06/22/17, 05:30 PM   #1
Tyrobag
Use Momento On Cooldown?

Anyone know if there is a mod that lets you select a momento that will be automatically activated at the end of its cooldown? If not, I'd wonder if anyone would want to make something like that. One could direct the mod to a specific momento, and as long as the feature is toggled on (through a keybinding) the item would get automatically activated on cooldown or on a manually set timer. This would be so great for things like the annoying crown crate momentos that should have been costumes.
06/22/17, 08:46 PM   #2
OSean980
If you don't get a response to this, are you aware you can quickslot the mementos to make their reactivation as simple as pressing Q? In the quickslots screen, press the Collectible tab, and find it in the list. It's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's the next best thing.
06/24/17, 08:33 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Items and abilites are not able to be automatically started via adodn, so you nee dto press the key manually (like from the quickslot).
06/24/17, 09:39 AM   #4
Ayantir

mementos can be used.

pimpmyride permit to bind a key on any memento it's at least this.
06/24/17, 09:57 AM   #5
Rhyono
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
mementos can be used.

pimpmyride permit to bind a key on any memento it's at least this.
He's asking for it to be auto-pressed without pressing it.
06/24/17, 10:25 AM   #6
Ayantir

I was talking about something existing...

If user want something ultra specific he can do it himself too..
06/24/17, 11:09 AM   #7
Rhyono
I thought it couldn't be done at all?
06/24/17, 05:06 PM   #8
dorrino
UseCollectible function is not private and not protected. So you can use any collectible at any time including right after it expires.

The only exception is if the current zone prevents from using collectibles. Like Cyrodiil.

Keep in mind though, that collectible usage invokes a global cooldown, so it might be annoying to auto-cast in the mid of the combat.
06/25/17, 04:22 AM   #9
Letho
Mmmmmmmmmh, you give me quite the ideas!

Code:
if "Letho" = reticleoverTarget and isHostile then LethoWin:UseMemento(mementoId); end
06/25/17, 09:04 PM   #10
Granpafishy

Not to sound snarky, but isn't the whole purpose of the "AddOn Search/Request" section of the forums, to ask for something specific?
06/26/17, 09:36 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Nope, it's meant to ask for something reusable for several players, and not only for 1
You know: It takes quite much time to investigate, build and maintain the addons.
So not every small request will get to a working addon. These ones should be considere to be build by the players on their own then (if they want to).
06/26/17, 09:37 AM   #12
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Granpafishy View Post
Not to sound snarky, but isn't the whole purpose of the "AddOn Search/Request" section of the forums, to ask for something specific?
Not really, the purpose is to first: Direct them to an existing addon that does what they're asking, and then if that doesn't exist, someone might consider picking it up. But if there's something very similar to what they want, and the user is being picky, the only way it'll get done is if they do it themself.
06/26/17, 11:54 PM   #13
Jizargo

what a great statement...

"You posted a request in the request section, so you should do it your self"

Honestly it's posts like this that really get to me. Where do you get off telling him to "do it your self" when he's making a formal request in the proper place... Then you go as far as to act smug about it. I hope saying things like this makes you feel better about your self, but next time can you do it elsewhere, we can do without your trolling.
06/26/17, 11:57 PM   #14
Jizargo
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
Not really, the purpose is to first: Direct them to an existing addon that does what they're asking, and then if that doesn't exist, someone might consider picking it up. But if there's something very similar to what they want, and the user is being picky, the only way it'll get done is if they do it themself.
Guess what? I made a request a long time ago for a fallout4 mod where you can shoot limbs off humans like you do synths/ghouls. Someone did the exact same thing and said "Do it your self" then when I explained I can't they replied with "too bad".

A few weeks later, that mod was created by someone who was inspired by my post.

So for the "Addon search" part, yes redirecting them to addons is fine. However the section ends with "Requests" therefor eliminating the idea or concept of people "doing things themselves". It's called REQUEST for a reason, and if you can't fulfill either the search or request then you have no right posting in this thread, let alone telling people to do it themselves.

And if it is so easy you believe a random person with no knowledge of LUA can do it, then why dont you just do it your self? You were willing to take the time to post in this thread, but you're not willing to take the time to program something so easy that you believe someone with no coding experience can do? Or perhaps you're both blatant trolls. Yeah, I'm guessing that's probably the case.
06/27/17, 12:06 AM   #15
Jizargo
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Nope, it's meant to ask for something reusable for several players, and not only for 1
You know: It takes quite much time to investigate, build and maintain the addons.
So not every small request will get to a working addon. These ones should be considere to be build by the players on their own then (if they want to).
How is having a public addon only usable for 1 person? Does he have some sort of in game privileged that allows only him to have an addon that reactivates a memento every time it cools down?

