount = 200, backToTOCOption = F, importantOptions = [table:2], i = 11, optionString = "", optionType = 0, optionalArg = 0, isImportant = F, chosenBefore = F, controlID = 11 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/Keyboard/InteractWindow_Keyboard.lua:219: in function 'ZO_Interaction:UpdateChatterOptions'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], optionCount = 200, backToTOCOption = F </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/InteractWindow_Shared.lua:118: in function 'OnChatterBegin'
|caaaaaa<Locals> _ = 131072, chatterOptionCount = 200 </Locals>|r
EsoUI/Ingame/InteractWindow/InteractWindow_Shared.lua:74: in function '(anonymous)'
|caaaaaa<Locals> obj = [table:1] </Locals>|r
12/14/20, 12:30 PM   #10
Sharlikran

See how that says interactive and then keyboard? Are you using a gamepad?
12/14/20, 01:24 PM   #11
Sidney
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
See how that says interactive and then keyboard? Are you using a gamepad?
Nope just a normal keyboard I think. Does have RGB and what not:

http://www.lexmausa.com/all-products...category_id=73

I thought the interactive keyboard part was referring to how we can click 1 or 2 or 3 etc for the options when talking to an NPC instead of mouse click. I rarely use mouse click for interaction selection.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Update/Create new "Khajiit Speak" addon.