03/30/14, 03:35 AM   #21
LittleMagica
Cant LogIn too...

LogIn Data Incorrect...but the Data are correct...hehe
03/30/14, 05:23 PM   #22
Aethelwulf1972
I also just now installed minion, and created a new esoui account, and I am unable to login.
03/30/14, 05:56 PM   #23
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Alright I think I found an issue with those of you that just registered a new account on ESOUI and try to login to Minion.

If you log out of ESOUI and log back in to the website, then try to login to Minion it "should" work. Some reason upon registration your account is not being added to our global database however if you log out and back in on the website it will add the account.

I'll work on fixing this asap.

This is only for those people that just recently registered on ESOUI.
04/01/14, 03:23 AM   #24
dragonsetc
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
If you log out of ESOUI and log back in to the website, then try to login to Minion it "should" work. Some reason upon registration your account is not being added to our global database however if you log out and back in on the website it will add the account.
Didnt work for me. Still got the "Login failed. Please check your userid and password." Ahh well, will try again tomorrow.

Still not letting me log in along with esohead.com.

Last edited by dragonsetc : 04/02/14 at 12:40 PM.
04/13/14, 02:14 PM   #25
Quixoticcat
I am experiencing the same issue. I installed Minion (to a different directory than the default install) and was unable to login using my ZAM username/password. I created a username/password specific to ESOUI and was unable to log in with that. Logged out of ESOUI site and logged back in, restarted Minion and still am unable to log in.

Help?
04/13/14, 02:17 PM   #26
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Quixoticcat, Minion does not accept usernames. It requests an email address and password. Is that what you are using or are you trying to use your username?

Last edited by Dolby : 04/13/14 at 02:26 PM.
04/13/14, 07:04 PM   #27
Quixoticcat
Hi Dolby,

I had tried both ways initially and gotten no love, however I just tried with email address (just to make sure!) and was able to log in with no problems.

Thank you for the help!
04/15/14, 01:42 AM   #28
Sallakat
Yeah I've tried to login with minion too and it keeps saying I got wrong login details... I reset my password twice too and still can't get it to work.

So wth?
04/16/14, 02:04 PM   #29
dragonsetc
Premium Member
Premium Member
I found the the main problem to this yesterday. ESOhead and Minion use a different system for passwords than ESOUI, EQ, etc. Their system will not accept special characters in the password. I.e. if you have a "@" in your password, it will fail on Minion or ESOhead, but will work fine on many other ZAM sites. The programmers are now aware of the issue, and are working on it. Till then you can change your password to not have special characters and you should be able to log in.
04/16/14, 02:16 PM   #30
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by dragonsetc View Post
I found the the main problem to this yesterday. ESOhead and Minion use a different system for passwords than ESOUI, EQ, etc. Their system will not accept special characters in the password. I.e. if you have a "@" in your password, it will fail on Minion or ESOhead, but will work fine on many other ZAM sites. The programmers are now aware of the issue, and are working on it. Till then you can change your password to not have special characters and you should be able to log in.
Oops forgot to ask... After further investigation what site are you using to change your password and do you remember the last site you used to change your password in the past? I have a password with that symbol and it works fine for me on Minion and Esohead.

I am also wondering if just the act of changing your password fixed the problem.
04/17/14, 12:10 AM   #31
dragonsetc
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Oops forgot to ask... After further investigation what site are you using to change your password and do you remember the last site you used to change your password in the past? I have a password with that symbol and it works fine for me on Minion and Esohead.

I am also wondering if just the act of changing your password fixed the problem.
I believe I used the AllaKhazam website to change the website. Just changing it did not work. I had to remove the "@". I changed it once keeping the "@" and I still had the issue. Changed the password again taking out the "@" and it worked.
04/22/14, 01:45 PM   #32
Blackwolfe
I registered a while ago and confirmed my details. However, I cannot log into the client? I my email and password but still get login failed. Any ideas?
04/22/14, 02:02 PM   #33
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Don't tell me your password but are you using an @ in the password?
04/22/14, 02:04 PM   #34
Blackwolfe
No, but I figured it out. Apparently, it didn't work using the account I registered on ESOUI, but it did work with the account I have on ZAM. I'm guessing the two are separate?
04/22/14, 02:05 PM   #35
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Your accounts are tied together using your email address. So if the email addresses are different for each site then you have a different account.

I see your account is tied to an email address that is also on ZAM.

How did you register with ESOUI? Did you login with your ZAM account or did you register a new account?
04/22/14, 02:07 PM   #36
Blackwolfe
I use the same email for both, so I don't understand why it did not work. Oh well, at least it works now

I created a login on this site and logged in on the site with it, but now I am logged in with the account I had on Zam since that one worked with the minion. The one thing that differs is the username. Password and email should be the same.

Last edited by Blackwolfe : 04/22/14 at 02:10 PM.
04/22/14, 02:14 PM   #37
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ok so if you registered a new account on ESOUI it saved a different password for you just on this site. So your account is half way synced.

I need the registration page on ESOUI to check this and alert people they are already registered with ZAM and should use the login page instead.

- For now if you log out of ESOUI.
- Log back in but use your ZAM password (it will work)
- The accounts will be synced then.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Unable to login