If you're going to post in the request section, and you don't have an answer for a search or are willing to code a request, then don't post at all. You're defeating the purpose of this section by telling "every small request" to do it themselves.

I think all 3 of you should be given an infraction for trolling OP's thread. Perhaps this is an on going theme in this section of the forums, but it's not right nor is it warranted. If you're willing to post telling someone to do something, you might as well do it for them or don't post at all. We don't need to see every thread filled with "Do it your self noob" posts. It's sickening, if you want to do something like that how about you take the extra step and make sure they can do it themselves. Go ahead and teach them how to do it themselves. If you aren't going to do that then don't tell them to do it themselves. Because you're in no way fulfilling a request or search you're just trolling.

With all that being said, good day. I'm not looking to argue, and I won't. So don't bother responding to me. Just take what I said with a cup of milk.

Last edited by Jizargo : 06/27/17 at 12:09 AM.
06/27/17, 01:13 AM   #16
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Jizargo View Post
Guess what? I made a request a long time ago for a fallout4 mod where you can shoot limbs off humans like you do synths/ghouls. Someone did the exact same thing and said "Do it your self" then when I explained I can't they replied with "too bad".

A few weeks later, that mod was created by someone who was inspired by my post.
Great, you were lucky in that case. But not every single case will be like that. (And tbh I don't think this case will be, imo there's enough use for it to be picked up by someone) Generally addon requests that are along the lines of 'I know there's this addon that does what I want but I don't want to use it because of this feature or that UI element' are ones that probably won't happen. But other requests that are nit-picky/will clearly take a massive amount of time for little gain are also unlikely to be seen. Making limbs on humans act similar to those on synths or ghouls? Probably just a few lines of code transferring certain features over. Or maybe a copy-paste job. Making an overhaul to the UI? Doing something that the API doesn't explicitly give functions for? Those kind of things take a lot more time and it's not something someone will probably pick up unless they have a personal interest in it.

So for the "Addon search" part, yes redirecting them to addons is fine. However the section ends with "Requests" therefor eliminating the idea or concept of people "doing things themselves". It's called REQUEST for a reason, and if you can't fulfill either the search or request then you have no right posting in this thread, let alone telling people to do it themselves.

And if it is so easy you believe a random person with no knowledge of LUA can do it, then why dont you just do it your self? You were willing to take the time to post in this thread, but you're not willing to take the time to program something so easy that you believe someone with no coding experience can do? Or perhaps you're both blatant trolls. Yeah, I'm guessing that's probably the case.
Making a standalone addon is a lot harder than modifying an existing addon. Someone with limited knowledge of lua can easily change a few values or lines of code to do what they want. Making an addon or even a patch implies you're adding some standards. Stuff you can customize, saved variables, etc. In the momento case, one user can make a script with some time that repeatedly uses one specific, hardcoded momento over and over again. It would take a lot more time to add support for other momentos, possibly make it usable from the list of momentos, etc.

Finally, I'd like to note that I'm not actually saying they need to do it themselves. I'm saying that's just likely the only way some requests might get done. http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7002 -> No answers. Well huh I dunno who's going to make that.Oh and also it wouldn't be the first time someone made an addon for themselves because no one else was making it, probably a good portion of addons here exist because of that.
06/27/17, 02:03 AM   #17
sirinsidiator

Because you're in no way fulfilling a request or search you're just trolling.

With all that being said, good day. I'm not looking to argue, and I won't. So don't bother responding to me. Just take what I said with a cup of milk.
Writing a wall of text that's completely offtopic, doesn't do anything besides fishing for reaction and then telling people you won't accept a response is the epitome of trolling in my opinion. Why not offer to make this yourself instead of snarling at authors who already have made a ton of addons become a reality?

To get back on topic, it sounds interesting and should be doable. In one of my addons I did something similar with a specific emote that would be called again until I interrupt it by moving.

Lua Code:
  1. local function Moisturize()
  2.         if(not IsPlayerMoving()) then
  3.             SLASH_COMMANDS["/bucketsplash"]()
  4.             zo_callLater(Moisturize, 1500)
  5.         end
  6.     end
  7.     SLASH_COMMANDS["/keepmoist"] = Moisturize

It should be possible to do the same with UseCollectible(*integer* _collectibleId_), but instead of just using zo_callLater it's probably better to check if there is an event telling when the cooldown is over. How to get the collectibleId is another problem. It could accept the id as a parameter to a slashcommand, use a settings menu with a dropdown, add an entry to the collectible context menu or even just use the info from the currently selected quickslot. And instead of canceling it when moving, it might be better to make a set of functions to toggle it on and off, but it would also need to listen for failure events (e.g. when in combat or something).

Overall it's a bit more than *just* slapping together a few lines of code and I don't really have time to take care of the request, sorry.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Use Momento On Cooldown?