11/06/14, 12:48 PM   #1
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
StandAlone Research soft

hi, guys, we already have few ingame addons for research timers and they are very good
i just looking for smthing but external soft, too see the timers ever if you are out of game

i found one very old soft and im not sure it working at all
http://bl4cksh33p-soft.jimdo.com/eng...rch-assistant/

can anyone did smthing like this? i think it worth the time, will be very usefull

Last edited by QuadroTony : 11/06/14 at 12:56 PM.
11/07/14, 05:00 AM   #2
QuadroTony
Banned
is it worth it or not?
at least until you dont research all 9 traits on all items, it is
11/22/14, 06:10 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
any ideas?
11/23/14, 09:23 PM   #4
Sasky
Yes it's doable, but it's a fair amount of work, a different skill set from Lua coding (for better or worse), and has a marginal return of maybe 3min tops for opening the game to check.

The one you listed looks like it's probably manual entry. For something along those lines, you could probably find some generic timer/countdown clock app/program and use that (or even a calendar).
11/26/14, 12:26 PM   #5
rkuhnjr

It can be done as a windows program to read a time dump from an in game addon.
Step 1: Addon dumps your research data on logout or at some specified interval.
Step 2: windows application reads it and updates local db for the completion time of running researches and has various notifications outside the game, popups email etc, that could trigger.

It would require making an executable program that would have to be run on log out each time and left running or setup as a service etc, again all doable but to be honest alot of people shy away from downloads with exe's in the and for good reason and alot of sites wont even allow it with out strict peer review.

So in short there is a lot of overhead to putting something together like that.

Im a c++/C# dev by trade and im off next week so I could probably tinker with it if you are that interested but again you would have to trust me enough to install a service (thats how i would build it for complete automation) that i build on to your machine. Of course i would have to learn the ESO api a bit more to make sure its even feasible but since there are addons for research time im guessing somewhere that is exposed.
11/26/14, 12:40 PM   #6
QuadroTony
Banned
i will test whatever you want, man
if you will decide to write a beta
btw to prevent different questions about viruses etc, - just link the github of your project in the main FAQ of the addon =)
there is few addons with executable soft, like Eso Safe, Guild Store Assistant, and few more, btw
so its not against rulers here

P.S. i bet if this soft will ever appear - it will be very popular addon

P.S.S my skype, if you need - quadro.tony

Last edited by QuadroTony : 11/26/14 at 12:44 PM.
11/26/14, 12:42 PM   #7
rkuhnjr

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
i will test whatever you want, man
if you will decide to write a beta

btw to prevent different questions about viruses etc, - just link the github of your project in the main FAQ of the addon =)

there is few addons with executable soft, like Eso Safe, Guild Store Assistant, and few more, btw
so its not against rulers here

P.S. i bet if this soft ever apper - it will be very popular addon
Sure ill mess with it next week and let you know, I got a whole week to burn.
11/27/14, 03:54 AM   #8
votan

Originally Posted by rkuhnjr View Post
So in short there is a lot of overhead to putting something together like that.
Jep

Im a c++/C# dev by trade and im off next week so I could probably tinker with it if you are that interested but again you would have to trust me enough to install a service (thats how i would build it for complete automation) that i build on to your machine. Of course i would have to learn the ESO api a bit more to make sure its even feasible but since there are addons for research time im guessing somewhere that is exposed.
I was struggling with myself, if I really want to do that.
This was my first idea:
The addon HouseofWinters-TextureViewer has a JSON library included (MIT License).
This may works with System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer to read the saved variable.
The GetTimestamp function returns seconds since 01.01.1970 UTC. This can be converted to DateTime easily.

In order to get rid of an executable, there may be a "build.ps1" powershell script, which uses MSBuild.
I'm not sure, if this is too complicate for users.
11/27/14, 03:59 AM   #9
QuadroTony
Banned
also looks at this addon with .exe soft included
it get sales history from saved variables
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...Assistant.html
11/27/14, 10:24 AM   #10
rkuhnjr

Originally Posted by votan View Post
Jep

I was struggling with myself, if I really want to do that.
This was my first idea:
The addon HouseofWinters-TextureViewer has a JSON library included (MIT License).
This may works with System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer to read the saved variable.
The GetTimestamp function returns seconds since 01.01.1970 UTC. This can be converted to DateTime easily.

