03/29/21, 12:20 PM   #1
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_TooltipStyledObject

How does one change the font for a ToolTip?

I have been fiddeling with different unofficial localizations and the Korean Addon doesn't seem to be doing something correctly. I have fixed several bugs with it. If you need all the files then download the entire version from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2334-EsoKR.html. I have attached the changes I have made.

It fixes the error
Avoiding anchor cycle from [ESOMRL_MainFrameIngredientsFrameIBbutton171329] to
[ESOMRL_MainFrameIngredientsFrameIBbutton171329]
I also revised how it sets the fonts using LibMediaProvider.

You will need LibQuestData 2.10 to have the proper files for Korean quest names in KR. Not KB or TR.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EsoKR_v913.zip (13.43 MB, 317 views)

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/21 at 06:43 PM.
03/29/21, 05:09 PM   #2
Sharlikran

The solution to my issue was to install the font from the mod named `univers57.otf` and then when I was in Notepad++ I chose Setting -> Style Configurator -> Global Styles -> Default Style and chose the `Univers LT Std 57 Cn` and then the characters appeared in Korean properly in Notepad++. I used my in game helper tool (in Lua) to gather the quest names and save that to the saved vars file. I copied and pasted that into the language files.

Then I quit out of ESO, and loaded the game again and now things seem to display correctly.

I also feel like I was loosing the encoding. I used a website to sort the lines by numerical value. Come to find out in Notepad++ Under Line Operations is an option to Sort Lines as Integers. The way I have the text formatted (RegEx) allows Notepad++ to sort by the numbers, and then RegEx the lines into a table format again and I don't loose any encoding.

Now it seems to display properly in game. That was driving me crazy!

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/29/21 at 05:16 PM.
05/15/21, 09:34 PM   #3
worldwideweirdo
thank you

Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
How does one change the font for a ToolTip?

I have been fiddeling with different unofficial localizations and the Korean Addon doesn't seem to be doing something correctly. I have fixed several bugs with it. If you need all the files then download the entire version from https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2334-EsoKR.html. I have attached the changes I have made.

It fixes the error

I also revised how it sets the fonts using LibMediaProvider.

You will need LibQuestData 2.10 to have the proper files for Korean quest names in KR. Not KB or TR.

We have an website where volunteers translate the game texts to korean, and we allow users to update the translated texts to their addon by running a batch script we provide.

The website's operator will thankfully take your advice and apply the change you've made to the addon and to the batch script.

* The translation website: http://netadm83.iptime.org:65532/eso...teListDone.php
* The bat script: http://netadm83.iptime.org:65532/eso..._AutoPatch.zip

We sincerely appreciate your help and hope you test and inform more on the addon.

Thanks.
05/15/21, 10:29 PM   #4
Sharlikran

To be honest though I need other volunteers to translate more of the mods I maintain. Especially Master Merchant.
07/01/21, 05:58 PM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by worldwideweirdo View Post
Dear Sharlikran,

We've received an AddOn bug report from users, which is that the game client crashes when a user deletes a (chat) text by pressing the backspace key. After collecting the reports and reproducing the problem several times, we figured out that the crashing has started to occur after the Blackwood update (we're not sure it started right after the update), and in the latest version of our addon, of which your kind advice has been applied, the client always crashes whenever a text is deleted. In our older version, there is a random chance to crash when a text is deleted.

In the older version, according to our tests, the number of letters deleted at once (selected block) in a text does not affect the odds of crashing, but every deleting behavior (using backspace key) is suspected to lead to the chance of crashing, regardless of the deleted length.

We suspect one of the recent patches since the Blackwood update is the culprit. Something related to manipulate Unicode might have been changed at the patch. We managed to keep maintaining our addon's source code but the main developer had been retired so it's not viable to have support from the developer, such as debugging in deep levels. Could we ask you some advice related to the issue, if you had any? Any help or advice from you will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry I am not sure. Deleting things in chat should not cause an issue. I will look into it over the weekend. I am also not really sure it is the addon either. So I don't know, but I will take a look.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/01/21 at 06:04 PM.
07/02/21, 01:14 AM   #6
worldwideweirdo
thank you

thank you, really
07/04/21, 09:20 AM   #7
Sharlikran

I have to ask if you could find me someone with the issue that speaks English and has enough computer skills to manually install mods.

It also might be a good idea to have someone in the US with their OS set to English and someone in Korea with their OS set to Korean. Because if the OS is in English but their Keyboard text is Korean that may be different then someone with a Korean keyboard and a Korean OS.

