06/06/21, 05:06 AM   #1
TNTKokser

dropping to guild bank or listing items to shop slooooow

Since Blackwood update the listing of batches of items using AGS has a 10s delay after each listing, so listing 6 batches of ores takes 1 minute.

Today I noticed that there is a similar problem with Roomba. Picking up doublets from the guild bank is fast as usual, but dropping the batch back to the bank has, again, an exact 10s delay.

Is this a library or API change problem that has to be fixed by the authors or is it some new ZOS feature? Is there a workaround until it has been fixed?
06/06/21, 05:47 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addons code only reacts on events the server fires, so if the events take their time the addons will take their time as well.
-> Simply check it by disabling addons and do it manually and you'll know if it's an addon related issue

I think this happens due to server capacities and many returnin players. Especially if you list/interact with banks in a very crowded area.
Use any region where nearly any player is near you or in your instance. If it also is that slow it might be a server handled protection to slow everything down and make the servers more stable (ZOs needs to validate this, it's only a guess).
06/06/21, 05:57 AM   #3
TNTKokser

Hi Beartram,

sorry, but I think this is a general problem. I play during the night and it's always the same. You may check the comment sections of AGS and Roomba. I'm not alone. And it's always EXACTLY 10s. And it had never been before the update. This would be a strange coincidence for a server workload reaction. Try yourself
06/06/21, 06:08 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sounds like a server throttle then as I assumed. ry it without any addons to make sure it's the server, and I guess the best way would be to ask ZOs in the official forums about it then!
As I said: The addons "only listen to API/events functions" and run as they are triggered. If they trigger after 10s the addons will run after 10s.
06/06/21, 06:45 AM   #5
TNTKokser

It's not really possible to test it without addon, because you cannot list 10 x 1 of the same item without addon. So I did it as fast as I could 1 by 1 and there is absolutly no delay without addon. The same with the guild bank. I can drop items as fast as I can press a key.

reloadui with addons: 10s delay after each item drop, shop and bank.

So the server notice that I use an addon to drop my items and creates a throttle of 10s after each item? Why?
06/06/21, 07:25 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
It's only a guess.
One would have to check the addons, which functions they use in common, or which EVENT_* they use in common to detect the item was listed via AGS e.g.
Maybe sirinsidiator knows more about this at AGS (he already noticed it as well, and we are waiting for feedback of ZOs).
In the end it must be server handled I'd say, read below:

Roomba e.g. is checking for the guild bank to be ready and then withdraws an item, stacks it in your player inventory and tries to deposit it again.
If the deposit worked, it will withdraw the next. So I assume the deposit somehow needs that long sometimes and thus it's waiting.

If both addons now got a similar waiting time it cannot be a conincidence so I assume it's server driven somehow. The reason: I guess it's a performance improvement approach as ZOs works on many performance improvements (buffs, guild history, etc.)

Last edited by Baertram : 06/06/21 at 07:35 AM.
06/06/21, 07:44 AM   #7
TNTKokser

That's what I assumed. But it's stupid. I can transfer my complete inventory one by one to the guild bank in seconds by hammering my keyboard. But Roomba is forced to need 30s to drop 3 batches of green receipes? To fill all my 90 slots in my 3 guild stores takes 900 seconds now, this are 15 minutes. Performance enhancement? This destroys parts of the game.
06/06/21, 08:52 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yep, that's how "prevention" works. You can manually do it fast but automatic/addon triggered it could be way faster (like raised several times per ms) and thus make the server crash. So they add some delay or other methods. Perhaps it should have been 1s instead of 10 :-)

And it does not destroy parts of the game as addons were never the vanilla game UI. You could do it manually and thus roomba would now still be faster I think
It just destroys part of the game added "nice2have" features... Let's wait for ZOs answer about this.
06/06/21, 09:22 AM   #9
TNTKokser

mhh, you don't need an open API, create a folder named AddOn on installation and create parts of your games UI on a basic level (like the guild store dialoge) if you not intend addons to produce by the community. If I need 15min per day now to do my guild store listings (plus the time it takes to produce my items to sell) it makes far more sense to me to work 1h more per month and buy 5.000.000 gold at mmoga. This WILL destroy basic party of the game.

however, let's wait for ZOS' answer
06/06/21, 02:13 PM   #10
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Yeah, ZOS. Stop making our addons so slow for the sake of "performance".
Just disable all addons in Cyrodiil or something. Sheesh.
06/06/21, 04:51 PM   #11
TNTKokser

you inevitably get performance problems if you combine two games, a huge rpg and some pvp shooter. The main reason for cs:go having small maps, few objects and poor graphic is performance. However, my question is about the Elder Scrolls RPG part, an extremly huge and wide world with countless object. You need years to get all or at least all you want. Places to trade and deal them is essential. To have these places useful and practical is essential as well. Either you implement this vanilla or you give the people the possibility to build their own. ZOS choses the latter. And now, after years, they decided to make these tools useless.
06/07/21, 12:38 AM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Again: Wait for the answer of ZOs please before ranting about something we do not even know it was done on purpose
06/08/21, 12:33 PM   #13
TNTKokser

seems to be an unintentional bug from ZOS, reason unclear. so wait
06/08/21, 05:09 PM   #14
TNTKokser

seems ZOS has fixed the problem. AGS and Roomba working back to normal

edit:
more info
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info....html#comments

Last edited by TNTKokser : 06/09/21 at 03:20 AM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » dropping to guild bank or listing items to shop slooooow