07/13/14, 01:09 AM   #1
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Moving on

Hey guys and gals, the end of my first 3 month sub is coming up and I've already cancelled my sub. Truth be told, I have not actually played the game since late April/early May. Even so, I was happy that I subbed for the three months because I could at least keep developing and maintaining my add-ons.

That said, I've slowly lost interest in actually maintaining them because, really, when you don't play the game it becomes a bit harder to care :P

SO! I need some awesome folks to take up the mantle of my addons and keep them alive! A couple stipulations:
1. I must always be credited as the original creator of the add-on.
2. I would prefer my paypal donation info to remain on the add-on UNTIL SUCH TIME when the person taking over updates the add-on for the first time. This isn't required, but it would be nice.
3. My artist for Advanced Filters (who is credited on the page) must always be credited on the add-on.

Here is my list of add-ons:
Advanced Filters
Inventory Grid View
Research Assistant
Weapon Charge Alert
Item Saver
libFilters
libResearch
Inventory Grid View Skin Template

A couple notes:
libResearch and Research Assistant should be taken together.
Advanced Filters and libFilters should be taken together. ItemSaver should be a part of that, too, but shouldn't be strictly necessary.
Advanced Filters technically still needs to be finished. I had an artist that was responsible for the current set of icons, but she vanished without a trace, leaving the job unfinished. This add-on also had some weirdness with the placement of the string filter in some windows and some strange compatibility with the guild store that needs to be worked out still.
Inventory Grid View and the Skin Template should be taken together. The Skin Template shouldn't really require any maintenance at all, though, unless the process in general changes.
Research Assistant is missing a feature I was planning on adding: the RA icon's tooltip would state some research information, especially useful for cross-character functionality. Also, with the upcoming API changes, it MIGHT(?) be possible to add support for the guild store.

I will be available for questioning about the code for folks who take over any of the add-ons.

I would like to hand these off in about a week or so, so please! Send PMs or message here if you are interested in taking control of these add-ons. I would very much appreciate it!
07/13/14, 02:20 PM   #2
katkat42
I would gladly take Weapon Charge Alert. I would be willing to take on Research Assistant and its library, or Advanced Filters and its friends, but probably not both; or work with someone else on them. I don't use Inventory Grid View, so I don't want to take it on.
07/13/14, 02:22 PM   #3
merlight
I have to thank you for your addons. They're the kind of thing that should've been there, truly ingenious. I hope to never again sift through my bag using the vanilla UI ^^
07/13/14, 10:31 PM   #4
Randactyl
I'd be very interested in working on Advanced Filters and libFilters
07/16/14, 11:28 AM   #5
Kraeius

It's sad to hear that you are leaving.
08/08/14, 11:52 AM   #6
Deome

Question

Has anyone taken over development on Research Assistant? I know some volunteered, but this thread doesn't specify. With the API changes in 1.3.0, it should now be possible to add guild store functionality, and as I swear by RA for all my research, that's something I'd like to develop. Please send me a private message if you are officially--or unofficially--maintaining/developing RA.

Also, IngeniousClown, we'll miss you
08/09/14, 11:31 AM   #7
Sasky
Originally Posted by Deome View Post
Has anyone taken over development on Research Assistant? I know some volunteered, but this thread doesn't specify. With the API changes in 1.3.0, it should now be possible to add guild store functionality, and as I swear by RA for all my research, that's something I'd like to develop. Please send me a private message if you are officially--or unofficially--maintaining/developing RA.

Also, IngeniousClown, we'll miss you
If you look on the addon page for RA, you'll see katkat42 as a co-author, so that'd be my guess on who took it over.
08/10/14, 11:19 PM   #8
katkat42
Originally Posted by Deome View Post
Hi! ::waves::

I spent a bit of time tonight looking at the guild store functionality. The problem is, guild store uses the trading house interface, not the inventory or vendor interfaces. And there's still no way to get item link info out of the trading house interface.

I looked to see how SousChef handles the trading house. No help there: it only works for recipes, not ingredients, and it works by parsing the item name, not any other information.

Sorry! FWIW, I find this a bit annoying too...

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Moving on