08/12/14, 11:59 PM   #1
jace888

REQUEST: Guild Bank ADD ON

Can someone please program an add on for the guild bank that will show who deposited each item. i.e., if you hover over an item, the name of the person will show up that deposited it?

Thanks!
08/13/14, 03:04 AM   #2
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We could at tops approxmiate that data. We could tell you who withdrew/deposited this kind of item based on the guild logs.

However last I heard staackable items (especially Style materials) don't have a single, unambigious ID. They have several different ID's per stack, making it impossible to properly identify them.
Also the transfer log afaik had a total limit to how many actions it would contain.
08/13/14, 05:25 PM   #3
jace888

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
We could at tops approxmiate that data. We could tell you who withdrew/deposited this kind of item based on the guild logs.

However last I heard staackable items (especially Style materials) don't have a single, unambigious ID. They have several different ID's per stack, making it impossible to properly identify them.
Also the transfer log afaik had a total limit to how many actions it would contain.
Well, anything would be better than nothing, I think. It should work reasonably well, especially if you didn't go in and stack things randomly but by who actually deposited the items. Is that possible?
08/13/14, 06:38 PM   #4
merlight
IMO it's not possible. First, the data would be inevitably incomplete, unless you're online 24/7. Second, there's no way to tell who deposited which stack of the same item type. You could have the tooltip list all deposits of that item type and who deposited how many, but then we're back to incomplete data, which would eventually have to be pruned somehow, so that you don't accumulate 2 million lockpick deposits. Honestly I think even if such addon was possible, it'd be essentially useless.

If you want to know who's the Santa and who's the Leech in your guild, a guild history archiver addon is possible (edit: not 100% history, only what you see when you're online). I'm doing that with guild store sales, I think DataDaedra does the same.

Last edited by merlight : 08/13/14 at 06:41 PM.
08/13/14, 07:16 PM   #5
jace888

Originally Posted by merlight View Post
IMO it's not possible. First, the data would be inevitably incomplete, unless you're online 24/7. Second, there's no way to tell who deposited which stack of the same item type. You could have the tooltip list all deposits of that item type and who deposited how many, but then we're back to incomplete data, which would eventually have to be pruned somehow, so that you don't accumulate 2 million lockpick deposits. Honestly I think even if such addon was possible, it'd be essentially useless.

If you want to know who's the Santa and who's the Leech in your guild, a guild history archiver addon is possible (edit: not 100% history, only what you see when you're online). I'm doing that with guild store sales, I think DataDaedra does the same.
Actually it wasn't for finding santa/leeches...it was an attempt at having another "personal" bank using a guild bank between trusted players.
08/13/14, 07:51 PM   #6
Randactyl
Originally Posted by jace888 View Post
Actually it wasn't for finding santa/leeches...it was an attempt at having another "personal" bank using a guild bank between trusted players.
in that case, an addon could be written to keep track of what you have personally deposited into the guild bank.
Every guild member would have to have the addon and be completely honest on deposits/witdrawals.
The first problem i see is withdrawing say your 4 lockpicks from a stack of 20. Although, the addon could be written to take care of withdrawing partial stacks (and stacking the items to begin with).
As has been stated, none of this data would be sent to or persist on the server. So you would have no idea who the other 16 lockpicks belonged to unless they told you.
08/13/14, 11:09 PM   #7
jace888

Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
in that case, an addon could be written to keep track of what you have personally deposited into the guild bank.
Every guild member would have to have the addon and be completely honest on deposits/witdrawals.
The first problem i see is withdrawing say your 4 lockpicks from a stack of 20. Although, the addon could be written to take care of withdrawing partial stacks (and stacking the items to begin with).
As has been stated, none of this data would be sent to or persist on the server. So you would have no idea who the other 16 lockpicks belonged to unless they told you.
Yes, yes...that is what I'm looking for! I figured everyone would have to have the add on.
08/14/14, 04:29 AM   #8
merlight
That would be a smart way to overcome limited bank space. Oh how I hate limited bank space

Originally Posted by Randactyl View Post
I'm not telling you to write that, but it could even have it's Advanced Filter: "My items in guild bank"
08/14/14, 04:44 AM   #9
zgrssd
Yes, yes...that is what I'm looking for! I figured everyone would have to have the add on.
That is a lot more possible.

It should be doable by just hooking into the two functions:
TransferToGuildBank(integer sourceBag, integer sourceSlot)
TransferFromGuildBank(integer slotId)
I am just not sure how to figure out if the transfer was succesfull or not. Maybe catching and releasing the exception?

Also there are these events, but I have no idea if they are fired for every change or only the ones you yourself made:
EVENT_GUILD_BANK_ITEM_ADDED (integer eventCode, integer slotId)
EVENT_GUILD_BANK_ITEM_REMOVED (integer eventCode, integer slotId)
EVENT_GUILD_BANK_TRANSFER_ERROR (integer eventCode, integer reason)
EVENT_GUILD_BANK_UPDATED_QUANTITY (integer eventCode, integer slotId)
EVENT_GUILD_BANKED_MONEY_UPDATE (integer eventCode, integer newBankedMoney, integer oldBankedMoney)

I would have to do some test before I know more.
08/14/14, 10:22 AM   #10
jace888

I am just not sure how to figure out if the transfer was succesfull or not. Maybe catching and releasing the exception?

Also there are these events, but I have no idea if they are fired for every change or only the ones you yourself made:
EVENT_GUILD_BANKED_MONEY_UPDATE (integer eventCode, integer newBankedMoney, integer oldBankedMoney)

Great! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! Thank you!

Jace
08/20/14, 10:13 AM   #11
jace888

Any luck?

Having any luck with this?
09/12/14, 11:18 AM   #12
jace888

Anyone working on this?

I was just wondering because it looks like it sort of stalled. Would really like to see this come to fruition! Please??
09/12/14, 12:20 PM   #13
Ayantir

Not doable, the events only triggers when you are running the game.

And for EVENT_GUILD_BANK_*, the surely only be triggered when you interact with banker and on the related guild. (or it will be a huge netcode fantasy).

Quick scenario :

Player 1 depose item A in bank
> 100 deposits after

You log in :

- History has been truncated, so you cannot see who put item A in bank.

Then, after, items got their unique ID, but after a single restack (and in my guild , we always restack), the ID is lost. And furthermore, i've just searched into ui code, looks like itemID is not accessible at all.
09/12/14, 01:30 PM   #14
Halja

FYI: The guild function, events and history records durations are changing in the next version 1.4.X.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...log-pts#latest

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » REQUEST: Guild Bank ADD ON