07/06/22, 12:07 PM   #1
jrgorms
Master Merchant Not working after last patch

I have all the dependencies needed. It just stopped working. Suggestions? Thank you
Here is the error I get:

user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:979: operator .. is not supported for string .. nil
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:979: in function 'MMScrollList:SetupReportsRow'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{automaticallyColorRows = T}, control = ud, data = [table:2]{1 = 155254}, dataTable = [table:3]{}, actualItem = [table:4]{seller = 8, price = 4800, quant = 1, itemLink = 6289, guild = 156, timestamp = 1654723725}, currentSeller = "@brianmschuster", actualItemIcon = "/esoui/art/icons/gear_dragongu...", fontString = "$(PROSE_ANTIQUE_FONT)|%d" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1058: in function 'setupCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud, data = [table:2] </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2451: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 570, activeControls = [table:5]{}, offset = 0, IS_REAL_NUMBER = F, activeIndex = 1, numActive = 0, allData = [table:6]{}, visibleDataIndices = [table:7]{1 = 1}, mode = 1, firstInViewVisibleIndex = 1, nextCandidateVisibleIndex = 9, currentDataIndex = 9, dataEntry = [table:8]{typeId = 1}, bottomEdge = 570, controlTop = 288, uniformControlHeight = 36, dataType = [table:9]{selectable = T, height = 36}, controlPool = [table:10]{m_NextControlId = 9, m_NextFree = 10}, control = ud </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2207: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 570, selectionsEnabled = F, scrollableDistance = -66, foundSelected = F, i = 0 </Locals>|r
(tail call): ?
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:154: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:CommitScrollList'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], scrollData = [table:6] </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_SortFilterList/ZO_SortFilterList.lua:137: in function 'ZO_SortFilterList:RefreshData'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1] </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1063: in function 'MMScrollList:InitializeDataType'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1], controlName = "MasterMerchantReportsWindow" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1068: in function 'MMScrollList:New'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:11]{__isAbstractClass = F}, control = ud, skList = [table:1] </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:3578: in function 'MasterMerchant:SetupScrollLists'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:12]{AwesomeGuildStoreDetected = T, oneYearInSeconds = 31104000, isFirstScan = F, guildSalesViewMode = "guild_vm", USE_BONANZA = 4, USE_TTC_AVERAGE = 2, reportsViewMode = "posted_vm", guildsViewSize = "guild_vs", viewer = F, itemsViewSize = "items_vs", USE_MM_AVERAGE = 3, personalSalesViewMode = "self_vm", listingsViewSize = "listings_vs", reportsCanceledViewMode = "canceled_vm", name = "MasterMerchant", supported_lang = T, USE_DEFAULT_FORMAT = 1, reportsPostedViewMode = "posted_vm", coinIcon = "|t16:16:EsoUI/Art/currency/cur...", purchasesViewSize = "purchases_vs", listingsViewMode = "listings_vm", USE_CONDENSED_FORMAT = 2, USE_MM_TTC_FORMAT = 3, isInitialized = F, USE_TTC_SUGGESTED = 1, client_lang = "en", effective_lang = "en", reportsViewSize = "reports_vs", version = "3.7.02", purchasesViewMode = "purchases_vm", salesViewMode = "self_vm", guildList = "Ankle Biters, Auction House Ce...", customTimeframeText = "90 Days"} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:3755: in function 'MasterMerchant:InitScrollLists'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:12] </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant.lua:3664: in function 'Queue'
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:35: in function 'lib:Next'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:13]{Wait = 20, Paused = F}, nextFunc = [table:14]{2 = "InitScrollLists"} </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/Libs/LibExecutionQueue/LibExecutionQueue.lua:36: in function 'func'
/EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:244: in function '(anonymous)'
07/06/22, 12:17 PM   #2
QwertyThe
Also failing for me after picking up the update last ebening. although the error I'm getting is with a nil dereference.

