04/11/14, 12:23 PM   #1
Sp00sty
When manual updating, way to keep current saved variables?

Sorry I searched on "update" "saved" and "variables" but didn't find a thread or a sticky.

I still can't get Minion to work for me so I'm still manually updating all my addons.

When we manually paste the new folder in, and it asks to merge, I have been allowing all.

Does this affect the saved variables upon restarting the game? Does it immediately grab the newest *settings/mod*.lua and overwrite my saved variables?

Is there a trick to keep from having to reset everything on each character again?
04/11/14, 12:33 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, the saved variables are located in the Saved Variables folder. This is located next to the Addons folder.
04/11/14, 12:33 PM   #3
ins
As long as the addon is the same, and it hasn't updated its saved-variables (or the version string for its savedvariables), you should not lose your settings.

Sometimes, when an addon is updated there are new fields added to the savedvariables, it is thus necessary to "update" the version of the savedvariables. This causes the game to reset your old settings and overwrite them with the defaults from the addon.

The Saved settings are in its own folder /savedvariables, different from the /addons folder you put the files you download from here in.
04/11/14, 01:00 PM   #4
Sp00sty
Okay thanks for the help.

Now to start merging.
04/11/14, 01:23 PM   #5
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
I saw the result of changing the version number while seeing what the use of it was. Was hoping it would keep that versions data in tact and put the new version in its table block but no joy, thankfully I took a copy of my file before I did the change so wiping the table was less of a shock.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » When manual updating, way to keep current saved variables?