11/16/16, 12:31 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minion will extract addon into wrong directory (if live AND pts updates are done..)

Hey Dolby,

Got this kind of problem with Minion several times now:

Minion is setup for live and PTS.
One addon needs an update and is installed for both, live and pts (this time it was the addon "Settracker").
I've updated addon SetTracker for PTS manually by clicking it, popup is shown. In the popup (after reading chnagelog etc.) I have pressed "Update". Then I closed the popup and directly switched to the live entry at the left side. And there I just hit "Update all" as SetTracker was the only addon there which needs updates.

I then checked the addons ingame and live was missing the addon, pts showed it.
PTS got the addon updated correctly. But live just deleted the addon and didn't reinstall it?

Checked the folders for the addons manually afterwards and found out that Minion updated the live "SetTracker" but extracted it directly into the folder "live" instead of into "live\AddOns".

Attached you'll find my minion.log and xml.
Hope it helps to find the error.

Cheers
Baertram

P.S.
btw: Even reinstalling the addon via Minion context menu won't fix the path.
After an uninstall from Minion, Minion tells me that the addon is still installed?
So I'm not even able to install it again It is not shown in the "Installed addons" tab but shows as installed at the "Find more" tab of the live folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2016-11-16_minion.zip (235.5 KB, 401 views)
11/16/16, 02:00 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Baertram,

Looking at the file path for your "Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" game its set to "C:\Users\P\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" so that is why its trying to extract the AddOn there and having trouble updating AddOns.
  • Open Minion
  • Make sure the game "Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" is selected on the left.
  • Click the "Options" tab.
  • Under the option "Game AddOn folder path" click the folder icon.
  • Navigate to the elder scrolls online "live" folder and select the "AddOns" folder (1 click).
  • At the bottom right choose "Select Folder".
  • Verify the path in the box next to the folder icon now has the \AddOns at the end.
  • Restart Minion and see if that fixes things for you.

Last edited by Dolby : 11/16/16 at 02:06 PM.
11/16/16, 02:45 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ehrm, I did not change the path to "live". It always was "live\AddOns" and the updates worked just well in the past
They even worked with "Update All" if I only updated one of the games (either pts or live).

Somthing in Minion must have changed it then automatically. All other from the weeks before I realized this today were fine and I haven't touched the settings since installation of Minion.
11/16/16, 03:29 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Very strange, first time I've heard of it happening on its own. In the future if you find that it happens again please let me know and maybe what was going on at the time?

Everything is back to normal now switching it back?
11/16/16, 03:55 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yes, I have renamed the XML and let it rebuild everything.
btw:
Why is Minion telling me that all addons are out of date after I have renamed the XML and it starts from the beginning (select games, select folders, scan for addons).

All of my addons in live and some in PTS were shown as outdated but they weren't.
I've updated all at both systems and then it was ok again.
11/16/16, 05:10 PM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Yes, I have renamed the XML and let it rebuild everything.
btw:
Why is Minion telling me that all addons are out of date after I have renamed the XML and it starts from the beginning (select games, select folders, scan for addons).

All of my addons in live and some in PTS were shown as outdated but they weren't.
I've updated all at both systems and then it was ok again.
The minion.xml holds the zip checksum (md5) for all the AddOns you have installed. When you delete it those checksums go away and Minion isn't sure if what you have installed is the same as whats on our site. So it marks them as needing update so it can be sure you have the latest version. It doesn't happen in ESO as often as WOW but many addons have different version numbers in the txt/toc than on our site so we don't trust the version number there.
11/16/16, 05:22 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok, my fault then :-) Next time I'll use the build in "Reset ..." settings in Minion which I've found afterwards

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion will extract addon into wrong directory (if live AND pts updates are done..)