How does one get the text out of the UI error chat window? I would post it here if I could select and copy it but all I can do is dismiss the window.
07/06/22, 01:05 PM   #3
Sharlikran

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For both of you your data is corrupted because of something that the game did. There are sticky posts that mentioned that this is the wrong way to ask for help for anything. You should have read previous posts in the MM comments and asked your question there. Which had you gone there, my sticky post says don't post the error at all. You are supposed to provide a link and there are instructions on what to do when reporting an error.

So I'm going to ask one of the moderators to delete this and go ahead and post in the comments section.

However, for you guys I can tell the data because corrupt. There's previous posts where people have similar issues and there's a solution to resolve this when the files become corrupted.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/06/22 at 01:30 PM.
07/06/22, 01:46 PM   #4
QwertyThe
My apologies for piling on. I will endeavor to find the relevant posts describing what to do.
07/06/22, 02:21 PM   #5
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by QwertyThe View Post
My apologies for piling on. I will endeavor to find the relevant posts describing what to do.
If you can't please ask and I am happy to help.
07/06/22, 02:38 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Simply press the key to switch between mouse cursor and other mode, and then mark the text with the mouse and copy it via ctrl+c to the clipboard.
And if you post it here PLEASE surround it with the code block.

But as Sharlikran already asked you, AND the sticky forum posts named "READ first before posting addon errors..." tells you, please post at the addon comments section.

Before doing this check if others posted it already there and then just wait if you cannot add more info to solve the bug. Also please read the sticky addon comments first as in there you'll find instructions what to do if...

Thanks for following these best practices to make error fixing easy and less stressy for all of us.

Always read first, then post. Simple rules.

Originally Posted by QwertyThe View Post
Also failing for me after picking up the update last ebening. although the error I'm getting is with a nil dereference.

How does one get the text out of the UI error chat window? I would post it here if I could select and copy it but all I can do is dismiss the window.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/07/22 at 01:04 AM.
07/06/22, 03:08 PM   #7
QwertyThe
This is embarrassing

So I found the MM comments post and was most of the way through sending the debug logs but when I brought up the MM AddOn section to confirm the version I saw it showing a dependency error. LibDateTime was not installed! I installed it with Minion and my nil dereference problem when away. As a double check I went back to Minion, uninstalled and logged back in. The identical problem was back. I'm sort of surprised that MM could have run before with this missing but that seems to have been the trouble. I hope ...

Thanks for all the advice. I at least know where to look for the details on provide an error report in the future.
07/06/22, 05:52 PM   #8
Sharlikran

Yeah that's in the change log that LibDateTime is required. I may remove it again. However, it's also required for Awesome Guild Store so not sure how many people don't have it already.

For jrgorms his may be corrupt files though.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/07/22 at 04:35 AM.
07/07/22, 09:46 AM   #9
jrgorms
Aplogies

My apologies for posting my error message here. I will go back and read the sticky and follow the directions.
I'm not very computer savvy but will endeavor to try and resolve this. I love the addon and it was very useful for me previously.
Please feel free to have my original post deleted or moved as you see fit.

Thank you,
Jayne - aka jrgorms

FOLLOW UP - I found the MM section, searched, followed the recommended procedure and it works PERFECTLY!! TYTY xx

Last edited by jrgorms : 07/07/22 at 12:50 PM. Reason: addition to post
09/25/22, 12:45 AM   #10
doru
Originally Posted by jrgorms View Post
My apologies for posting my error message here. I will go back and read the sticky and follow the directions.
I'm not very computer savvy but will endeavor to try and resolve this. I love the addon and it was very useful for me previously.
Please feel free to have my original post deleted or moved as you see fit.

Thank you,
Jayne - aka jrgorms

FOLLOW UP - I found the MM section, searched, followed the recommended procedure and it works PERFECTLY!! TYTY xx
Could you please post the link of the fix, please? I have the exact same error (actually string of errors just like yours). Identical to a "t". But I can't find the "fix". Used and use forums, I know about search first, but I simply can't find it.

