04/28/14, 09:37 PM   #1
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any luck with scrolling DDLs?

I'm trying to get this code (via Xrystal and Seerah in another thread) to scroll an emote list. Basically replacing the home-grown DDL I generated for this a few versions back. The problem is the popup, or drop down, uses ZO_ComboBox and that doesn't provide scrolling support, height or width settings.

Code:
UIDDL = function( name, parent, data, selected, callBack )
    local combo = WINDOW_MANAGER:CreateControlFromVirtual( parent:GetName()..name, parent , "ZO_StatsDropdownRow" )
    combo:SetAnchor(CENTER)
    combo:GetNamedChild("Dropdown"):SetWidth(100)

combo.selected = combo.name
    combo.selected:SetFont("ZoFontGame")

combo.dropdown = combo.dropdown
    combo.dropdown:SetFont("ZoFontGame")
    if selected then combo.dropdown:SetSelectedItem(selected) end

combo.dropdown.OnSelect = function(self,value)
	callBack( value )
    end

for i = 1,#data do
        local entry = combo.dropdown:CreateItemEntry(data[i],combo.dropdown.OnSelect)
        combo.dropdown:AddItem(entry)
    end
    return combo
end
So either one of you fine people have a workaround for this or I'm going to have to jimmy the click event to display my own popup instead, which I really don't want to do. Thanks in advance folks
04/29/14, 10:52 AM   #2
Iyanga
Even the UI cheats and uses a button in a label to display/hide a scroll control.
04/30/14, 11:04 AM   #3
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'll post some code later but here's what I ended up doing last night:

Create the base object using CreateControlFromVirtual on ZO_StatsDropdownRow

Wrapped an if-else around the "for i = 1,#data do" block as before, based on a new parameter: scrollSupport (bool)

If scrollSupport was requested, I don't do the standard data insert block. Instead I override the "OnClicked" event of the "DropdownOpenDropdown" named child, which is the arrow in the dropdown box. With that I:

1 - Call an "item" Func 5 times
2 - Position those items one on top of another, below the dropdown
3 - Attach a vertical slider to the inner right edge of the 1st item, overlaying all of them

The "item" Func creates a Backdrop with a Label on top.
Each one is "static" and doesn't change, hide, move, etc.
Each one carries it's own handling of OnMouseWheel, OnMouseEnter, OnMouseExit, OnMouseDown (click doesn't work unless I built a button, but I didn't want the extra overhead).

To handle the scrolling I trigger movement based on OnMouseWheel over an "item" label, or the slider. For each movement I find the top-level data element that SHOULD be displayed and set it's text to item1, then cascade that to items 2 through 5 sequentially down the data's table, basically just changing the SetText of each label so that the objects never change/move, just the displayed value.

The OnMouseDown of each item cascades to the outer Dropdown's callBackFunc() function, which calls the external Callback to return the value that was clicked... all based on item's GetText().

And the entire scrolling drop-down thing is singular, and simply re-parents whenever a different DDL wants use of it.

I'll post code later when I get home. I'm very happy with the results. It basically results in 12 controls that repurpose themselves, show & layer appropriately and handle scrolling of even thousands of data items instantly with no performance hit.

This will be making its way through all of my addons very shortly.
04/30/14, 12:37 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
This sounds like the FauxScrollFrame in WoW.
04/30/14, 12:39 PM   #5
Stormknight

I like the sound of it Wykkyd, sounds really nice.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Any luck with scrolling DDLs?