08/02/14, 09:44 PM   #1
SFBryan18

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
error

When I install the beta, and also this new alpha, I get error loading jvm.dll and it closes. Windows 7 Home 64bit.
08/02/14, 09:55 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by SFBryan18 View Post
When I install the beta, and also this new alpha, I get error loading jvm.dll and it closes. Windows 7 Home 64bit.
Then sorry to say this thread is not for you. If you also get a MSVCR100.dll error then you have a problem with your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and I'd suggest uninstalling that and downloading the 2010 version and re-installing. Either way just search our forum for "jvm.dll" and you'll find some good trouble shooting threads to respond to if not please create a new thread.

Thanks.
08/02/14, 10:15 PM   #3
SFBryan18

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Then sorry to say this thread is not for you. If you also get a MSVCR100.dll error then you have a problem with your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and I'd suggest uninstalling that and downloading the 2010 version and re-installing. Either way just search our forum for "jvm.dll" and you'll find some good trouble shooting threads to respond to if not please create a new thread.

Thanks.
My computer is newer than 2010.
08/02/14, 10:20 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by SFBryan18 View Post
My computer is newer than 2010.
Doesn't matter, thats a library that is required by Minion and some other applications (usually other games install it for you since its a very common library). You need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2010. Newer versions are missing the required MSVCR100.dll that JVM is looking for. Minion should have asked to install this during the install process.

I'm going to move your posts to a new thread to keep things sane.
08/02/14, 10:22 PM   #5
SFBryan18

Doesn't matter, thats a library that is required by Minion and some other applications (usually other games install it for you since its a very common library). You need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2010. Newer versions are missing the required MSVCR100.dll that JVM is looking for. Minion should have asked to install this during the install process.
And I get it from Microsoft's website?
08/02/14, 10:27 PM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yes however you didnt answer my question. Are you also getting a missing MSVCR100.dll error? If the answer below is no you are not getting a MSVCR100.dll error as well then the link below wont help you. Please let me know.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=14632

Last edited by Dolby : 08/02/14 at 10:32 PM.
08/02/14, 10:41 PM   #7
SFBryan18

Yes however you didnt answer my question. Are you also getting a missing MSVCR100.dll error? If the answer below is no you are not getting a MSVCR100.dll error as well then the link below wont help you. Please let me know.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=14632
First error says "error loading jvm.dll"

Second error says "Failed to launch JVM"

That's all.
08/02/14, 10:48 PM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah then you are plagued with the same issue with the people in this thread. Unfortunately we have been having a lot of trouble reproducing this and tracking it down to fix it.

Can you uninstall minion and try to install the x86 version (32bit) and let me know if you get the same error?

http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.11_x86-beta.exe

Also did Minion ever work for you on this computer? If so when was the last time you used it?

Last edited by Dolby : 08/02/14 at 10:52 PM.
08/02/14, 10:56 PM   #9
SFBryan18

Yeah then you are plagued with the same issue with the people in this thread. Unfortunately we have been having a lot of trouble reproducing this and tracking it down to fix it.

Can you uninstall minion and try to install the x86 version (32bit) and let me know if you get the same error?

http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.11_x86-beta.exe

Also did Minion ever work for you on this computer? If so when was the last time you used it?
This one worked. Thanks!
08/02/14, 10:58 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting, even though you have a 64bit system Java is running in 32bit mode on your computer.

I'll have to look at how to detect this on our download webpage so we offer the correct version.

Glad its working for you now

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Error Loading jvm.dll