install this
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info8...ersupport.html

look how to repro:

open mail ui and open sent tab in it
close mail ui
go to banker and open your bank

press hotkey for mail ui

you always will got this

first i think its Addon's fault but then...

Baethram told this

I'm not able to prevent this bug as the code from Zos is invoking this somehow.
The only thing I can do about it is to change the mail keybinding and then, if other addons like MaiLR mess up the standard mail keybindings, it won't show the "Attach all" keybind anymore.

So you need to live with this "bug" or I'll have to add several different keybinds, and you won#t be able to assign 1 key for all anymore.
Help me and Baethram to fix this!
thanks in advance
06/20/16, 12:18 AM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Easily avoidable and solved on my modified version of the addon just coded.

Question is, should I post it ?

It reflect an error due to a good practice that almost no one respect (except ZOS and very few authors) but that everyone should respect about keybindings.

The answer is in esoui code!

PS: Maybe 25% of my own addons only respect this little thing. I don't use often keybindings and I agree that this one wasn't often respected at the begenning.

I should start making videos on "How to code an ESO addon"

Last edited by Ayantir : 06/20/16 at 12:24 AM.
06/20/16, 12:21 AM   #3
QuadroTony
Banned
coolio! i will let Baethram know
06/20/16, 06:37 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hey Ayantir,

thanks for letting us know. I only adopted this addon from teh former dev and didn't find a solution so far, except for using different keybindings at different panels.

I've checked the esoui source code several times and all I found was the difference between keybind insertion by manual table.insert or by directly using the KEYIND_STRIP functions to add/remove keybindins.

The problem is that other addons like MailR will somehow mess up the keybid strip at the mail sent panel and thus I ahd to react on this to at least show my keybinding as well. Maybe the MailR addon needs a fix as well so other addons can use the "ZOs desired" way afterwards.

I also tried to get the action layers to work with the keybinds (Sirinsidiator told me an example) but I somehow didn't get it to work as expected.

Could you enlighten us please how to solve this and post your code so we can learn from it?
Thank you very much.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ZOS bug? smthing with keybinds