03/13/22, 01:01 AM   #1
Cadenza

Question Second keyboard for keybinds?

I've got an old keyboard here and thought it would be cool if I could use it for addon keybinds and what not.
03/13/22, 05:23 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do you mean "2nd keyboard for keybinds"?
If you attach 2 keyboards to your computer, asumign both use USB connections, both should work at the same time.
But they work the same, providing the same keybindings and key.

So what would be the benefit instead of simply using 1 keyboard
03/13/22, 10:15 AM   #3
Cadenza

I guess I was wondering if there is a way to differentiate between keyboards. So say you could have one keyboard for emotes/addon keybinds and one for more actual gameplay.
03/13/22, 10:30 AM   #4
Sharlikran

I don't see a way to do that. You would have to have a device that is actually different like a Razer Tartarus. In contrast this Redragon K585 DITI, probably won't work because the Q key will be the same on the Keyboard and the One Handed Gaming Keyboard. Both Q keys will send the same signal through USB to the PC to tell it you pressed Q.

Not that the Razer is your only option. You will have to do the research yourself. I'm just reiterating what Baertram is saying such that you can't have a Keyboard with the same keys. The Razer has keys but it's more or less a joystick with 19 buttons. You could use the 19 buttons for keybinds. I could not play that way because like most people I use a Mouse and Keyboard. So I'm not saying that is a viable option because you don't have three hands.

Simply put your additional device has to have unique keys that are different from the Keyboard so that the game can see it is a completely different device.

DIY suggestion
Warning: Spoiler

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/13/22 at 10:54 AM.
03/13/22, 01:56 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Keyboards are basically acting the same if you attach them to your computer.
If you press A on keyboard 1 it will nothing different then pressing A on keyboard 2.

So if you want to differentiate the emotes and others ny using 2 keyboards you can do so, but if you e.g. go the keybind "," bound to something it will be triggered by both keyboards! So there is no real reason in using 2 keyboards here except for a physically difference. MAybe you palce them that way that the keyboard 2 number block is next to your normal keyboard (left of it e.g.) and bind the numberblock keys for some emotes, so you can use them on keybaord 2 and all others like WASD etc. normally on keyboard 1.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Second keyboard for keybinds?