In order to get rid of an executable, there may be a "build.ps1" powershell script, which uses MSBuild.
I'm not sure, if this is too complicate for users.

Powershell script might be confusing to your average user, I did some basic application architect models and i changed my mind on the windows service module, instead it will be an executable that the user will run on demand and it will reach out to my hosted API which will handle the notifications and such and provide a web based interface for users to manage them.

The model i decided on will have three part
- The Addon that will collect the research data
- The executable that will allow the user to locally track timers offline as well as an option to send to my api
- And of course the API where i will collect volunteered information and allow users to manage notifications via email
11/29/14, 12:48 AM   #11
rkuhnjr

First roadblock i'm hitting was unexpected.
It would seem that converting LUA table to an object C# can understand is more difficult than it would seem.

I have tried a couple LUA libraries for c# but they do not seem to do what i need them to, which is just read the data from the table, it is very possible my ignorance of lua is hindering this effort as well but as of right now its looking like i would have to build a custom parser to do it.
11/29/14, 03:37 PM   #12
QuadroTony
Banned
The model i decided on will have three part
- The Addon that will collect the research data
- The executable that will allow the user to locally track timers offline as well as an option to send to my api
- And of course the API where i will collect volunteered information and allow users to manage notifications via email
i like this
you feel free pm me about testing, when you will need it
12/04/14, 01:21 AM   #13
rkuhnjr

got a good chunk of it done this week
The basic lua addon is ready (no ui just command line)
The base of the API is stood up and can accept calls from the Windows client to store research data on the server.
and the Windows app is 98% done for initial release (screenshots: http://www.covennex.com/IGOR/ )

I have to make a few more changes and do a push tonight and probably tomorrow i will compile it and zip it up for you to test with

The biggest piece left is the front end web ui to manage notifications, I have to build all that out with registrations and such.

For now I will just manually create an account for you and send you an api key to use in the windows app.

Source code is up on Git hub under two repositories
IGOR - Windows app https://github.com/rkuhnjr/IGOR
IGOR_Web - Web based apps. https://github.com/rkuhnjr/IGOR_Web
12/04/14, 04:46 PM   #14
QuadroTony
Banned
good! i will test it right now

any chance to get Android app?
will be cool

Last edited by QuadroTony : 12/04/14 at 04:52 PM.
12/05/14, 09:13 AM   #15
votan

Originally Posted by QuadroTony View Post
any chance to get Android app?
will be cool
hehe, cool yes...
I can't speak for rkuhnjr , but in future version there may iCalendar mails/download links. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar
So you can add them to your favorite calendar app. (Would be more generic anyway)
But writing and supporting an additional app for free... I don't believe.
12/05/14, 09:42 AM   #16
QuadroTony
Banned
hmm) not for free, obviously
12/05/14, 11:40 AM   #17
rkuhnjr

Yeah i thought of that I a think instead of building an entire app I am going to see if i can setup the website to have downloadable calendar events that the user can import into their phones calendar of choice
Then it leaves the notification management up to the user and already in sync with their phones settings regardless of the OS (windows, IOS, Android)
12/05/14, 12:49 PM   #18
rkuhnjr

You can download the components here
http://www.covennex.com/igor/IGOR.0.1.Components.zip

it includes the Windows Application which requires .net 4.0 and a zip archive of the IGOR Addon for minion or manual install to the addons folder.

Most of it is self explainatory, the Addon has no in game ui yet but you can see what data it loaded with the igor command.

/igor will display the help

igor d will display all the active researches for the currently logged in avatar
/igor da will display all saved researches in the savedvar file.

for the windows application under settings
Saved Var File: Location of the saved variables file created by the addon, it will try to figure this out automatically but it can also be overridden here.

Log Dir: A place to store the dump of logs when you click save logs. Please note that part of a log dump is also a dump of your configured settings intended to help me debug if we need it.

Api username and key will be provided by me for anyone interested in testing the api by uploading their data. Eventually once the front end web is completed these will be part of the registration process.

Api Url is the Api endpoint to send your data to, the Api is open source on Github as well in case others want to expand, or run the entire setup themselves

Start with windows will add the app to the startup
Start minimized will start the app in the sys tray in its minimized state
Auto Upload will upload to the api when ever a change or update is made in researching.

QuadroTony,
I already created you an account and will pm you the key

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » StandAlone Research addon