01/17/21, 05:29 PM   #1
Caelis
Question Alpha Gear Integrations not working, auto reset after log out

Hi guys,

I've installed Alphagear 2 and so far have been loving it greatly. However, since 2 days or so, whenever i open up the ESO game, all my saved sets and profiles in Alphagear are reset and thus blank. I've redone all the gear and saved it again, only to find out today everything got reset again...

I tried looking at the instructions to see if I was doing something wrong, but couldnt find anything on it.

In addition, my AlphaGear2 Integrations have never worked... In the settings menu, they are just faded out, can't select or adjust them in any way.

How can I ensure that I dont have to set up Alphagear every single time I log in and out of the game, I really dont wanna do that, since it completely is a waste of time and this shouldn't be happening I'd think.

Thanks in advance!
01/17/21, 07:01 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In addition, my AlphaGear2 Integrations have never worked.
What are those integrations?

Mayke sure ALL your addons AND libraries are updated to the newest versions.
Try with ONLY AlphaGear2 enabled (note down your other addons you had enabled): Does it save properly then?
If yes: Another addon might be causing the problems for you so enable the addons you got enabled before 1 after another and try again.
You do not need to logout to see if the settings f AG2 save properly. Just type /reloadui in the chat and check afterwards if the AG2 ui loads your settings properly.

If AG2 alone does not save properly as well:

Do other addons save properly? Or are there othere addons as well which do not remember the settings?
If others got similar problems this most of the time is due to blockes by the antivirus tools on your computer, as the addons and SavedVariables store data in the user/ folder which is a special protected one within Windows.

Check that your SavedVariables folder (read here how to find it) is allowed in your AntiVirus tool so that the folder can be read and written properly.

Also try this:
Logout, go to your SavedVariables folder, rename the file "AlphaGear2.lua" to something else, e.g. add _backup at the end.
Allow the folder + the live/AddOns folder in your Antivirus tools.
Login and try if setting up a gear works now. You should be easily able to test by just adding your currently equipped items and save them as armor line 1. Then type /reloadui into the chat edit box and press the return key.
Open the alphagear2 UI again and checkif it's still there, the new line 1.
Logout and try after a login if it's still there.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Alpha Gear Integrations not working, auto reset after log out