Thanks
09/25/22, 05:03 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...t3.0.html#info
Master Merchant 3.0 Documentation

You can read about Master Merchant 3.0 at this website for Master Merchant.
https://esouimods.github.io/3-master_merchant.html

If you need further assistance please follow the Bug reports: of MM:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Read the sticky first comment and follow the links and info there below "Reporting Errors".

Last edited by Baertram : 09/25/22 at 05:06 AM.
04/20/23, 09:07 AM   #12
Godoross
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:970: operator .. is not supported for string .. nil
|rstack traceback:
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:970: in function 'MMScrollList:SetupReportsRow'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = [table:1]{automaticallyColorRows = T}, control = ud, data = [table:2]{1 = 135147}, dataTable = [table:3]{}, actualItem = [table:4]{itemLink = 15425, price = 74950, timestamp = 1672754128, guild = 83, seller = 91, quant = 50}, currentSeller = "@mendax1337", actualItemIcon = "/esoui/art/icons/jewelrycrafti...", fontString = "$(PROSE_ANTIQUE_FONT)|%d" </Locals>|r
user:/AddOns/MasterMerchant/MasterMerchant_UI.lua:1049: in function 'setupCallback'
|caaaaaa<Locals> control = ud, data = [table:2] </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2451: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_UpdateScroll'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 540, activeControls = [table:5]{}, offset = 0, IS_REAL_NUMBER = F, activeIndex = 1, numActive = 0, allData = [table:6]{}, visibleDataIndices = [table:7]{1 = 1}, mode = 1, firstInViewVisibleIndex = 1, nextCandidateVisibleIndex = 2, currentDataIndex = 2, dataEntry = [table:8]{typeId = 1}, bottomEdge = 540, controlTop = 36, uniformControlHeight = 36, dataType = [table:9]{height = 36, selectable = T}, controlPool = [table:10]{m_NextControlId = 14, m_NextFree = 15}, control = ud </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:2207: in function 'ZO_ScrollList_Commit'
|caaaaaa<Locals> self = ud, windowHeight = 540, selectionsEnabled = F, scrollableDistance = -468, foundSelected = F, i = 0 </Locals>|r
/EsoUI/Libraries/ZO_Templates/ScrollTemplates.lua:780: in function 'OnScreenResized'
04/20/23, 10:35 AM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hello Godoross, PLEASE READ before posting!
If you just put a wall of text without any more information HERE at the forums: Do not expect this to be fixed in the addon soon.

It's not that hard to see the links "where to post", as it was already there, 1 post above yours...
The links also mention "what to post" and "how to post" so that Shalikran is able to help you.
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=11

Thanks for following the rules and ease the handling for the addon devs, so that you get proper support for the addon.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/20/23 at 10:38 AM.
07/04/23, 11:15 AM   #14
MasterFreeze
Where do i have to post the link?
07/04/23, 02:10 PM   #15
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by MasterFreeze View Post
Where do i have to post the link?
This is a pretty old post like a year and two months old. I know the MM comments are closed but the site admins and I are trying to work through some issues.

So there is no patch or update that is causing any issues. You probably have had one of your files reset or corrupted.

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10611

Most likely that post will help and the solution is one button click and then wait for the refresh to finish.

On the Master Merchant description page there is a link to the documentation: https://esouimods.github.io/3-master_merchant.html

You should really consider reading the docs because I have updated it recently. It suggests to backup your data. Also there is a new section I pieced together recently to help prevent OneDrive from trying to backup your Documents folder. OneDrive can not handle all the changes to the files and people's internet most likely would go nuts trying to sync everything all the time.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 07/04/23 at 02:49 PM.
07/05/23, 09:55 AM   #16
MasterFreeze
Thanks for your fast response , the "Reset LibGuildStore Data" helped and fixed my problem

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Master Merchant Not working after last patch