06/02/14, 06:49 AM   #1
Stryfe
[BUG?] Addon Updates

A couple days ago, I started up Minion and it mis-detected my "Item Saver" (by ingeniousclown) addon as "ItemSaver Modified" (by rajamakii). This is particularly odd given that Minion had detected the addon just fine (as Item Saver) the previous time I opened it up. ingeniousclown had just updated it, so maybe that threw Minion for a loop? I didn't think to save my log file for that one, sorry.

Also, just now, I received an email saying that another mod, Recount (by Fayn), was updated. When I went into Minion to update it, it is detecting that I already have the latest version installed when in fact I do not.

I am running Windows 8.1 x64. Log file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: log minion0.log (334.1 KB, 563 views)
06/02/14, 10:46 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Can you attach your minion.xml too? If you've recently deleted that file it has to try and rematch all the addons and some times it may make a mistake. I would uninstall the mis-identified addon and reinstall, it should not affect your addon settings.

Looking at your log it shows it detecting Item Saver correctly. Is this an older log or a new one after you corrected the problem? Every time you run Minion it wipes the old log and makes a new one.

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 06/02/14 at 10:52 AM.
06/02/14, 09:25 PM   #3
Stryfe
As requested, here is my minion.xml.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (1.7 KB, 459 views)
06/02/14, 11:14 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It shows it has the correct addon detected.

Code:
<addon md5="b2ca31f7e46ea49c5bf9d962ce062438" ui-version="1.0.0b" uid="300"/>
Is it still showing "ItemSaver Modified" (by rajamakii) on your installed list?
06/02/14, 11:31 PM   #5
Stryfe
No, because I uninstalled the "incorrect" one and just reinstalled the correct one.

I think it has something to do with how Minion detects preexisting addons. Looking at the minion.xml a little more, I see that it only contains the mods that I have actually installed with Minion. There are 11 in the xml, but 39 total installed, though not all are actually active ingame.

One of the mods that has never detected for me if it is preexisting is "Wykkyd's War Tools". It always detects as "Wykkyd's War Tools 1.5.2.1 with Sintack's patch" instead. Should be reproducible behavior that you can test out.

Last edited by Stryfe : 06/03/14 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Corrected some weirdness caused by me being tired.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [BUG?] Addon Updates