04/14/22, 06:26 PM   #1
drkm
Where to find motif

Im not sure if theres a addon what does this already but im looking to add information to motif and writs tooltips on what zone/dungeon ect i can farm the motif from

The only information i have so far is from achievements and uesp.net
04/15/22, 05:28 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is no addon for that and don't expect any to get created as the info is not provided ingame as API.
So you'd need to manually create a lookup database and maintain it for each change...
Like uesp and websites do. And their format cannot be transfered to eso game savedvariables easily so you cannot simply let others farm the info and use it for the addon within 1 click.
04/15/22, 11:15 AM   #3
Weolo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is possible to add the location for motifs. The TraitBuddy addon does this to tooltips and its UI screen.
I don't think that idea fits with writs though as they are not found in specific locations.

If you want to add functionality like this to your own addon the secret is the description on the Outfit style. For example, the Motif to learn Ancient Orc Helm gives you the same Head Outfit Style. And the description on the Outfit Style says where it comes from.

Code wise its along these lines:
Lua Code:
  1. local id = 3467
  2. local description = GetCollectibleDescription(id)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Where to find motif