02/17/19, 05:09 PM   #1
philliy
ESO won't detect my addons, tried everything

A couple of days ago I uninstalled an antivirus from my pc. Beforehand I had no issues with Minon or ESO detecting my addons. Now, I check and did a scan on my pc to make sure I did not have a virus/malware.
So now I am here to find out why ESO won't detect any addons I download. It won't even work for Minion.

I have tried everything suggested in previous threads, and none of them have worked. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ESO three times now. The funny thing is when I log back into the game after installing it, twice it has shown one addon, but when I log back out to manually install another addon to test it, the addon screen in game shows up blank.

I've looked in One Drive and nothing from ESO is there.
The path and folder I've directed the addons to are the same mentioned in the previous threads I read.

Right now I am at a lost. Are there any other suggestions? I have tried EVERYTHING!
02/17/19, 06:07 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Search for UserSettings.txt on all harddrives and see which folders you get.
In there should be the AddOns folder and in there the addons.

Or read this wiki thread:

Find the AddOns folder inside your ESO folder (if it doesn't exist, start up the game once, and it will create it for you):
To find the folder "AddOns" read this wiki entry: https://wiki.esoui.com/UserFolder
It is a subfolder of the UserFolder.

Try the Explorer link mentioned in there to open your documents folder where the elder scrolls online folder should be in.

Are you using Minion to install addons? Does it find any folder? If not reset the Minion.xml file (search and delete it) and start with a new Minion try.
If you are installing the addons manually:

Be sure that the extracted ZIP files only extract the folder INSIDE the zip archive, and won't create a folder named like ther zip archive + then put the contents of the zip archive in it.
e.g. zip archive name is "FCOItemSaver_v1_4_51.zip". In there is a folder FCOItemSaver.
If you extract the zip archive now to the AddOns folder (e.g. c:\users\philliy\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns) it should only contain the folder FCOItemSaver.
But it should not look like this: FCOItemSaver_v1_4_51\FCOItemSaver

Code:
Correct:
c:\users\philliy\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\FCOItemSaver

Wrong:
c:\users\philliy\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\FCOItemSaver_v1_4_51\FCOItemSaver
02/19/19, 02:01 PM   #3
philliy
@Baertram

What you recommend worked! Minon and the addons are working once again. Thank you!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » ESO won't detect my addons, tried everything