11/19/17, 03:15 AM   #1
mythikos
Getting items in immediate vicinity

I am rather new to the ESO modding scene, and I was wondering, is it possible to loop through all items in the area surrounding you, or all items in the current zone, etc? I would like to write an addon that notifies the users when they are near certain items (conditionally) but I can't see to find a way.

An example might be, a player enters a dungeon. Is there a way to constantly poll the surrounding area and tell the user a chest or bag is nearby? Or perhaps if an item in the world in nearby (common shields, swords, etc)?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
11/19/17, 04:07 AM   #2
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, that is not possible.
11/19/17, 04:54 AM   #3
mythikos
Assuming the only way to pull off something like this would be to have the locations of all known spawns, kinda like how Lorebooks and SkyShards does eh? Totally not viable for my idea. Oh well, thanks for the info!
11/19/17, 06:43 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Even with the locations it's not sure that the items spawning at the location are the same each time. Sometimes there will be a totally different spawn location or some other material shown at the spawn location where you've found this bag before.
Only books and skyshards are located at the same location (and some books have 3 different spawn points so it's only 1 of them).
11/20/17, 04:45 AM   #5
Ayantir

there is already some initiatives for doing this, why reinventing wheel ? after it's doable, a bit complicated but doable..

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Getting items in immediate vicinity