04/20/14, 09:17 AM   #1
RtooDtu
2 addon suggestions to help questing:

1) An addon that marks on the map where you can find a quest giver / quest hubs.

2) An addon that grays out the parts of the map you have not been too yet (kind of like how WoW does it). This way I will know which part of the map i've been to and which part i need to discover.

I made a Reddit post about it, http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...an_addon_that/

I think either of these addons would be incredibly useful.
04/20/14, 11:05 AM   #2
Joviex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
1) An addon that marks on the map where you can find a quest giver / quest hubs.

2) An addon that grays out the parts of the map you have not been too yet (kind of like how WoW does it). This way I will know which part of the map i've been to and which part i need to discover.
First one only requires a host/location for people to upload data like esohead -)

#2 is a little more tough, but not impossible. It would take a little fancy work in the "find exact place to overlay" math. But all it requires is a collection of points to use as "erase marks" for an overlay you would paint on the map.
04/20/14, 01:26 PM   #3
RtooDtu
Okay somebody make this happen!
04/20/14, 01:51 PM   #4
RtooDtu
Originally Posted by Ak0 View Post
My new AddOn Ak0's X Marks the Spot Does #2 in a way, just that it marks it using a X, instead of graying it out.
That is perfect. A simple solution to a complex problem
04/21/14, 10:43 AM   #5
ruze84
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
For quest complete achievements, I'm very much interested in number one. That said, those map markers are already available to our characters (unlike skyshards and resource nodes), because they pop up on our compass and maps just by us going near them.

I'm not a modder, but from what I can guess, those markers are present, simply not visible until the player gets within a certain range (just like exploration sites and mundus stones). If it is possible, the addon would just pretend like the player has met the requirement to get close.

Don't know if that is possible, though.
04/21/14, 11:15 AM   #6
Joviex

Originally Posted by ruze84 View Post
For quest complete achievements, I'm very much interested in number one. That said, those map markers are already available to our characters (unlike skyshards and resource nodes), because they pop up on our compass and maps just by us going near them.

I'm not a modder, but from what I can guess, those markers are present, simply not visible until the player gets within a certain range (just like exploration sites and mundus stones). If it is possible, the addon would just pretend like the player has met the requirement to get close.

Don't know if that is possible, though.
Correct.

All you have to do is iterate the poi(s) for a map given its index. Then you get all the POIs possible on the map and their "state". If you check for state 13 or 14? IIRC it will indicate a "seen" or "complete" state.

This is all off the top of my head, but in theory that'll work.
04/21/14, 11:15 AM   #7
Joviex

Originally Posted by Ak0 View Post
My new AddOn Ak0's X Marks the Spot Does #2 in a way, just that it marks it using a X, instead of graying it out.
Did you remove this plugin? That link redirects to the home page.
04/21/14, 03:07 PM   #8
Skylinee
Originally Posted by Joviex View Post
Did you remove this plugin? That link redirects to the home page.
Yes, apparently it was too similar to another addon (and he plans on rewriting it and releasing it again later).

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/filei...id=91#comments

I'm sure someone could provide you with a download link though (if it's OK with the author).

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » 2 addon suggestions to help questing: