08/01/16, 06:38 AM   #1
QuadroTony
Banned
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Some addons - cheat? do you agreed with:

what you can say guys about this funny message?

The Add-on provides what is called a system break. In a system break you can insert your own lines of programming. There are passive and aggressive Add-ons. An example of a passive program is the one I was using to show me what attacks were happening to me. This will only effect my connection speed because it is only reporting what is happening to me. There are aggressive add-ons as well. One I use in PvE is the CraftStore add-on. What this does is provides a program break that allows me to enter a variable of how many items I wish to cook. The "program" not the "player" then takes over by supplying the "pressing of the E button" so I don't have to. This means the program is working as a player interface selecting a variable so I do not have to. If you use an Add-on that is selecting lets say 1 through 5 and R you are using an aggressive add-on that can lag the game for other players in the game. Because the "program" not "you" is selecting that variable over and over and over. It is the difference between pressing the number 1 and holding down the number 111111111111111111. The system has a vast number of checks that it is doing each time a combat key is pressed and if you have a program spamming those numbers you are in fact crowding out all other processes in that area of effect and thus "CHEATING".
I have a degree in electronic engineering. I started programming in the 8th grade back in 1982. I have learned Assembly Language Programming, DOS, PASCAL, and BASIC all before the age of 19. So when I tell you that anytime you allow a system break in a program you are providing loopholes for abuse trust me I know what I am saying. I also am very familiar with "Scripting". Back in the day when all there was were TEXT based games I created scripts that allowed my characters to level while I was at work. Again I know what I am talking about.

Last edited by QuadroTony : 08/01/16 at 06:44 AM.
08/01/16, 07:00 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What is the difference between manually pressing the r key several times after each other, and an addon that is doing this for you?
The addon is just "simulating" your keypress and is waiting several milliseconds in between. Otherwise you'll get kicked from the server (like pressing the r key several times in a second will do the same after some time).

Imo this is no cheating as the addons are not able to do this in combat, with skills or whatever. It's all about crafting and out-of-combat stuff.

Or perhaps I don't see the time benefit as cheating. You won't level faster because of this and you won't have any other benefits.

If he/she doesn't like the addon he/she could still switch to the console game
08/01/16, 07:05 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

obvious troll is obvious
08/01/16, 07:15 AM   #4
QuadroTony
Banned
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
obvious troll is obvious
thing is, that guy is not troll
08/01/16, 07:19 AM   #5
Ayantir

The Add-on provides what is called a system break
True, but wanted by design. It's ZOS who enabled that feature, not us who breaked the system.

In a system break you can insert your own lines of programming.
That's its purpose

There are passive and aggressive Add-ons.
Subjective quote.

Lua Code:
  1. while true do end -- is passive and aggressive

An example of a passive program is the one I was using to show me what attacks were happening to me. This will only effect my connection speed because it is only reporting what is happening to me
Not really.

1st. An addon cannot be considered as passive. It exists, so it have an influence, like in science. The simple fact of its presence alter the result.

2nd This doesn't affect the connecton speed. Because all data used to " show me what attacks were happening to me " are already sent from the server to the client, its C++ side. And its Lua side aswell. You know what's updating your Health bar. it's the same thing. So no, no "effect (on your) connection speed"

There are aggressive add-ons as well. One I use in PvE is the CraftStore add-on.
That's not nice for his author.

What this does is provides a program break that allows me to enter a variable of how many items I wish to cook.
Great feature, isn't it ? Accepted by the editor.

Because the "program" not "you" is selecting that variable over and over and over. It is the difference between pressing the number 1 and holding down the number 111111111111111111
A good dev know what are the consequences of a user playing with his mousewheel on a bad code. I suggest you to look at that kind of exemples.

The system has a vast number of checks that it is doing each time a combat key is pressed and if you have a program spamming those numbers you are in fact crowding out all other processes in that area of effect and thus "CHEATING".
You decompiled executable and have a root access to servers to say this? There is checks in some places, there isn't in some others.

I have a degree in electronic engineering. I started programming in the 8th grade back in 1982. I have learned Assembly Language Programming, DOS, PASCAL, and BASIC all before the age of 19. So when I tell you that anytime you allow a system break in a program you are providing loopholes for abuse trust me I know what I am saying. I also am very familiar with "Scripting". Back in the day when all there was were TEXT based games I created scripts that allowed my characters to level while I was at work. Again I know what I am talking about.
I could quote my life. I don't have any diplom in coding, but only in Sysadmin. I started coding at 8. Yeah, I wanted to play to those Amiga games really.

But I wasn't born in 1982.
You learned assembly language ? You should post on kernel.org , you know top tier contributors in that place are engaged by

3) "Major business company"
2) Their government. (US Citizen, you can add NSA)
1) Google Inc (Yeah.. "Alphabet" now, it sucks)

DOS, PASCAL and Basic, ahhw, it reminds me my teachers , Pascal is nice to understand the basis.

