10/05/15, 04:02 PM   #1
Fastbuilder575
Addon all viewed Guild Stores

Hey,

I'm searching an Addon which is activated if I open a Guild Store(All Stores not just the ones from my Guild) and saves the items in it so if I later search for an item I can look for the Guild, that sold it the lowest at the time of the last visit to that Guild Store.

Thanks for Help,

Chris
10/15/15, 07:29 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I guess this will need you to open the guild store, scroll the pages etc. manually so all items in the store get shown and known for addons somehow.
And it will save huge amount of data to your local hard drive (SavedVariables folder) which will increase your loading time after login/reloadui very much (maybe even make it crash sometimes).

I don#t know of any addon so far, only other addons which are able to do this with the 5 guild stores you joined (no public guild stores).
Just search for them in the addons -> Auction house / vendors section.
10/15/15, 09:30 AM   #3
antihax
I am working on an addon, relay, and website which will do this but I am likely a few weeks out. The short term goal is to have an addon and uploader which will send guild store items and sale history to a relay which anyone can connect to and save the data; allowing others to write third party tools for ESO using this data.

https://github.com/antihax/ESODataRelay
https://github.com/antihax/ESODataRelay-Server

Once I have the data format for the relay locked down I will release a beta.

There is an existing plugin called PriceTracker which will scan and store the data but, as said by Baertram, this becomes very large.
10/15/15, 11:44 AM   #4
dopiate
How would you do this?

I am assuming you will be relying on lots of savedvariable files or one really big one and user interaction to initiate the upload.

One you have the game running Lua will not let you execute anything outside of it's sandbox and the savedvariables information is in Lua memory only (until you log out/reloadui and then it is saved).

I'm just curious because the #1 request I get PM's or emails about is, can I save and sort all sales from all guilds. Then my #2 request is from GM's who want "whole guild sales today, this week, last week and 30 days" .... that's an actual quote from a recent PM.

It's not really something I was interesting in doing, I am very happy with my addon "as is" but, there are a lot of people who want something like that.

The only way I can figure out how you can accomplish this (which is a cool idea btw) is the end user has to collect the data (much the way MM does) and then you have a standalone script or executable that collects, sorts and uploads the data to your website.

That's just a total guess, I'll check out your GitHub in minute.

Will it display only on the website or will the website just be a data feed to the application?

I look forward to seeing it in action.

-d
10/15/15, 11:59 AM   #5
dopiate
quick reply

I saw this quote on GitHub "-- there is likely some error here, so lets round it to 10 seconds to eliminate this. "

Just in case you didn't know the epoch time stamp you get from the server will always be different every time you query it.

It's been a while since I dealt with it but I'll give you an example.

My addon get's it's data from MM (from a savedvariables file specific to my addon) - Philgo and I worked together so the two programs would work together seamlessly.

Lets say you logged off and already pulled in new data with GSA, then if you delete the data from the savedvariables file and login and play and then logout. MM will have found all the new sales again but the epoch string will be different and my program will pull them all in as new sales.

I found a way to deal with it but I do notice that the MM in game GUI still has some problems with duplicates because of this (unrelated to my addon being used or not).

Just a "heads up" in case you were unaware of this issue.

Don't rely on the epoch sales time to be consistent.

-d
10/15/15, 01:10 PM   #6
Ayantir

Just to say that I'm doing ~same, 3rd post here, will soon publish event if it's alpha and totally unfinished.. and if devs wanna contribute, I don't want to see a 1 year work goes in trash..
10/16/15, 02:02 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe you and antihax can combine your work and do ONE cool solution then

But imo all the approaches to do this kind of "big store in the net" will depend on the consistent and regulary contribution of the players around the globe. Otherwise the data is always out of date.

And it maybe even out of date 1 second after the data was savd to the SavedVariables. So if you do not upload it at the same time, or at least in the next few minutes, it is just an "old" dump...
10/16/15, 02:24 AM   #8
dopiate
This can be done ... now

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe you and antihax can combine your work and do ONE cool solution then

But imo all the approaches to do this kind of "big store in the net" will depend on the consistent and regulary contribution of the players around the globe. Otherwise the data is always out of date.

And it maybe even out of date 1 second after the data was savd to the SavedVariables. So if you do not upload it at the same time, or at least in the next few minutes, it is just an "old" dump...
If any user of GSA were to submit his/her current database I could create a combined history from all of it SO easy.

It would never show duplicates and the sheer amount of database history would grow with each submission.

I actually have tool do to is -- but i never promoted it because users don't read forums and I don't want to be pushy in the GUI.

Lets say only 4 people did it once a week -- you would have 4x as many guilds and sales history than you do now.

And I have amazing sales with just my sales data - image if I could see other peoples listed, as far back as you wanted to go.

Just an FYI,

-d
10/16/15, 03:49 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sounds great! You have much more "intel" so I was wrong then I guess

I just thought one would have to submit "actual" data multiple times every day (depending on each server too) to get a good and actual list of items to sell/buy AND the guild trader where you will find it.
10/16/15, 05:25 AM   #10
dopiate
Sounds great! You have much more "intel" so I was wrong then I guess
LOL no - I am was just saying that if someone is a current GSA user and they wanted to take part in a weekly upload (which I don't think will ever happen) then IN THEORY - I could create 1 master database out of many and GSA can view it/sort it all.

After playing and being on this site for a year, I know that no matter what I post in my forums or main page will be read and if on the off chance someone wants to do this, it would be 2 users max (which is nice but not a great sample size).

GSA keeps data from they day you started using it so if the more individuals that merge the more data you have and it can go back months.

I just thought one would have to submit "actual" data multiple times every day (depending on each server too) to get a good and actual list of items to sell/buy AND the guild trader where you will find it.
To do what I suggested, as long as a user logs in and uploads once a week (and downloads the new combined db) it should work fine.

BUT this is not my thread :-) I am sorry if I derailed it.

I came up with this idea a few months ago when I was trying to make GSA "dual account" compatible. I was unable to but, when combining 3 user databases, for testing, I realized it had that the potential to do this and very easily because a current GSA user has all their sales data already outside the game and history going back (in most cases) months.

That's it. Maybe this info could help one of the authors, maybe it can't. I was explaining how it "could" be done in my addon. That's is all :-)

based on your definition my solution would be a big "old dump" :-)

that's why I was curious, like you how they would accomplish this.

Even the tool mentioned Price Tracker Updated has to be run, then you wait until it finished and after that the data is as close to "real-time" as possible but if you are on playing for 15 minutes then that data has now become an "old dump".

I hope I cleared that up. I only know what I have seen and experienced between fixing/maintaing Shopkeeper, writing GSA and then changing GSA to be MM compatible.

-d

Last edited by dopiate : 10/16/15 at 05:44 AM. Reason: grammer
11/05/15, 06:58 PM   #11
antihax
Originally Posted by Fastbuilder575 View Post
Hey,

I'm searching an Addon which is activated if I open a Guild Store(All Stores not just the ones from my Guild) and saves the items in it so if I later search for an item I can look for the Guild, that sold it the lowest at the time of the last visit to that Guild Store.

Thanks for Help,

Chris
So the Addon is now successfully capable of doing this and i have released an beta release candidate.
To do what is requested above I would suggest:
  • ESO Data Relay
  • PriceTracker Optional, will scan the entire market.
  • Run the uploader tool for ESO Data Relay in the addon folder, follow instructions (it starts in the tray)
  • Visit the markets, /reloadui when done.
  • Visit the site and look for the items or sets you are after.

This will show yours and others uploads which can save quite a bit of time running all over the world.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon all viewed Guild Stores