07/09/19, 07:58 AM   #1
JN Slevin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Request / Seach] Automated / Easier Guild Rank Management

Hello, i am looking for an Addon that eases the way Guild Ranks are distributed.

Right now if i have 8 Guild ranks and i want to promote someone to the highest Rank i have to click 8 Times on "promote" wihout sending to much pings to the server, otherwise i get kicked.

So im looking for an addon that either:
  1. lets me define Ranks per Sales and assigns a rank automatically upon pressing a button
  2. Gives me the option to choose one of my ranks to automatically promote / demote that member to that rank, or
  3. Gives me Buttons to promote / demote a Member, but that has to be protectet to prevent me from getting kicked

I searched the forum and the only thread i found was this one:

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...highlight=rank

Thank you for any responds!

Sincerly JN_Slevin
07/09/19, 12:28 PM   #2
ziggr

Keep those rank promotion/demotion API calls throttled

A year ago in June 2018, I had a similar need. Did all my rank calculations in a spreadsheet where we had all the data such as contributions to the guild and join dates. Wrote a quick add-on to turn that spreadsheet into GuildDemote()/GuildPromote() API calls.

Boom. "Error 307 Booted from Server" 10-minute ban.

I had to severely throttle calls to GuildDemote()/GuildPromote(), no more than one user's worth every 10 seconds. Even 5 seconds was too frequent, probably for the users who jumped several ranks in one week.

PS: No, I never published the add-on. It's a cheesy hack filled with hardcoded constants specific to my guild roster at that point in time, not useful as a general public add-on.

Last edited by ziggr : 07/09/19 at 12:39 PM.
07/09/19, 02:16 PM   #3
JN Slevin

Originally Posted by ziggr View Post
A year ago in June 2018, I had a similar need. Did all my rank calculations in a spreadsheet where we had all the data such as contributions to the guild and join dates. Wrote a quick add-on to turn that spreadsheet into GuildDemote()/GuildPromote() API calls.

Boom. "Error 307 Booted from Server" 10-minute ban.

I had to severely throttle calls to GuildDemote()/GuildPromote(), no more than one user's worth every 10 seconds. Even 5 seconds was too frequent, probably for the users who jumped several ranks in one week.

PS: No, I never published the add-on. It's a cheesy hack filled with hardcoded constants specific to my guild roster at that point in time, not useful as a general public add-on.
I think it was an Issue with too many Pings to the Server, but im no Programmer.. Im just repeating what i read^^

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request / Seach] Automated / Easier Guild Rank Management