To be honest I don't know which combination alters the code page for the OS though. Is it per the keyboard setting, or the OS. I don't really know.

I notice that the current software is attempting to convert text output to the chat window. I presume it is for some kind of font related issue. However, no other unofficial translation converts anything.

In fact Bevisbear who heads up the Chinese development for ESO doesn't convert any text either. Chinese simplified is code page 936. Korean is code page 949.

Sirinsidiator
Lua itself simply uses single byte strings and the game interprets them as utf8 strings. I also vaguely remember someone mentioning in the past that the encoding of the high ascii characters depends on the encoding specified by the OS, but I don't know what the context for that was.
I am not certain why the previous authors felt there needed to be any conversion. I can't really just blindly test that and do anything to solve it because for now the first question I have is why is there a conversion at all. It's not being done for Chinese why does it need to be done for Korean. They both require special fonts and have code pages other then 1252.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/04/21 at 09:26 AM.
07/04/21, 10:27 AM   #8
Sharlikran

For example try the attached file. When you are typing in chat, what is not working?

If there is an issue with the chat text, provide a screen shot. However, if there isn't an issue then let me know.

I really can't test that because I would by typing in English and probably wouldn't have any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EsoKR_v913.zip (15.01 MB, 272 views)

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/04/21 at 11:33 AM.
07/06/21, 08:21 AM   #9
Sharlikran

이것은 "dedo2" 및 "whya5448" 로 지정됩니다.

"worldwideweirdo" 라는 사용자가 채팅 창에서 텍스트를 삭제하면 게임이 중단되는 위치에 대한보고가있을 수 있다고 저에게 연락했습니다.

사실인가요?

한국어 번역팀 소속 "worldwideweirdo"

그는 나에게 개인 메시지를 보냈고 나는이 스레드에서 응답했습니다.

게임 충돌의 주장이 소수의 사람에게만 영향을 미치는지 아니면 모든 사람에게 영향을 미치는지 혼란 스럽습니다.

특정 사람에게만 영향을 미치는 경우 수정 프로그램을 비활성화하고 문제의 원인을 확인해야합니다.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/06/21 at 04:21 PM.
07/09/21, 07:15 AM   #10
worldwideweirdo
thank you for reply

이것은 "dedo2" 및 "whya5448" 로 지정됩니다.

"worldwideweirdo" 라는 사용자가 채팅 창에서 텍스트를 삭제하면 게임이 중단되는 위치에 대한보고가있을 수 있다고 저에게 연락했습니다.

사실인가요?

한국어 번역팀 소속 "worldwideweirdo"

그는 나에게 개인 메시지를 보냈고 나는이 스레드에서 응답했습니다.

게임 충돌의 주장이 소수의 사람에게만 영향을 미치는지 아니면 모든 사람에게 영향을 미치는지 혼란 스럽습니다.

특정 사람에게만 영향을 미치는 경우 수정 프로그램을 비활성화하고 문제의 원인을 확인해야합니다.

It happens to anyone who types in Korean.
07/09/21, 08:25 AM   #11
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by worldwideweirdo View Post
It happens to anyone who types in Korean.
Did you download the file EsoKR_v913.zip that I provided? Did the changes fix the issue? It has been downloaded 10 times. It has been 5 days since I posted that I figured someone would provide some feedback by now.

내가 제공한 EsoKR_v913.zip 파일을 다운로드 했습니까?

변경 사항이 문제를 해결했습니까?

10번 다운받았습니다

누군가가 지금쯤 피드백을 제공할 것이라고 생각한지 5일이 지났습니다

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/09/21 at 04:54 PM.
07/09/21, 11:59 PM   #12
worldwideweirdo
Did you download the file EsoKR_v913.zip that I provided? Did the changes fix the issue? It has been downloaded 10 times. It has been 5 days since I posted that I figured someone would provide some feedback by now.

내가 제공한 EsoKR_v913.zip 파일을 다운로드 했습니까?

변경 사항이 문제를 해결했습니까?

10번 다운받았습니다

누군가가 지금쯤 피드백을 제공할 것이라고 생각한지 5일이 지났습니다

I did test by EsoKR_v913.zip

and we cant type korean

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PCN...ew?usp=sharing

didn't crash when text erase by backspace.
but crash when text erase by ctrl + a -> delete key
07/10/21, 11:12 AM   #13
Sharlikran

File Included/포함된 파일: EsoKR_v0.17.0.3.zip

Important this is just for testing

Ignore any Chinese anything, Chinese text, Chinese image, Chinese notification, Chinese pop up messages, and ignore that there are only two flags.