But DOS, Pascal and Basic shouldn't be learned to young devs.

Algorithm experienced students, Users of popular langages ?

Replace DOS with Shell and Powershell ?
Replace Basic with Php, C++, C#, jQuery, SQL, node.js, Python, Perl maybe.
Learn how to build Smartphone Apps, Have a look on SQL and how to build a SQL DB, SAP or Oracle scripts. Learn the MassData approch, the NoSQL solution. Cloud programming ?

Back in the day when all there was were TEXT based games I created scripts that allowed my characters to level while I was at work. Again I know what I am talking about.
There is a good game on steam for us, Game Dev Tycoon. Try it?

Again I know what I am talking about.
That's the most important.

PS: Quadro, do you have the link of the original thread ? It was fun to read.
08/01/16, 07:23 AM   #6
QuadroTony
Banned
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...d-exploits/p45

repost your answer there, Ayantir
but dont forget to @tag that guy
08/01/16, 07:52 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
@QuadroTony

I did not answer at the official forums, but only at this thread at www.esoui.com HERE!
So why did you copy my answer to the official forums?

I'd like to decide where I post my stuff on my own and I'd like you to respect this. Thank you.

If you need arguments to troll the user at the official forum go learn the stuff, make yourself a mind and present him some facts. But stop using us or others for your needs, will you?

Thank you very much.
08/01/16, 07:54 AM   #8
QuadroTony
Banned
ok! btw why you didnt post on official forum - you didnt like it?
08/01/16, 08:02 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't like to feed the trolls and read all the stupid and annoying threads and post over there.
On the other side. If it's interesting to read I'll read it. It it's something I like to answer I answer.
But this thread is obviously not worth the time.

You should go and spend the time learning lua
08/01/16, 08:20 AM   #10
QuadroTony
Banned
maintenance time - always a time of forum trolling and such
servers is down, cannot even test my addons
08/01/16, 08:21 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Test them on PTS
08/02/16, 03:10 AM   #12
QuadroTony
Banned
lulz
look at this

Originally Posted by darjobuno View Post
Originally Posted by lordrichter View Post
The Add-on provides what is called a system break. In a system break you can insert your own lines of programming. There are passive and aggressive Add-ons. An example of a passive program is the one I was using to show me what attacks were happening to me. This will only effect my connection speed because it is only reporting what is happening to me. There are aggressive add-ons as well. One I use in PvE is the CraftStore add-on. What this does is provides a program break that allows me to enter a variable of how many items I wish to cook. The "program" not the "player" then takes over by supplying the "pressing of the E button" so I don't have to. This means the program is working as a player interface selecting a variable so I do not have to. If you use an Add-on that is selecting lets say 1 through 5 and R you are using an aggressive add-on that can lag the game for other players in the game. Because the "program" not "you" is selecting that variable over and over and over. It is the difference between pressing the number 1 and holding down the number 111111111111111111. The system has a vast number of checks that it is doing each time a combat key is pressed and if you have a program spamming those numbers you are in fact crowding out all other processes in that area of effect and thus "CHEATING".
:smiley:

No. This is not what is happening.

In an unhacked, properly working, client, the Add-on API cannot move characters, initiate combat, or use slotted abilities. If the client is hacked, then it is a hacked client that would be doing this, not an add-on.

While I do respect the freedom of speech. I will leave you with the following argument as I have to head to work. I have a degree in electronic engineering. I started programming in the 8th grade back in 1982. I have learned Assembly Language Programming, DOS, PASCAL, and BASIC all before the age of 19. So when I tell you that anytime you allow a system break in a program you are providing loopholes for abuse trust me I know what I am saying. I also am very familiar with "Scripting". Back in the day when all there was were TEXT based games I created scripts that allowed my characters to level while I was at work. Again I know what I am talking about.
All that you say about yourself might be true, but it does not change that what you are saying about add-ons in ESO is wrong.
Oh lovely and yes you are right the client can not move my character around it can not initiate combat. However under the same construction of CraftStore where the add-on allows you to enter a value of how many times you want the "add-on" to press the letter E for you to cook for you can also bring up a quick screen in battle probably just by assigning the Add-on a hot key to start the macro and then select a number you want the add-on to spam for you just as craftstore is spamming E for you.

The base game program never changes. In order to create a food item you have to hit the letter E. The Developers in their wisdom have left you a door to do UI, User Interface, Add-ons so the game can be infinitely tweaked to user specifications. However the GAME PROGRAMMING never changes you still have to hit the letter E even though it is the User Interface doing it for you.

