01/16/16, 12:18 AM   #1
TinfoilPancakes
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Something that was driving me mad...

So being new to this and wanting to enhance my ESO experience I decided I wanted to write a simple addon to track combat data and display it how I wanted it (I didn't like FTC's way of handling it)

So after spending half the day trying to get my addon to load I came across the fact that you CANNOT HAVE SPACES IN YOUR ADDON FOLDER NAME - or rather YOUCANNOTHAVESPACESINYOURADDONFOLDERNAME

Why this limitation? I have no idea... But I thought if someone else was having this issue this might help!

Now excuse me as I throw my computer through a wall.
01/16/16, 03:03 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Welcome to ESO addon development. You will be seeing a lot more limitations left and right from here on out.

I suggest you read the beginners guides on the wiki. Your finding is one of the very first things mentioned in the MyFirstAddon tutorial by Zenimax Online.

There are also a lot of great developer addons that will support you in your endeavors. DevTools a collection of them, or simply check the Developer Utilities section for some you like.
You can also check the UI source code online or download it. There is always something to learn from it.

If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. We have a really helpful community here.
Enjoy your stay.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Something that was driving me mad...