02/17/19, 03:24 PM   #1
kizmiazz
Master merchant not saving sales history

Hey all,

My Master merchant does not appear to be permanently saving its scan results.

Every time I log in, it tells me that it has 0 records on file and that it must scan my guilds for the first time, after which it proceeds to do a lengthy scan of each of my guilds going back 10 days. I have been using the add on for about 3 weeks and during this time, my sales history has never gone back past 10 days. FYI I am in a couple of very active trading guilds.

I noticed that the MM##Data.lua files in my SavedVariables folder had not been modified in almost 20 days, so I used minion to delete saved variables and reinstall the addon.

Now, even after running a full scan and logging out of the game, there are no MM*.lua files in my SavedVariables folder. This seems like a problem to me.

As for the MM##Data folders in my AddOns folder, they do not seem to have been modified since I reinstalled the add on over an hour ago, even though I have logged in twice and done 2 complete scans prior to logging out each time.

Any idea why my scan data does not appear to be saving to my local disk?

EDIT: SOLVED!

The issue turned out to be my antivirus software.

Specifically, Bitdefender Total Security has a feature called Safe Files which 'protects' the documents folder by default. This seemed to be preventing ESO from writing to the SavedVariables folder even though ESO was given 'Application Access". Disabling this feature entirely allowed all of my addons to update their .lua files when logging out of the game, and thus also fixed the issue with Master Merchant.

Last edited by kizmiazz : 02/18/19 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Added solution
02/17/19, 03:31 PM   #2
BSKCorp
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kizmiazz View Post
Hey all,

My Master merchant does not appear to be permanently saving its scan results.

Every time I log in, it tells me that it has 0 records on file and that it must scan my guilds for the first time, after which it proceeds to do a lengthy scan of each of my guilds going back 10 days. I have been using the add on for about 3 weeks and during this time, my sales history has never gone back past 10 days. FYI I am in a couple of very active trading guilds.

I noticed that the MM##Data.lua files in my SavedVariables folder had not been modified in almost 20 days, so I used minion to delete saved variables and reinstall the addon.

Now, even after running a full scan and logging out of the game, there are no MM*.lua files in my SavedVariables folder. This seems like a problem to me.

As for the MM##Data folders in my AddOns folder, they do not seem to have been modified since I reinstalled the add on over an hour ago, even though I have logged in twice and done 2 complete scans prior to logging out each time.

Any idea why my scan data does not appear to be saving to my local disk?
Suggest you go in manually. Bypass Minnion (that is why I dont use 3rd party apps to do stuff because it's harder to trouble shoot) go to Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>live>SavedVariables - Delete all MM.lua files. Then go back one folder and go to add ons. Delete everything MM. Download from the site, unzip it. go into the new folder you just unzipped. Copy all the MM folders from there into your addons folder. Run the game and should be fix.
02/17/19, 03:34 PM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Be sure to LOGOUT before you change or delete SavedVariable files otherwise the game wil lrebuild them on logoutr/reloadui automatically!
02/17/19, 04:17 PM   #4
kizmiazz
Originally Posted by BSKCorp View Post
Suggest you go in manually. Bypass Minnion (that is why I dont use 3rd party apps to do stuff because it's harder to trouble shoot) go to Documents>Elder Scrolls Online>live>SavedVariables - Delete all MM.lua files. Then go back one folder and go to add ons. Delete everything MM. Download from the site, unzip it. go into the new folder you just unzipped. Copy all the MM folders from there into your addons folder. Run the game and should be fix.
Alright so I did as you instructed and reinstalled the addon manually (while game was closed). I tried logging in multiple times and each time, master merchant says it has zero records and goes on to 'scan my guilds for the first time'. I made sure to leave my game running till the scans were complete before logging off and trying again.

Once again, there are NO master merchant .lua files being created in my SavedVariables folder and the MM##Data folders in my AddOns folder have also not been modified since I installed the addon manually 30 mins ago.

It almost seems like the addon does not have the privileges to write to disk or something, but I have checked all the privileges and everything seems fine.

Any other ideas? Why isn't master merchant creating any .lua files? :/
02/17/19, 04:34 PM   #5
kizmiazz
Also, as it turns out, my game does not seem to be saving any of the changes I make to the MM addon settings. I cant help wondering if these issues are related.
02/17/19, 06:16 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AntiVirus, anti malware: Add the SavedVariables folder to their exclusion list. Seems something blocks the files.
Scan for malware and virus.

Are other addons saving their settings properly? Disable ALL other addons and only test the MM addon, does it save and work then?
02/18/19, 02:28 AM   #7
kizmiazz
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
AntiVirus, anti malware: Add the SavedVariables folder to their exclusion list. Seems something blocks the files.
Scan for malware and virus.

Are other addons saving their settings properly? Disable ALL other addons and only test the MM addon, does it save and work then?
Turns out you were 100% correct.

The issue turned out to be my antivirus software.

Specifically, Bitdefender Total Security has a feature called Safe Files which 'protects' the documents folder by default. This seemed to be preventing ESO from writing to the SavedVariables folder even though ESO was given 'Application Access". Disabling this feature entirely allowed all of my addons to update their .lua files when logging out of the game, and thus also fixed the issue with Master Merchant.
02/18/19, 03:30 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ah, now that you name the antivirus I remember having read this Bitdefender stuff in the forums (or ESO official forums) too.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master merchant not saving sales history