08/05/14, 11:07 AM   #21
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Another thing that would be helpful is if you could open a terminal window and type...

Code:
netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80
and

Code:
netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:443
What do you get in return? If nothing (should be nothing) let me know too.
08/05/14, 11:42 AM   #22
Spartakus
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Another thing that would be helpful is if you could open a terminal window and type...

Code:
netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80
and

Code:
netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:443
What do you get in return? If nothing (should be nothing) let me know too.
NO. just fix it.
08/05/14, 11:53 AM   #23
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Spartakus View Post
NO. just fix it.
Were trying, just going to take some time until we get enough information.

We just need to figure out what is wrong/different with your systems and make Minion smart enough to work around that. I'm guessing you'd have trouble with any java application wanting to communicate over port 80 and 443 at the moment.

Have a great day Spartakus!

Last edited by Dolby : 08/05/14 at 11:55 AM.
08/06/14, 09:15 PM   #24
donmuerte
same issue here

for a while i was getting a java error then I reinstalled from the webpage and now it always claims I have no internet connection. I have a comodo internet security and I've put it in game mode and also disabled the antivirus and the firewall and no luck. Windows Firewall is turned off. I've verified that the newest version of Java is installed. I've run the installer and the application as administrator. I have Windows 7. I did both of those netstat commands and nothing at all was displayed. I've attached my log and xml. Please help.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (5.7 KB, 749 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.0 KB, 809 views)
08/14/14, 07:57 AM   #25
HalloweenWeed

Unhappy Still same 'ol problem

Just checking in to say I just tried the latest Minion: Minion2.0.11b-beta, and same old "Minion can't connect to the Internet" prob. So again, I will be reverting to ver. 2.0.8 beta. I like the program, if it works. Attached is my latest files from the try W/Minion2.0.11b-beta. FYI.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (833 Bytes, 679 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (10.4 KB, 812 views)

Last edited by HalloweenWeed : 08/14/14 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Missed end quote
08/14/14, 03:24 PM   #26
donmuerte
can I get a link to the old version of minion? I checked the site and had no luck finding it.
08/14/14, 10:55 PM   #27
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Try this version http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.12-alpha.exe. When asked to update skip that prompt.

Let me know if it works for you.
08/15/14, 03:16 PM   #28
HalloweenWeed

Still, Minion can't connect...

OK I tried ver.2.0.12a and same ol' prob. Minion can't connect to the Internet. Checked my Norton settings, Minion folders still excepted from "SONAR." Attached is the latest xml and log files, and screenshots of Minion working/not working. To the programmer:

I know it can be very difficult to debug programs (I have done so myself several times, and not just game mods). Lately "everyone" seems to think that everyone has good Internet without long latencies. My satellite latency is nearly a second, ping times vary from 800-1200ms. And only about 3% of the ppl on Internet have satellite Internet, so we are a minority, so many developers just ignore us and chalk it up to either a fluke, or just don't believe it (our problems) at all. It has been wonderful to be able to play ESO on my Internet connection. Anyway, we have problems that others don't, due to our long ping times.

Something has went awry since 2.0.8. I assume you are having trouble figuring out what went wrong, it might be something as simple as using a new Java SDK - the Java programmers might have forgot about us satellite Internet users when updating their code. Of course all this is just a guess, IDK. The facts remain: The older version works fine for me and anything newer doesn't. The results are repeatable. Therefore, there MUST be something wrong with the newer version, AFAIK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	140815_Minion_2_0_8b_works.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	433  Click image for larger version

Name:	140815_Minion_2_0_12a_unabl_cnct_intrnt.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	434  
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (833 Bytes, 713 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (10.1 KB, 771 views)
09/05/14, 09:04 AM   #29
HalloweenWeed

Hey, tap-tap-tap, are you guys (MMOUI) working on this?
Haven't seen any new versions yet.
09/05/14, 09:36 AM   #30
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We are working on some big things however I'm not 100% sure it will fix your problems since we can not reproduce or find what is causing your problem.

Hopefully we will have a release some time next week that you can test if all goes well. We will be releasing 3 versions, 1 normal, and 2 alpha's that have some code we think could be the problem disabled. At the very least we have introduced some more error logging so maybe that will clue us in.

The issue is something keeps resetting Minions network connection on your system when it requests access, what or why that is I'm not sure yet? You are one of very few (maybe the only one) to have reported a connection reset error, most every one else with network errors report a permission denied.
Code:
<message>I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset</message>
One of the changes in 2.0.9 was that Minion now checks to see if it can access the API and CDN with a timeout of 30sec. Does it take you longer than 30sec to have Minion 2.0.8 connect and run?

Last edited by Dolby : 09/05/14 at 10:04 AM.
09/06/14, 10:08 PM   #31
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi HalloweenWeed,

Can you try this version of Minion? It has some code that is a little more friendly to high latency connections.

