03/11/21, 05:57 PM   #1
Zeromaz
How to disable the GLOW on health bar

Any way to do this? If so, please explain it to me like a child. I have no idea what i'm doing.
03/11/21, 07:17 PM   #2
shira
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I assume you mean the white unwavering on the health bar?

if so, there is several ways to disable it. The first is to replace the texture using redirectTexture or making them transparent with setAlpha, the second is to 'disable' the function by overriding it with an empty function.

For reference, the textures are in unitattributevisualizer/
  • attributebar_dynamic_increasedpowerglow.dds
  • targetbar_dynamic_increasedpowerglow.dds

and the function that initializes it is ZO_UnitVisualizer_UnwaveringModule:InitializeBarValues() in unitattributevisualizer/modules/unwavering.lua, which could be replaced with

Code:
function ZO_UnitVisualizer_UnwaveringModule:InitializeBarValues()
     return
end

which one is better, i dont know though
03/11/21, 07:37 PM   #3
Zeromaz
Originally Posted by shira View Post
I assume you mean the white unwavering on the health bar?

if so, there is several ways to disable it. The first is to replace the texture using redirectTexture or making them transparent with setAlpha, the second is to 'disable' the function by overriding it with an empty function.

For reference, the textures are in unitattributevisualizer/
  • attributebar_dynamic_increasedpowerglow.dds
  • targetbar_dynamic_increasedpowerglow.dds

and the function that initializes it is ZO_UnitVisualizer_UnwaveringModule:InitializeBarValues() in unitattributevisualizer/modules/unwavering.lua, which could be replaced with

Code:
function ZO_UnitVisualizer_UnwaveringModule:InitializeBarValues()
     return
end

which one is better, i dont know though
Sorry but i feel dumb. Where do i even find the file to change this stuff? what file am i changing? and yes, you're exactly right. that is the piece i wanted to get rid of

Last edited by Zeromaz : 03/11/21 at 07:40 PM.
03/11/21, 07:52 PM   #4
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by Zeromaz View Post
Sorry but i feel dumb. Where do i even find the file to change this stuff? what file am i changing?
shira was just answering your question. You can not edit the game files to alter their function. They are compressed like a zip file. There is no creation kit like Skyrim SE and Fallout 4. I can't help because I'm too involved with my own mods. You would have to know how to make a mod. Then you also have to consider that if you do this, you could possibly break anything that access that function.

If you do then just disable your mod but it's something to consider.

TLDR; You can't really do what you want. You have to make a mod.

Last edited by Sharlikran : 03/11/21 at 07:55 PM.
03/12/21, 04:52 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Zeromaz View Post
Any way to do this? If so, please explain it to me like a child. I have no idea what i'm doing.
Well, addon coding cnanot be explained like a child You'd have to know how coding works and get into lua (the language ESO uses) AND especially ESO's lua code.

The posts above explain you where to find the glow in this code and you'd have to create an addon now where these changes get included.

If you want to learn it, here are ressources about addon creation:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8413

If now:
Search the given addons if any addon is already able to do what you like to have there, but you need to invest the time to search the addon descriptions and images.
Maybe someone knows any addon that does this already, I do not know any sorry. But I think I remeber seeing some post about this in the past.

Maybe you can use any other UI changing addon like LUI Extended or Azurah and they are capable to do it, chnage the total look of the attribut bars.
Maybe this list of immersion addons got something that will help:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthr...ight=immersion

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to disable the GLOW on health bar