02/23/14, 09:56 AM   #1
Calad
character names instead of account names......

What I really would like to have:

An addon that shows character names instead of account names in guild- and group chat.
Maybe there could be an option in the guild and group window and guild-/group-leaders can choose which names are shown.
Would that be possible?
Most role-players would be grateful, I'm sure....

I don't have any knowledge about coding so I can't make addons myself. Please help me!

PS: Sorry for my bad English
02/23/14, 10:42 AM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks like it is possible, there is a function called GetGuildMemberCharacterInfo that I suspect will extract the specific characters a guild member has or just the one they are logged in with.
02/23/14, 11:24 AM   #3
Calad
That would be great! Thank you
02/23/14, 01:13 PM   #4
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Hopefully there is a beta weekend this weekend and I can spend some time rigging up some addons. I hate writing code blind, so to speak.
03/04/14, 02:05 AM   #5
Goemoe
Hi there,

my guild would love to see such an addon as well. Is it even possible to see the charakter names in the guild roster as well?
03/04/14, 02:11 AM   #6
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I had a quick look this weekend but only had time to concentrate on the one addon so hopefully a few more beta weekends before it goes live.
03/04/14, 03:55 AM   #7
Bonvido
Yes, please. I second this request - it would be much easier to remember a main's name than an account name.
03/04/14, 02:51 PM   #8
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Rofl it has always been the other way round for our guild as we are a bunch of friends now and what characters we are playing are less important than who is playing so if I do figure it out it would definitely be flaggable to replace the name or append the name.
03/07/14, 05:55 AM   #9
Goemoe
Well, yes, for most players this might be the case. But we don't use voice chats, we add roleplaying to our style of play and we don't care about the account but for the actual character that is being played.
04/02/14, 07:59 AM   #10
Dary
I would love to see an addon like this if it still seems possible! Usually we ask that members have in-character names, but it's kind of hard to enforce that with account names.
04/02/14, 04:18 PM   #11
Ainilome
As a roleplayer with many characters and multiple guilds ... this add on would improve my enjoyment SO much, and I know most of the folks over at TESO-RP.com would download it right away. The forced account names is a big gripe.
04/02/14, 04:36 PM   #12
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I've been looking again and again but cannot see a GUILD_OPEN or GUILD_SHOW event so this may be awhile to figure out as it would mean knowing the names of functions and frames that the Guild Window uses and seeing how they can be hooked into to display alternate name values.
04/03/14, 03:26 PM   #13
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Well, with the server down and unable to work on the gatherer changes before it goes live *sigh*, I thought I would have a look at the globals dump to see if I could see the names of the guild frame and functions that may help do what is possible and it does look promising so far.

["ZO_GuildRosterList"]
["ZO_GuildRosterList1Row1DisplayName"]
["ZO_GuildRosterList1Row19DisplayName"]

Theoretically hooking into the Update routine for the list and then adjusting those values may help.

Will rig up a test run and see what it shows when I test it on the guilds I have access to.

The chat side of this may be a bit more awkward
04/04/14, 01:04 PM   #14
StealthStalker
Ah, missed this when posting my request earlier, but I'm of similar mind in looking for something like this. Not just for guild/group chat, but any type of filter or replacement string that can be customized.

see: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560
04/04/14, 10:33 PM   #15
Ainilome
Just let me know where I can send the box of cupcakes whenever you've figured kit out.
04/04/14, 10:36 PM   #16
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
No joy so far in detecting when guild info is accessible. I have a mini addon rigged up to display a list of guild members if a guild list exists and so far it doesn't seem to.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » character names instead of account names......