Uninstall the current version of Minion and install 2.0.13-alpha-hl. If you get further in and Minion asks you to update please ignore the update (Update Later). Minion is only noticing the version you are running is different than what is currently live and wants to make it the same. Even though you are running a newer version.

If this works for you then I think the fix will be simple to roll out into our normal beta release.

Thanks for your help!
09/12/14, 12:14 PM   #32
HalloweenWeed

OK I just tried Minion 2.0.13-alpha-hl. No dice, same thing.
I am not deleting the "settings" before I re-install, is that OK?
Attached is the resulting files.
BTW I just updated my Java (less than?) a week ago too.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (896 Bytes, 695 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (4.1 KB, 747 views)
09/12/14, 12:22 PM   #33
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the help testing that.

No you don't need to delete the settings file. The error
Code:
I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
is still happening. I'll have to go back to our java programmer and see what other ideas he may have.

You say 2.0.8 still works for you though?
09/12/14, 12:40 PM   #34
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Update. Talked with our java developer and he is going to gut the network check and I'll create a new alpha release from that. Since that is the only thing different network wise from 2.0.8 to 2.0.11. If this works I think we will remove this check until we can find a better way. So I'll let you know when I have a new build, maybe tonight but if not probably not until monday.

Thank you again for taking the time to help me test. Really appreciate it.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/12/14 at 12:56 PM.
09/12/14, 01:36 PM   #35
HalloweenWeed

Yeah I just tried uninstalling Minion, deleting the config using the uninstall prompt, rebooting, re-installing the new 13a build, rebooting again before starting Minion, still does the same thing. Just thought I should give it the best try.

Odd, it (ver .8b) didn't recognize that I have the RAETIA info bar installed. I will try starting it again.

Nope, still doesn't recognize RAETIA info bar installed (ESO). All it sees is loot drop. I guess I should've saved the settings directory before uninstalling and deleting it. Oh well, it's not all that hard to update these things manually.

EDIT: v2.0.8-beta also automatically installed an older version of Loot drop. I manually restored it. BTW the last v (of Loot drop) I installed was labelled the same v as the one before it, by the author (bad programming practice). I could immediately tell, as the older version has "^p" or something like that after the name of every item.

Last edited by HalloweenWeed : 09/16/14 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added: (of Loot drop)
09/15/14, 11:10 AM   #36
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
HalloweenWeed here is a new version with out the network tests. When you have some time please install this and test.

Thanks

Minion2.0.13-alpha-nn.exe

Last edited by Dolby : 09/15/14 at 11:43 AM.
09/16/14, 04:04 AM   #37
Burajon

I've been having the same problem going on in this thread. I installed the above alpha and it works for me.

Why was the network test there anyway? Isn't it redundant since you need to sign in to use Minion?
09/16/14, 09:48 AM   #38
HalloweenWeed

Well ver "Minion2.0.13-alpha-nn" worked fine, except:
It didn't recognize that I have the RAETIA info bar installed. All it sees is loot drop. It updated loot drop (with my permission). Could it me that the new RAETIA info bar uses a slightly different folder name? I will check it out eventually. Attached is the minion.xml file for your debugging. Hmm, there is NO minion .log file, not even minion0.log - I use the search tool "Everything" and it really gets "everything" on my local computer.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1,023 Bytes, 796 views)
09/16/14, 10:20 AM   #39
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the help testing. I think what we will do is add a configuration paramater to the minion.xml that allows people with high latency connections to disable the network check. So the next live release (I'll let you know) will just need you to add something to the config file.

The no minion0.log worries me a little. Can you list all the files inside the .minion folder when Minion is running?

Minion uses file structure & folder names to match the addon to ones in our database. If we can find your minion log it will say what its doing with RAETIA info bar.

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 09/16/14 at 10:35 AM.
09/16/14, 11:05 AM   #40
HalloweenWeed

Hmm, there's one now!
I found out the "RAETIA information bar" is now called the "RAETIA info hub" and therefore looked at as a separate add-on by Minion. I would think a program like Minion should catch things like that. I installed (manually) the new ver in it's new folder name, all set W/"RAETIA info hub" now and Minion recognizes it.

As I said, there was no log file on the 1st run of Minion. However, when I changed the RAETIA stuff and re-ran Minion, there was a log file. You asked the contents with Minion open, so I saved both that log file and the subsequent log file with Minion closed. Since there was a log file on the 2nd run, I will forgo the directory listing you asked for.

Another thought: the programmer could ping the home server (or any other server known to be persistent and reliable) and just turn off the net check if all the pings returned were above say 300-500 or so. That would be the automatic fix, to still allow net checks. Here are the files.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.1 KB, 679 views)
File Type: log minion0_after_close.log (4.7 KB, 655 views)
File Type: log minion0_during_run.log (4.6 KB, 648 views)

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion can't connect to Internet