05/04/21, 08:19 AM   #1
PlaceHolder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unhappy Parse System Messages?

Hey all,
Wondering if there's a way to parse system messages.

Background:
Addons like "Loot Log" post to chat via the system messages.
All chat notification addons I've tested so far, where you can define specific words to trigger an audible sound, do not work with "Loot Log" (etc) due to it being a "system message".

It's past midnight here, so perhaps I just need to look at this with a fresh brain, but nothing, so far, is jumping out at me

Any help much appreciated,
Thanks
05/04/21, 08:27 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If any notifications should play sounds etc. via an addon the addon needs to check the "chat channel" where the message comes in.
There is a chat event which most addons use, providing the chat channel, and the text that is incoming/outgoing.
I'd ask the author of addons you have tested, and you like the most so far, to add support for CHAT_CHANNEL_SYSTEM messages so that you are able to define texts to listen and a sound to play for them as well.
05/04/21, 09:36 AM   #3
PlaceHolder
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If any notifications should play sounds etc. via an addon the addon needs to check the "chat channel" where the message comes in.
There is a chat event which most addons use, providing the chat channel, and the text that is incoming/outgoing.
I'd ask the author of addons you have tested, and you like the most so far, to add support for CHAT_CHANNEL_SYSTEM messages so that you are able to define texts to listen and a sound to play for them as well.
Ah, thank you, this is exactly the starting point I was after
(Sounds [hopefully] somewhat straight forward too, so glad I don't have to look at writing my own when there's others already out there )

Last edited by PlaceHolder : 05/04/21 at 10:03 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Parse System Messages?