Only focus on chat window.

If you delete Korean characters does it still crash?

I need someone to tell me at your earliest convenience.

중요 이것은 단지 테스트용입니다

모든 중국어, 중국어 텍스트, 중국어 이미지, 중국어 알림, 중국어 팝업 메시지를 무시하고 플래그가 두 개뿐인 것을 무시합니다.

채팅창에만 집중하세요.

한국어 문자를 삭제해도 여전히 충돌합니까?

빠른 시일 내에 알려줄 사람이 필요합니다.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EsoKR_v0.17.0.3.zip (15.03 MB, 249 views)
07/10/21, 11:11 PM   #14
worldwideweirdo
File Included/포함된 파일: EsoKR_v0.17.0.3.zip

Important this is just for testing

Ignore any Chinese anything, Chinese text, Chinese image, Chinese notification, Chinese pop up messages, and ignore that there are only two flags.

Only focus on chat window.

If you delete Korean characters does it still crash?

I need someone to tell me at your earliest convenience.

중요 이것은 단지 테스트용입니다

모든 중국어, 중국어 텍스트, 중국어 이미지, 중국어 알림, 중국어 팝업 메시지를 무시하고 플래그가 두 개뿐인 것을 무시합니다.

채팅창에만 집중하세요.

한국어 문자를 삭제해도 여전히 충돌합니까?

빠른 시일 내에 알려줄 사람이 필요합니다.

still crash

1. type "감사합니다."
2. delete text use delete key.
3. crash
07/11/21, 02:18 AM   #15
Sharlikran

So at this point I don't think I can address the issue because it works perfectly fine for me on Windows 7 with my system set to English.

For the next sentence CP is Code Page.

More then likely your using windows 10 and your language settings are probably telling windows to use either CP65001 or whatever code page the language setting uses like CP949 which is Korean.

ESO is using a single byte string for Chat and that simply is not possible for Korean which is 3 bytes. The other problem is that the Chinese team doesn't have to worry about any of that at all. They don't crash and they are not trying to intercept chat at all.

I got permission from Bevisbear to use his code hoping it would let EsoKR do what EsoZH does but it didn't work.

I'm not going to give up but at this point I just really don't see how to fix it.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/11/21 at 02:27 AM.
07/11/21, 02:22 AM   #16
Sharlikran

Are you manually deleting the old EsoKR folder and using the new one? Just in case don't make a backup in Addons of the old folder.

EsoKR_v0.17.0.3
EsoKR_v913
EsoKR
For example like that. Don't have anything in the "C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns" folder as a backup because the game will load it.

You should have only one folder EsoKR only and no backup under Addons of any kind.

If you have done that then I don't know.
07/11/21, 02:31 AM   #17
Sharlikran

Actually I just remembered that I did manually edit two other files so I will upload a new version tomorrow but if it doesn't work then what I have just said will have to stand.

Also keep in mind I do not use any chat programs either like pChat.

So when you are a testing this you should not have anything enabled except EsoKR and LibMediaProvider.

If you have like 200 mods installed or a hundred mods or even fifty mods you should disable all of them because anything could be interfering with the chat box that I don't have on my system and that's why it works fine for me.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/11/21 at 02:50 AM.
07/11/21, 09:58 AM   #18
Sharlikran

Also I need a screen shot of your region and language settings

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/11/21 at 10:04 AM.
07/11/21, 12:24 PM   #19
Sharlikran

And lastly this started happening after the Blackwood update to ESO, correct?
07/11/21, 04:47 PM   #20
Sharlikran

https://github.com/ESOUIMods/EsoKR/r.../tag/v0.17.0.4

Only download the EsoKR_v0.17.0.4.zip from the GitHub link.

GitHub 링크에서 EsoKR_v0.17.0.4.zip만 다운로드하십시오.

I still don't think this will change anything but these are the files I am using and I have no issues deleting Korean from the chat box. Disable all modifications except EsoKR and LibAddonMenu when testing this. 0 additional mods enabled.

나는 여전히 이것이 아무것도 바꿀 것이라고 생각하지 않지만 이것들은 내가 사용하는 정확한 파일이며 채팅 상자에서 한국어를 삭제하는 데 문제가 없습니다. 나는 이것을 테스트할 때 EsoKR 과 LibAddonMenu 를 제외한 모든 수정을 비활성화하는 것을 반복합니다. 0개의 추가 모드가 활성화되었습니다.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/11/21 at 07:00 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZO_TooltipStyledObject