06/15/22, 10:29 AM   #1
Razielsoulshadow
Update/fix for the Switchbar Addon

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...arII.html#info

This was one of the first Addons I found when I started this game, and it's probably the most useful for me when it comes to combat. If I don't want to be casting the wrong skills accidentally I need to be able to tell with a glance which bar I have on, and if it switched when I hit the key to do so... but this addon is out of date now.

Specifically, the issue is with LibAddonMenu. It still uses an older setup with the library copied inside the addon itself, and trying to run two instances of the library is causing a number of issues; Some settings menus simply don't show up (and it's rarely the same ones character to character), many have issues where you can't change certain options for whatever reason, and even on its own Switchbar's menu I can't change the actual icons it uses for the two bars, only able to adjust the size and color.

If anyone knows of an addon with the same functionality (that's more up-to-date of course) that I could use instead, I would happily just switch to that. If someone could update the addon so that it uses the proper library calling current addons use, that'd be just as great! Maybe even better. Heck, I have some experience programming (though I've never worked with Lua), so if someone could point me towards a tutorial for how to you utilize libraries I could potentially figure it out from there... I'm fairly certain from my own searches I need to switch it off relying on LibStub, but I'm kinda diving into the deep end here and any help would be appreciated!
06/15/22, 11:57 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...aponbarId.html

Else check the sticky post at the addon help forum about "READ first before asking for a fix etc." or maybe it was the library related one.I had fixed a description for "how to remove embedded libraries by LibStub in there so you could fix the switchbar addon yourself.
06/15/22, 12:06 PM   #3
Razielsoulshadow
Well that's embarrassing... I even opened that one, but didn't read down far enough apparently. Thanks for the quick response, and I'll check both of those out. Feel free to delete the thread if you'd like.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Update/fix for the Switchbar Addon