12/26/19, 01:14 PM   #1
Lemminkainen
Addons worked until latest patch (Dec 2019)

My addons were working until the latest patch earlier Dec 2019. I thought I would reinstall the game might correct the issue, but no addons show up in the AddOn menu

My path is
C:\Users\brian\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\HarvestMap

I do have the game running through Steam and I saw some other threads that seemed to indicate Windows Defender might have issues so it turned that off and tried it without success.

I've also tried using Minion and when I try to install an addon through that, it gets stuck in download and never completes.

Any ideas?
Thank you
12/26/19, 01:16 PM   #2
Scootworks

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8858
12/26/19, 03:03 PM   #3
Lemminkainen
Files moved to correct location

Thanks
I did copy the files to this location

C:\Users\brian\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\HarvestMap

So this matches up with
C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\< AddOn A FolderName >\< files >

What was frustrating is that the addons were working prior to an update. I have confirmed that the out-of-date addons box is checked.

Brian
12/26/19, 03:06 PM   #4
Scootworks

Originally Posted by Lemminkainen View Post
Thanks
I did copy the files to this location

C:\Users\brian\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\HarvestMap

So this matches up with
C:\Users\< username >\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\< AddOn A FolderName >\< files >

What was frustrating is that the addons were working prior to an update. I have confirmed that the out-of-date addons box is checked.

Brian
that means, it does work now?
12/26/19, 03:24 PM   #5
Lemminkainen
Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
that means, it does work now?

My apologies, the add-ons still do not appear.
Thanks again
12/26/19, 03:29 PM   #6
Scootworks

try to search: UserSettings.txt in your explorer. maybe there is another folder somewhere
12/27/19, 04:56 AM   #7
Lemminkainen
User settings location

Good morning,
I have UserSettings and AddOnSettings located in C:\Users\brian\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
Brian
12/27/19, 05:07 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Disable Microsoft OenDrive or search for OneDrive here in the forums, or OneDrive Elder Scrolls Online in official forums of ESO.

Also allow your c:\users\...\documents\Elder Scrolls Online folder inside your Windows Defender application (whitelist it).
Search online for Windows Defender Whitelist how to do it.
There was a win10 patch several months ago which makes Windows Defender block your documents folder and thus games to find files in it.

btw: This all can be found in the esoui forums if one clicks the several threads and reads them...
12/27/19, 05:40 AM   #9
Lemminkainen
I do thank you for the assistance. I spent 3 weeks in November emailing Standing Stone Games, trying to get Lord of the Rings Online working after getting a gaming laptop. So I'm just trying to get back into some kind of casual gaming again. What was frustrating is that the AddOns were working until a patch about a week ago, which is why this is so frustrating. I'll go through things again later today.
Sincerely,
Brian
12/30/19, 06:22 AM   #10
Lemminkainen
I have turned off OneDrive and Windows Defender without success.
Minion shows the path C:\Users\brian\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns and has two addons listed - HarvestMap, Skyshards
These were working prior to the latest patch.
12/31/19, 07:12 AM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Make sure you have installe ALL needed dependencies as well! If you only see the two addons you need to read the description of the addons which libraries/dependencies they need and install them as well into the AddOns folder.

If this also does not help I'm not sure why the addons stopped to work for you but work for all other users. Must be somethign with your system then.
If you are not using Windows Defender but any other Antivirus Software read about how to whitelist/allow folders and add the Elder Scrolls Online folder you have mentioned to the whitelist.

btw: If you are using Windows Defender then do NOT turn it off completely without having another Antivirus protecting your system! BUT whitelist the Elder Scrolls Online folder only within the Windows Defender settings.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Addons worked until latest patch (Dec 2019)