Same principle here. Oh I am in a battle hot key 9 to start the UI Add-on hit the number 1 now my add-on is going to spam the number 1 for me the rest of the combat till I hit a hot key to turn it back off.

A very adept programmer could even take the read out coming from the combat report add-on I was using and assign responses for when the read out says dodge now, stunned, and so forth. This is shown possible by the utilization of the Auto Invite Add-on once you assign it a variable it monitors the screen until that variable appears and then it in turn sends out the invite for you. Its just a matter of changing the output.

And no I do not waste my time making Add-ons. Could I? Yes if I wanted to bother taking the time to learn the language and the way the commands are written. Digital logic is the same regardless what language the system is programmed in.

I have shown through existing add-ons that you can A. Watch for a variable to appear in the game system. B. Have an Add-on spam an output to the game system. These are the two keys needed to communicate with any system.

Also it is obvious to me that there must be a lot of combat modding taking place. Why would so many people complain about turning it off in just the PvP arena if there wasn't? The PvP arena does not change. The dungeons, dolmens, delves so on and so forth all are static so you don't "Have" to have things like skyshards and lorebook finders on. You can craft in the PvE portion of the game so you do not have to have all the crafting add-ons in PvP. What add-ons are needed in PvP other than the combat ones?

Been a pleasure. Have a lovely day.
08/02/16, 05:04 PM   #13
Sounomi
That guy clearly doesn't know how add-ons work. /facepalm
08/03/16, 07:21 AM   #14
QuadroTony
Banned
lol
guys answer him here pls
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...xploits#latest

textBox:SetText(textBox:GetText() - 1)
while textBox:GetText() == "0" do
CraftProvisionerItem(recipeListIndex, recipeIndex)
textBox:SetText(textBox:GetText() - 1)
end

Yay I love tests !!! Okay what we have here is one part of the code/program/mod whatever you kids are calling it these days. This is the part that is counting down how many times to create the food item or whatever until it reaches 0 this is just the loop for the countdown. Some where in this program is what I call a GOSUB routine. That is sending the main program to this portion of the code. This is just supplying the loop for the count. The part of the code that sent you here should supply the interface with the actual game system, that is supplying the variable that the "GAME'S PROGRAM" is watching for the selection of the "E" variable. This part of the code only proves to me that you can loop and count down. Although if in my cheat program I wanted to make it to where I was only spamming the number 1 say 10 times because after 10 times I would be out of mana then I would enter in the value of ten instead of requesting a variable input.

function ZO_Provisioner:Create()
CraftProvisionerItem(self:GetSelectedRecipeListIndex(), self:GetSelectedRecipeIndex())
end

This list is all of your sub programs within the main program. This is basically a directory of what your main program is running. This however is not the code of your main program. Each directory here would run a different operation and then return to the main program. They are basically programs within programs. Uneventful and does not even show the full code of each.

if messageText == autoInviteString then
GroupInviteByName(senderName)
end

This is the if/then it is monitoring for a specific message. Now commands differ in every program. What this program is monitoring is (messageText). This definition in this program is most likely defined as the chat window. And each part of the user interface most likely has its own definition. Like the actual graphic screen might have a definition of (messageScreen). All this program is saying is that when the UI sees as an example "BOB" in the chat box it is to then initiate the subroutine GroupInviteByName(THAT PERSONS NAME). The commands to do the invite would be located in the GroupInviteByName subroutine.

Yes I have dabble in C++ as well but its not my favorite language.

So you have shown me nothing so far. Though I am glad to see the effort. Let me write this in a bit of broken programming language for you. If I were to create a cheat engine for this game in the form of an add-on it would be something like this.

<CHEAT>
UI interface retrieve "binding"
Input binding key ()
If bound then A = ()
If unbound then A = 0
Initiate Main Subroutine
return

This part of the program would be watching for you to have your CHEAT turned on. Lets say you selected 9 to be your binding key for the program in the UI.

You the player get involved in combat and hit your 9 keypad turning on the CHEAT addon

Now Input 9 has become true and the program runs Initiate Main Subroutine.

"Main Subroutine"
Call upon key selection from keyboard b = (number from 1 to 5)
Output <keyboard port number> value = b
x = 10
y = x - 1
if y = 0 then end
goto output

And there is a basic cheat program.

I have not programmed in almost 10 years and I can describe for you a basic method in which it is possible to cheat within the UI context.

Have a wonderful day.
08/03/16, 07:49 AM   #15
Ayantir

It was funny at the beginning, but Quadro, we're not so autists, if we want to read, joke or waste time for this, we can do it ourselves.

especially after patch day + 1 when we almost all have a ****ton of things to do.

If this guy is convinced he's right, okay, let him think this and forget.
As a wise man said it few years ago, there is two things infinite in the universe.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Some addons - cheat? do you agreed with: