04/11/19, 11:42 AM   #1
palejaune

Question [request?]send an email when the game finds a dungeon

Hello,

The game is always bugged and as DD it take hours to find a dungeon, so I ask a request, bcz I want to do gardening, or go to the beach, ride a bike...
04/11/19, 11:56 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure if this is a real request, but that isn't possible.
04/11/19, 12:18 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hm, if there is an event that tells us that the dungeon finder finished and the popup shows where you need to press "YES":
The game does an reloadui and writes a variable to the savedvars.
An external tool checks this savedvars every 3 seconds for the variable and if it finds it sends an email.

Only problem:
If the reloadui takes place the popup will most probably be gone and you are again in the queue

P.S.
I doubt there is such an event so double No for your request.
And the hint: Write in the offiicial ESO forums and tell the devs that the dungeon finder is not the way you like it to work, so they officially "fix" it.
04/11/19, 12:26 PM   #4
Wheels
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I doubt there is such an event so double No for your request.
Full disclosure, I have not looked at the source code for this addon, but https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ueue.html#info this seems to be able to detect queue pops, and as such could probably be tweaked to also write to savedvars and reload so that you could do what you described. However, I would also argue that this is certainly not worth the effort
04/14/19, 07:43 AM   #5
Sordrak

Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Full disclosure, I have not looked at the source code for this addon, but https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ueue.html#info this seems to be able to detect queue pops, and as such could probably be tweaked to also write to savedvars and reload so that you could do what you described. However, I would also argue that this is certainly not worth the effort
The problem is that accepting the queue won't be enough as it often fails. We are talking about the dungeon finder, right?

But you should be able to automatically accept the queue and detect the zone change. Then change the vars and trigger a reloadui. But I doubt that would be useful as the other group member might already have kicked you for inactivity.

The next issue btw. is not getting logged out (yes macros etc. but that would be against the ToS i guess).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [request?]send an email when the game finds a dungeon